The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Fri February 01, 2019 10:22 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Israel is now threatening my country because we passed a law banning products from illegal settlements. To be totally fair, it meant Israel and the rape of Palestine.

And apparently it’s all antisemetic?
Nah. We just don’t like an invading element commiting genocide. Thanks.

Let’s see how this goes.

Israel threatens retaliatory measures if Ireland passes Bill to boycott Israeli goods

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.iris ... 00918.html

PostPosted: Sat February 02, 2019 8:34 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
Israel is now threatening my country because we passed a law banning products from illegal settlements. To be totally fair, it meant Israel and the rape of Palestine.

And apparently it’s all antisemetic?
Nah. We just don’t like an invading element commiting genocide. Thanks.

Let’s see how this goes.

Israel threatens retaliatory measures if Ireland passes Bill to boycott Israeli goods

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.iris ... 00918.html

Anti BDS acts tend to be a bit overkill (There have been some state level and I believe they are working on a federal level anti-BDS bill), but I would love to see the statement of an honest BDS person for what it looks like a day after or a month after Gaza gets all the sheet metal and rocket fuel precursors it wants. I'm guessing kumbaya.

PostPosted: Sat February 02, 2019 11:17 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

To be fair, if Ireland boycotts Israel, it is only right that they boycott you back.

PostPosted: Sat February 02, 2019 3:50 pm 

Absolutely. As far as I know trade between both countries is negligible anyways.
But reading through it on twitter, they’re never happier than when they’re the victim.
And boy are they angry about it.

PostPosted: Sat February 02, 2019 4:03 pm 

*it’s not a boycott on all Israeli goods, just those from illegally occupied territories. Who makes that distinction I’m not sure. We seem to breaking an EU law but adhering to a UN resolution. It won’t pass in our parliament anyways. Deputy PM has already spoken against it saying we can’t / won’t.
Gonna watch this one closely.

PostPosted: Wed February 13, 2019 6:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Uh

PostPosted: Wed February 13, 2019 8:14 pm 

Well we really should have a ‘Why are Israel such a bunch of dicks?’ Thread but objectivity on all things Israel isn’t really a strong point in the US or it’s internet.

*Palestinian student scholarships to Irish colleges announced this week and you’ll never guess who has a huge problem with it

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thej ... 9/%3famp=1

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 4:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
Netanyahu to stand trial for bribery and breach of trust, pending hearing

In a move that drastically shakes up Israeli politics less than six weeks before general elections, Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit decided Thursday that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will be charged with criminal wrongdoing in three separate cases against him, including bribery in the far-reaching Bezeq corruption probe, pending a hearing.

The decision marks the first time in Israel’s history that a serving prime minister has been told he faces criminal charges, and casts a heavy shadow over Netanyahu’s re-election campaign.

Netanyahu will be charged with fraud and breach of trust in Cases 1000 and 2000, and bribery in Case 4000.

“This is hugely significant — for the prime minister and for all of us,” said Suzie Navot, a professor of constitutional and parliamentary law. “This was an investigation conducted with caution, with restraint — some would say too much restraint, over too long. The evidence was checked and re-checked.” The attorney general knew full well how dramatic would be the political fallout, she said. “And yet the decision was taken to indict, in all three cases.”

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 4:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Israel targeted BDS movement people in the US for threats and blackmail.
Quote:
The campaign, code-named Project Butterfly, initially targeted B.D.S. activists on college campuses in “a single U.S. state,” which former Psy-Group employees have told me was New York. The company said that its operatives drew up lists of individuals and organizations to target. The operatives then gathered derogatory information on them from social media and the “deep” Web, areas of the Internet that are not indexed by search engines such as Google. In some cases, Psy-Group operatives conducted on-the-ground covert human-intelligence, or HUMINT, operations against their targets. Israeli intelligence officials insist that they do not spy on Americans, a claim that is disputed by their U.S. counterparts. Israeli officials said, however, that this prohibition does not apply to private companies such as Psy-Group, which use discharged Israel Defense Forces soldiers and former members of elite intelligence units, rather than active-duty members, in operations targeting Americans.

Project Butterfly called for Psy-Group operatives to disseminate negative information about B.D.S. activists in ways that could not be traced back to the company or its donors. The goal, according to a Psy-Group summary of the campaign, from May, 2017, was to create “a new reality in which anti-Israeli activists are exposed and forced to confront the consequences of their actions.” The campaign’s messages were designed to convince Americans that “anti-Israeli activity” equated to “terrorism,” the company told donors. A former Psy-Group employee said these so-called name-and-shame tactics were often effective at silencing individual B.D.S. activists. “They would disappear,” the employee told me.

Quote:
In 2017, Psy-Group planned to expand Project Butterfly to target up to ten college campuses and other “venues,” according to the documents. In addition, the company said that its operatives would focus on between fifteen and twenty “national level individual targets.” Donors were told that Psy-Group had “mapped anti-Israel hubs” across the country and had “executed 5 rapid-response operations nationwide,” without explaining what those operations entailed and whom they targeted.

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 7:12 pm 

UN report this also says Israel ‘may have commited war crimes’.

They killed 189 Palestinians at at protest. Including children.

But it’s only ‘may’ have commited war crimes.

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 7:17 pm 

UN report says Israel a ‘racist state’ and ‘apartheid regime’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/m ... -1.3012189

PostPosted: Tue April 30, 2019 5:38 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Back to the home front: what are the chances that this was anything other than the old FBI playbook of finding some marginal individual with no ability of their own and talking them into a bomb plot?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-48100431

Has it been established that there were any white supremacist rallies in the timeline reported?

Does the FBI excell at anything other than hoodwinking dimwits and killing women and children?

PostPosted: Tue April 30, 2019 5:42 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

dimejinky99 wrote:
UN report says Israel a ‘racist state’ and ‘apartheid regime’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/m ... -1.3012189

"A UN agency"

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am 

Fuck. This is terrifying

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:36 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Would it be so bad if they just got rid of Hamas and stopped fighting Israel?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:41 am 

If only. Hamas has a stranglehold on every single Palestinian. With the result that every single Palestinian is portrayed and treated as a member of Hamas. So bombing them out of existence is somehow legitimised.

History teaches us anything, trying to bomb or starve your problems/other people, out of existence tends not to work and comes back to haunt you.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 pm 
Rank This Poster

Meanwhile, we continue our support of the most evil motherfuckers on the planet.

Trump Cites Iran to Bypass Congress on Saudi Arms Sales

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/0 ... rabia.html

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:53 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Will there be a war with Iran before Trump's term ends or will a democrat have to start it? Kinda goes against the narrative but I don't think they want to delay any longer. We're way overdue.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Israel really knows how to party.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Not really related to anything currently going on, but I just read this book and if you're interested in geographical/spatial theory and how it intersects with the discourses of global terror, highly recc'd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate