Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

The South Will Rise Again: The Secession Thread
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6664
Page 2 of 5

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Sat October 03, 2015 3:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

dpupenya wrote:
Nor cal keeps wanting to split into its ow state, the State of Jefferson

http://www.jeffersonstate.com

I like how they are trying to take most of the Oregon Coast lol

Author:  bart [ Sat October 03, 2015 10:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dpupenya wrote:
Nor cal keeps wanting to split into its ow state, the State of Jefferson

http://www.jeffersonstate.com

I like how they are trying to take most of the Oregon Coast lol

Yeah they're really movin' on up there.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat October 03, 2015 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

Saw a few signs there on the drive up that sounded they were none too happy about being part of California.

Author:  McParadigm [ Mon October 05, 2015 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

poor dears

Author:  bart [ Mon October 05, 2015 11:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

It's going to take a whole lot of tryin' to get up that hill.

Author:  McParadigm [ Tue October 06, 2015 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

The day that NorCal invades Oregon in a breakout land grab scenario, America will have reached peak America. There will be nowhere left to go.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Tue October 06, 2015 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

Will the capital of that state be what is now known as Weed, CA?

Author:  darth_vedder [ Tue October 06, 2015 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

Rather than secession, I'm not opposed to more states. Seems like California is a good experiment to make like 3 or 4.

Northern Virginia may was well be a separate state from the rest of Virginia. What other states make sense to split up? Washington? I could see an East and West Washington.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Tue October 06, 2015 1:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

darth_vedder wrote:
Rather than secession, I'm not opposed to more states. Seems like California is a good experiment to make like 3 or 4.

Northern Virginia may was well be a separate state from the rest of Virginia. What other states make sense to split up? Washington? I could see an East and West Washington.

What would this accomplish other than a massive waste of time and effort?

Author:  darth_vedder [ Tue October 06, 2015 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Rather than secession, I'm not opposed to more states. Seems like California is a good experiment to make like 3 or 4.

Northern Virginia may was well be a separate state from the rest of Virginia. What other states make sense to split up? Washington? I could see an East and West Washington.

What would this accomplish other than a massive waste of time and effort?


Maybe a good made for tv movie?

Author:  4/5 [ Tue October 06, 2015 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Rather than secession, I'm not opposed to more states. Seems like California is a good experiment to make like 3 or 4.

Northern Virginia may was well be a separate state from the rest of Virginia. What other states make sense to split up? Washington? I could see an East and West Washington.

What would this accomplish other than a massive waste of time and effort?

I mean South Florida has very little politically in common with North Florida. I'm sure both sides would prefer their own government that better represents them than one government that consistently pisses off half the state at any given time.

Author:  bart [ Tue October 06, 2015 10:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Will the capital of that state be what is now known as Weed, CA?

Weezyton, JN

Author:  McParadigm [ Wed October 07, 2015 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

I like this idea that every neighborhood gets to be its own state. I will sign your petition.

Author:  simple schoolboy [ Wed October 07, 2015 3:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

McParadigm wrote:
I like this idea that every neighborhood gets to be its own state. I will sign your petition.


Local control seems like a good idea until it turns out that they want to institute an HOA and your paint color isn't on the list of approved hues.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Wed October 07, 2015 4:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

I'm moving to Catalonia.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Wed October 07, 2015 4:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

Do Canadians secretly wish Quebecers would fuck off and leave already? Dev?

Author:  4/5 [ Wed October 07, 2015 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
I like this idea that every neighborhood gets to be its own state. I will sign your petition.


Local control seems like a good idea until it turns out that they want to institute an HOA and your paint color isn't on the list of approved hues.

So if not the local or federal level where do you prefer political power reside?

Author:  McParadigm [ Wed October 07, 2015 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

4/5 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
I like this idea that every neighborhood gets to be its own state. I will sign your petition.


Local control seems like a good idea until it turns out that they want to institute an HOA and your paint color isn't on the list of approved hues.

So if not the local or federal level where do you prefer political power reside?


Different degrees of power should reside at different levels, and (while not the popular choice) an increasing amount of that power is most appropriately exercised at levels beyond the governments of individual nations.

We like the fantasy that government can heavily effect economics, but the opposite is so much more true that a globalized world needs a genuine degree of governance to be placed outside the national level.

Author:  dpupenya [ Thu October 08, 2015 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Will the capital of that state be what is now known as Weed, CA?

Not unless they upgrade their McDonalds

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Thu October 08, 2015 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: secession

dpupenya wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Will the capital of that state be what is now known as Weed, CA?

Not unless they upgrade their McDonalds

Every time I've driven through Weed, the rest stop on the interstate their had a line of people waiting to take a picture in front of the "Welcome to Weed, CA" sign.

Page 2 of 5 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/