Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Preppers

Sun March 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Where did you watch it? Sounds interesting.

Sun March 12, 2017 4:28 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I watched a Ruby Ridge doc a couple nights ago, and I can't stop thinking about it.

Frontline?

Sun March 12, 2017 4:29 pm

The last couple episodes of Frontline were on Waco/Oklahoma City and Ruby Ridge.

Sun March 12, 2017 4:31 pm

The Waco thing terrified me as a kid.

Sun March 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Because you thought the guv-ment was gonna come for ya?

Sun March 12, 2017 4:35 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Because you thought the guv-ment was gonna come for ya?

No, because of the psycho religious people. I think. It's sort of a vague memory of a formless fear.

Sun March 12, 2017 4:35 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

No, because of the psycho religious people. I think. It's sort of a vague memory of a formless fear.

Oh good. Those people were fucking nuts.

Sun March 12, 2017 5:14 pm

It was definitely PBS, but I think it was American Experience? It's streaming for free on their site/app.

Sun March 12, 2017 5:18 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I totally relate. Ruby Ridge, Waco, True Detective...they've all tapped into this vague fear I had as a kid around religion and the occult. Ruby Ridge is especially interesting to me because of my familial roots in Idaho.

Mon March 13, 2017 2:36 am

Those Ruby ridge assholes clearly weren't good prepped.

Mon March 13, 2017 2:47 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Those Ruby ridge assholes clearly weren't good prepped.

They held out for months, and capped it with nine days of gunfire, armed standoff, and the rotting corpses of the family mother and son in the same cabin.

Mon March 13, 2017 3:48 am

tragabigzanda wrote:

They held out for months, and capped it with nine days of gunfire, armed standoff, and the rotting corpses of the family mother and son in the same cabin.

And came away with about $3.5 million in damages from the state. Helluva a price for a wife and kid.

Mon March 13, 2017 3:54 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

And came away with about $3.5 million in damages from the state. Helluva a price for a wife and kid.

I was reading this morning that they sued for $200M, before settling on the $3.5M. People associated with the case on the federal side said the Weavers probably would've won.

Mon March 13, 2017 3:58 am

If the FBI didn't blatantly entrap this guy buying those sawed off shotguns the family would still be in that cabin on top of that mountain, living peacefully in fear of god knows what and we'd all be better for it.

Mon March 13, 2017 4:06 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:If the FBI didn't blatantly entrap this guy buying those sawed off shotguns the family would still be in that cabin on top of that mountain, living peacefully in fear of god knows what and we'd all be better for it.

Yep. I am kind of going down the rabbit hole, learning how this and Waco gave birth to the modern militia movement, and how the white supremacy groups have splintered and settled into various new iterations around WA, OR, ID, and MT.

Mon March 13, 2017 4:07 am

Don't get me wrong, these people are fucking crazy.

Mon March 13, 2017 4:13 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Don't get me wrong, these people are fucking crazy.

Yea, but different kinds of crazy.

Mon March 13, 2017 4:25 am

Right but true prepped wouldn't do anything to attract attention to themselves or their property. Prepping is about surviving on your own and forget the rest of the world. These guys were anti government "survivalists"

Mon March 13, 2017 4:25 am

And we also buy our guns legally

Mon March 13, 2017 4:43 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:And we also buy our guns legally

I am trying to talk the wife into letting me purchase a handgun or shotgun, but I've gotten nowhere after about a year.
Post a reply