The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Stand-off
PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2016 4:31 am 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
Cool. Burt can't come though.

You gotta bring a hot girl though. My wife can't be the only female

Lol. Sure she can!

I'll make sure to pull my weight, friend.

PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2016 4:31 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2016 10:47 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
No, they are dumbass rednecks who want attention. The sooner i get into a cabin in the mountains and away from society, the better. God I can't wait.

NOT IF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TAKES ALL THE LAND FOR SAID CABIN. ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM TREAD ON YOU BRO?!?!?!

Cute and all, but what percentage of Illinois is Federal land? Its not really clear why wide swaths of the west are public, and yet theres no need to put eastern land under Federal ownership for ecological/ public use purposes.

Not to mention the historical failure of federal managment of federal land that resulted in significant fires. Lands in private hands that burn into bordering plots can at least be held liable.

Tragedy of the commons bro, how does it work!?

PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2016 5:03 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
No, they are dumbass rednecks who want attention. The sooner i get into a cabin in the mountains and away from society, the better. God I can't wait.

NOT IF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TAKES ALL THE LAND FOR SAID CABIN. ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM TREAD ON YOU BRO?!?!?!

Cute and all, but what percentage of Illinois is Federal land? Its not really clear why wide swaths of the west are public, and yet theres no need to put eastern land under Federal ownership for ecological/ public use purposes.

Not to mention the historical failure of federal managment of federal land that resulted in significant fires. Lands in private hands that burn into bordering plots can at least be held liable.

PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2016 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

simple schoolboy wrote:
It's because the western states didn't exist or hadn't been significantly settled yet back when the feds were handing out land to private hands left and right. That attitude changed when it was the western states' turn to exist/be settled. Not terribly unclear.

simple schoolboy wrote:

Much of forest fires in the West are out of human control, be it public or private. Fires have been a natural part of the ecosystem there long before the rise of humanity. Then you've also got global warming to deal with, as well.

PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2016 5:54 pm 
Gone

simple schoolboy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I'm sorry I treaded on you

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2016 3:14 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I feel like they're trying to provoke a response at this point:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/ ... ife-refuge

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/b ... -documents

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2016 3:24 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Simple Torture wrote:

I still don't understand why they haven't cut the power to the building? How are those guys able to use the government computers?

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2016 3:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Nah. See how long you can keep them there. Make it a game. Better yet, a reality show. Make some money off of this, donate it to liberal causes, and thank these idiots for making it possible to offer free legal support to gay immigrants.

But keep them there. Keep them there forever kthx.

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2016 3:44 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
Nah. See how long you can keep them there. Make it a game. Better yet, a reality show. Make some money off of this, donate it to liberal causes, and thank these idiots for making it possible to offer free legal support to gay immigrants.

This is a fantastic idea.

Oh, and then when they decide to leave, arrest them for destruction of federal property.

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2016 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

McParadigm wrote:

I feel like you were filled with the spirit of George Carlin just now. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2016 1:56 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

THIS.

Quote:

No one ever said it’s easy to take a stand against the federal government: it’s cold, there aren’t enough snacks, everyone is pissy, and a bunch of strangers won’t stop sending you hate mail and dicks.

Oregon militia organizer Jon Ritzheimer really, really fuckin’ hates Uncle Sam. But what he hates even more is all of the obscene and generally unhelpful emails and packages that strangers from around the country and Gawker are sending to his band of armchair commandos. In a new Facebook post and accompanying video, Ritzheimer says he’s sick of this garbage:

It’s sad that there are people who would spend this kind of money on this rather than spending it to do good in the world. I’m done living in fear of an oppressing force. I’m going to uphold my oath to the Constitution and sleep great at night knowing that I did everything in my power to ensure what our founding fathers did for us will not be lost.

He takes particular issue with an enormous dildo and a “bag of dicks” that appear to be made out of candy—a form of snack, so I’m not sure what his beef is here. Militia spokesperson Maureen “Mo” Peltier echoes Ritzheimer’s disgust:

People spending money to send items representing their hate. That could have been spent on good things. Or those in need. Or something.

Billy Gober posted a genius idea, sell it back on ebay. So, keep sending stupid shit, it’s gonna turn a dime for them. Lol Economics!
I love the idea of the Oregon militiamen selling dildos on eBay, so yes, consider the plan fully endorsed.

Ritzheimer’s video ends with him sweeping the entire table of anti-militia mail onto the floor in an extremely dramatic fashion.

As unpleasant as this occupation has been, we can at least take satisfaction in knowing that we, as a people, came together as one to make the leader of the armed band of dangerous idiots get mad online.

PostPosted: Wed January 13, 2016 3:58 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2016 12:20 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

So, um....wut?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/m ... izen-judge

Quote:
Self-proclaimed Superior Court Judge Bruce Doucette arrived in Oregon Tuesday to meet with Ammon Bundy's gang of militiamen and help them prepare for a so-called citizen trial against local officials who they say have violated ranchers' rights near the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.

It is the latest escalation in the standoff, which has grown increasingly peculiar in recent days with militiamen tearing down federal fencing, surfing government computers and rummaging through refuge documents.

Doucette, 54, is a computer fixer upper man who also doubles as a judge (although he has no formal legal training.) According to a Facebook page that appears to belong to him, Doucette is a judge for the Colorado Supreme Court, which "ARE THE HIGHEST COURTS ON THE LAND. THEY HAVE THE TRUE POWER BECAUSE THE VERDICTS ARE ISSUED BY THE GRAND JURY OF TWENTY FIVE PEOPLE THAT ALL MUST BE UNANIMOUS IN THEIR DECISION, NOT THE JUDGE."

Doucette appears to have taken an oath of office to be a U.S. Superior Court judge -- which, again, isn't a real judgeship -- in May 2015 when he declared that he was a "warrior protector" with "jurisdiction in all matters of all states and estates, national and countries where oppression, tyranny, suffrage, peonage, barratry, piracy, slavery of any type, involuntary servitude, antitrust, monopolizing, terrorism, exploitation, blackmail, extortion" or more occurred.

Doucette has interceded in matters between patriot groups and the government before. A Denver Post article from November chronicled how Doucette was called upon to assist a group of individuals who had moved to Costilla County, Colorado with the intention of setting up off-the-grid settlements, but had run into permitting fights with local officials. According to that piece, Doucette was called in via telephone at a meeting where he told the Denver Post that that while he did not have a formal law education, "I'm a very honest man with a lot of integrity, also very educated. I wouldn't credit any institution for the knowledge I have."

Doucette has also spent time working to free Steve Curry who is currently serving a jail sentence and is best known for allegedly selling illegitimate meteorites he claimed were tax deductible online. In a document posted to his Facebook page, Doucette sent a notice to Montrose County (Colorado) Sheriff Rick Dunlap informing him Curry needed to be released or the sheriff would face arrest. In a 12-page document, Doucette made his case and included a significant history of the sovereign citizens movement with a caveat for the sheriff.

"If you feel stupid or overwhelmed at the end, that's normal and we all go through that process of waking up. Realize you were intentionally defrauded," he said in the letter.

Doucette's Facebook page is littered with various arrest warrants for county officials from sheriffs to local judges as well as memes explaining how the "word legal means undoing God's Law," a video showing how you can run a car on water, and an article on how to keep bees indoors. His Facebook also includes a letter to Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper asking why he and the attorney general did not have an "oath of office" on file.

On his Facebook page, he also links to an article about ranchers Dwight and Steven Hammond, whose imprisonment for arson on federal lands was the inspiration for the standoff at Malheur. According to the article, their ranch -- which adjoins the Malheur refuge -- is sitting on "Natural Gas And Uranium that China Wants."

Doucette is also a bit of a science denier and conspiracy theorist. He has posted about how he doubts that the world is really round. He flat out said on Facebook that "we do not live on a Globe."

On November 16, Doucette posted a link on his Facebook titled “Boston Marathon Bombing ‘Victim’ Admits Hoax.” He then comments on the link and says 'Yes but this is our pretend government ... So sad that some people don’t see the Truth."

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2016 12:24 am 
Poster of the Year

Have you guys ever read up on the Sovereign Citizens? They're a bunch of cop killing psychos.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2016 2:48 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

There's another article floating around that summarizes a novel that one of the militiamen wrote. Surprise, surprise: it involves putting local officials on trial for crimes against the constitution. Oh, and in the novel they lynch them.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2016 3:09 am 
AnalLog

F these guys

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2016 2:45 pm 
The Master

Ugh. Fuck Colorado.

PostPosted: Fri January 15, 2016 4:28 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Have you guys ever read up on the Sovereign Citizens? They're a bunch of cop killing psychos.

Some number of them do that, but by in large they just clog the court system with claims of flags with fringes nullifying the court's authority. If you think they constitute an ongoing threat, then maybe you've given too much creedence to SPLC press releases. Mostly they're just crazy. I imagine they come from the same cohort that falls for multi-level marketing schemes and Scientology. By going for Sovereign Citizens instead, at least we get spared from their prostelytizing.

PostPosted: Wed January 20, 2016 1:24 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/b ... e-trumpets

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate