Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Stand-off

Fri October 28, 2016 1:05 am

Simple Torture wrote:How the fuck did these guys get off?

america

Fri October 28, 2016 1:18 am

yea whatever happened to these bums?

Fri October 28, 2016 3:20 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:How the fuck did these guys get off?

america (is awesome)

Fri October 28, 2016 4:13 am

After the verdicts were read, Ammon Bundy’s attorney, Marcus Mumford, argued his client should be set free, while U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown said he must be returned to the custody of federal marshals, since he and his brother still faced charges in Nevada, stemming from a 2014 standoff near their father’s ranch.

“Mr. Mumford, you really need to not yell at me now or ever again,” Brown admonished.

Mumford’s protests grew louder until he was finally tackled and tased by marshals, said defendant Shawna Cox and another member of the defense’s legal team. The judge ordered the courtroom cleared.

Fri October 28, 2016 4:26 am

The prosecutor refused a plea from at least some of these 7 defendants previously. I wonder how that prosecutor is going to live that down.

Fri October 28, 2016 4:37 am

I wonder what would have happened if these guys were black. or native american....

Fri October 28, 2016 4:40 am

Strat wrote:I wonder what would have happened if these guys were black. or native american....

Probably more importantly, what would have happened if they were charged by the state, or with yanno, a legit crime.

Fri October 28, 2016 5:07 am

simple schoolboy wrote:
Strat wrote:I wonder what would have happened if these guys were black. or native american....

Probably more importantly, what would have happened if they were charged by the state, or with yanno, a legit crime.

Thats...my point?

Fri October 28, 2016 12:13 pm

See: Dakota Pipeline

Fri October 28, 2016 1:23 pm

bune wrote:

Yup

Fri October 28, 2016 1:24 pm

“I fear this ruling will embolden other militants to use the threat of violence and I worry for the safety of employees at our public land- management agencies,” said John Horning, executive director of WildEarth Guardians, in a statement. “It is entirely possible there will be threats or intimidations from militants that believe such actions are justified by this verdict."

This is terrible timing, all things considered.

Fri October 28, 2016 5:12 pm

McParadigm wrote:
“I fear this ruling will embolden other militants to use the threat of violence and I worry for the safety of employees at our public land- management agencies,” said John Horning, executive director of WildEarth Guardians, in a statement. “It is entirely possible there will be threats or intimidations from militants that believe such actions are justified by this verdict."

This is terrible timing, all things considered.

But at least Mark Ruffalo is protesting with the people in South Dakota.

Fri October 28, 2016 10:05 pm

McParadigm wrote:
bune wrote:

Yup

They wouldn't have shot and killed one of them?

Sat October 29, 2016 4:38 am

I trust y'all have seen the juror statement and other analysis. The Feds probably could have convicted on lesser charges (such as trespassing), but wanted to make a statement.

I don't understand why lesser charges weren't included. Dont they generally throw everything potentially relevant at the defendant and see what sticks?
Post a reply