Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Preppers

Thu February 11, 2016 8:06 am

Rangi Guy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/9/10950976/russian-sherp-atv-truck

There is an 18 month wait. I hope the world doesn't end by then. My name is on the wait list. Thanks Burt!

Sweet. I can't wait to race them over the piles of bones and rubble of the old world.

Can I ride with you guys once the apocalypse happens? Something tells me I'm gonna be lonely

You can ride shotgun, assuming you have a shotgun.

Thu February 25, 2016 9:22 am

i'm not like a hardcore prepper...

but it can all go to shit, in a matter of days. its not crazy to look after yourself, especially in terms of security ....

All my christmas and birthday gifts are in line with this thinking.

Bro's got a baby on the way, i got him a bandolier with 25 buckshot 12 guage rounds. lol, he was stoked.

Sat February 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Redemption wrote:but it can all go to shit, in a matter of days. its not crazy to look after yourself, especially in terms of security ....

Are you prepping for the collapse or is collapse going to happen because you are prepping?

Sun March 27, 2016 8:47 am

b_i_revisited wrote:
Redemption wrote:but it can all go to shit, in a matter of days. its not crazy to look after yourself, especially in terms of security ....

Are you prepping for the collapse or is collapse going to happen because you are prepping?

there fucking better be zombies.

and eh, who gives a shit. i was pissing away quite a lot of money on beer and scotch and shit-literally pissing it away. most of the shit i'm buying now doubles as camping/hiking gear, which I do a lot of, and will be doing a lot more of.

Sun March 27, 2016 9:34 pm

I read recently former NBA basketball bust Adam Morrison is a prepper.

Mon March 28, 2016 2:40 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I read recently former NBA basketball bust Adam Morrison is a prepper.

Why not, Former mustashioed Gonzaga Great, Adam Morrison, enjoys collecting woodsy items for no particular reason?

Mon March 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Electromatic wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:I read recently former NBA basketball bust Adam Morrison is a prepper.

Why not, Former mustashioed Gonzaga Great, Adam Morrison, enjoys collecting woodsy items for no particular reason?

Gonzaga is in Spokane, that is the heart of prepper country right there.

Tue March 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Redemption wrote:
b_i_revisited wrote:

and eh, who gives a shit. i was pissing away quite a lot of money on beer and scotch and shit-literally pissing it away. most of the shit i'm buying now doubles as camping/hiking gear, which I do a lot of, and will be doing a lot more of.

I meant like, as more people become prepared for collapse, does that mean they are less likely participate in actions to prevent it because they no longer fear it like they once did?

Wed March 30, 2016 4:07 am

b_i_revisited wrote:
Redemption wrote:
b_i_revisited wrote:

I meant like, as more people become prepared for collapse, does that mean they are less likely participate in actions to prevent it because they no longer fear it like they once did?

Follow-up question: does owning a Fitbit really qualify as prepping?

Wed April 13, 2016 9:36 am

McParadigm wrote:
b_i_revisited wrote:
Redemption wrote:
b_i_revisited wrote:

Follow-up question: does owning a Fitbit really qualify as prepping?

a fitbit is just a tracking device imo.

Wed April 13, 2016 9:43 am

b_i_revisited wrote:

That is an interesting idea.

Fri April 15, 2016 9:35 am

I understand that 90% of the things these people running for president say is bullshit.

But Bernie has the right idea in his sense of urgency regarding global warming and climate change. Like during WWII the US manufacturing sector went full throttle pumping out planes and guns and shit....that type of mobilization is what is needed now to combat this potential threat to our species survival.

Fri April 15, 2016 11:22 pm

http://gawker.com/after-his-honeymoon-t ... socialflow :search:

Sat April 16, 2016 1:04 am

spike wrote:http://gawker.com/after-his-honeymoon-ted-cruz-immediately-bought-100-ca-1770893594?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow :search:

My dad's brothers removed the labels from every can in my parents' pantry when they were on their honeymoon, so they didn't know what was in any can until they opened it. He told the story as if there were hundreds of cans. I was going to say that maybe it's a generational thing, but I just googled Ted Cruz, and he's actually my age.

Fri April 22, 2016 8:42 am

Hurry up and crumble, society! I have stuff to smash!

https://www.facebook.com/dima.koslowski ... 095450656/

Sun April 24, 2016 5:19 am

BurtReynolds wrote:Hurry up and crumble, society! I have stuff to smash!

badass

Tue April 26, 2016 10:26 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Hurry up and crumble, society! I have stuff to smash!

seems pretty cool if you live in a town where everything i set at 45 degree angles

Sun May 01, 2016 3:38 pm

Went back to South Dakota recently and it turns out prepping is getting popular there. But so are post-middle age tattoos and facial piercings. Given the eternal affection that dried up state has for firearms, four wheelers and whatnot, I'm 99% sure that they're just becoming Mad Max. They just never show you in those movies the part where they cross the Iowa border and everything is fine

Sun May 01, 2016 7:59 pm

:lol:

Wed November 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Just updated my Potassium Iodine supply, glad I had bought a new stock of MRE's recently. The prices on ebay are skyrocketing.

This was all a serious post, btw.
Post a reply