The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:12 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:
Israel really knows how to party.

More on this:
Quote:
This wasn’t the worst night in Benjamin Netanyahu’s political career. He’s lost elections and primaries before. He spent an entire decade outside the prime minister’s office after his first term ended disgracefully in 1999.

On Wednesday night, Netanyahu was forced to dissolve the Knesset and call a new election, effectively admitting (though he didn’t say so) that he failed to win the April 9 election. He is still prime minister for the next four months. But this was his worst night in thirteen years.

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news ... -1.7305540

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 6:21 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Meanwhile..
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/gulf-of-oman-incident-latest-intl/index.html

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 7:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Annnnnd...we’re blaming Iran.

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 7:45 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

"Remember the oil tankers!"

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu June 13, 2019 11:36 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Annnnnd...we’re blaming Iran.

Initiating “Blame the Jews” protocol on your mark

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 12:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

CBS News:
Quote:
Tanker owner seems to dispute U.S. account of Gulf of Oman attack

The Japanese owner of the Kokuka Courageous, one of two oil tankers targeted near the Strait of Hormuz, said Friday that sailors on board saw "flying objects" just before it was hit, suggesting the vessel wasn't damaged by mines.

That account contradicts what the U.S. military said as it released a video Friday it said shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the two ships that were hit.

The Japanese tanker was attacked twice Thursday, damaging the vessel and forcing all 21 crew members to evacuate.

Company president Yutaka Katada said Friday he believes the flying objects seen by the sailors could have been bullets. He denied any possibility of mines or torpedoes because the damage was above the ship's waterline. He called reports of a mine attack "false."

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 6:27 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I love the name of that boat.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri June 14, 2019 6:36 pm 

This is old but amazing. Surely I'm misunderstanding him...

"I'm not advocating that, I'm just suggesting that...uh...we...ahh...ok yeah I'm totally advocating that.

PostPosted: Sat June 15, 2019 12:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Sun June 16, 2019 6:37 pm 
Poster of the Year

McParadigm wrote:
CBS News:
Quote:

The Japanese owner of the Kokuka Courageous, one of two oil tankers targeted near the Strait of Hormuz, said Friday that sailors on board saw "flying objects" just before it was hit, suggesting the vessel wasn't damaged by mines.

That account contradicts what the U.S. military said as it released a video Friday it said shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the two ships that were hit.

The Japanese tanker was attacked twice Thursday, damaging the vessel and forcing all 21 crew members to evacuate.

Company president Yutaka Katada said Friday he believes the flying objects seen by the sailors could have been bullets. He denied any possibility of mines or torpedoes because the damage was above the ship's waterline. He called reports of a mine attack "false."

The United States would never lie about a ship explosion.

PostPosted: Sun June 16, 2019 6:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
CBS News:
Quote:

The United States would never lie about a ship explosion.

Perhaps reading the whole article instead of the selective cut above would help:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oil-tanker ... 019-06-14/

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 6:00 pm 
Poster of the Year

welcome to the third in the ongoing series of persian gulf wars

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 7:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I remain skeptical, or perhaps hopeful, that it won’t happen. He’s already slid more than once into claiming that he’s already fixed the Iran problem, which is usually a sign that he doesn’t have the stomach for whatever John Bolton is proposing. He even suggested the drone takedown was an accident.

I also dislike the “here we go again, another Middle East forever war” weariness attitude among the opposition. Iran is bigger than Iraq and Afghanistan combined, both in terms of population and territory. They are one of the top cyberwarfare-ready countries in the world, and our own navy reportedly believes they have a defensive missile infrastructure sufficient to render the entire Arabian Sea off limits to us in the event of a war. I don’t think that what we saw in Iraq or Afghanistan remotely compares to what war with Iran would be like.

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 7:19 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 8:14 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 8:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Can we please just execute John Bolton?

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 8:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
I remain skeptical, or perhaps hopeful, that it won’t happen. He’s already slid more than once into claiming that he’s already fixed the Iran problem, which is usually a sign that he doesn’t have the stomach for whatever John Bolton is proposing. He even suggested the drone takedown was an accident.

I also dislike the “here we go again, another Middle East forever war” weariness attitude among the opposition. Iran is bigger than Iraq and Afghanistan combined, both in terms of population and territory. They are one of the top cyberwarfare-ready countries in the world, and our own navy reportedly believes they have a defensive missile infrastructure sufficient to render the entire Arabian Sea off limits to us in the event of a war. I don’t think that what we saw in Iraq or Afghanistan remotely compares to what war with Iran would be like.

Agreed. A war with Iran is not winnable nor moral nor remotely desirable to threaten.

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 8:26 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Simple Torture wrote:

I was just agreeing with him. He's spot on in that they have way more to go against us with than a fleeing Iraqi military or some Warlords in Afghanistan.

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 9:28 pm 
Poster of the Year

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I was just agreeing with him. He's spot on in that they have way more to go against us with than a fleeing Iraqi military or some Warlords in Afghanistan.

Good thing our commander in chief is a rational person.

PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 9:33 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

That meme means you guys agree.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate