Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Ahmed's Clock

Thu September 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Fuck You Jobu wrote:IT's important to also look at his family's influence on this.

His father is a media hound. He's a known anti-Islamophibast. He campaigned to be President of Sudan - which obviously isn't a democracy. He had a conversation with the guy in FL that burned Korans and was "surprised" when he burned another in his presence.

He was being coached on what to say to the media interviews. Mark Cuban said in his interview that he could hear his sister feed him answers.

Why was the kid intent on getting noticed for this? His first period engineering teacher told him not show anyone else, but yet his did on numerous occasions.

This also happened the on 9/12. Why that day? Was it coincidence that he had a NASA shirt on when he took a clock apart?

The US had just announced that it was accepting 20,000 Syrian immigrants. Also, why were a bunch of big shots (Obama, FB, NASA) so quickly to get behind him?

There's so much more going on here. I really don't think the kid had much to do with this and is just a (well-compensated) pawn. The real question here is who's?

That's all horse shit, consipiracy theorist crap. And believe me, I'm usually all for conspiracy theories.

Yes, did the media and politicians grab on to it immediately and blow it out of proportion? Absolutely.

It was a typical 14 year old act. Kids bring stupid shit into school all the time. They do stupid things all the time. Kid did a stupid thing. All the rest is just sensationalism.

So, the administration, NASA, Islamic Council, his family, and Zuckerburg all conspired to have this kid make a clock look like a hoax bomb so they could make a political statement? Cmon. I guess they just hoped that the IRving PD and the school would fuck it up and arrest him? What if they just sent him home for the day? That would have foiled the plan, eh?

Thu September 24, 2015 3:22 pm

I don't know, I tend to agree with Jobu. I don't really get how any of this reads as a stupid kid doing something stupid. The specificity of the so-called "prank" makes no sense. How is that even a prank? A clock that looks like a bomb? What?

The whole situation screams political statement to me, especially given the context of Ahmed's family. Though, if that was the case, even the family must have been surprised at how successful it was - Ahmed being arrested was a very extreme reaction.

Thu September 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Prank is probably the wrong word.

Attention craved stunt is more accurate.

Maybe his dad wanted him to do it, I don't know. I guess that's possible.

Thu September 24, 2015 5:47 pm

Everyone is stupid.

Thu September 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Hey fuck you

Thu September 24, 2015 7:09 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Everyone is stupid.

That's not accurate

http://superscholar.org/smartest-people-alive/

Thu September 24, 2015 7:23 pm

hlniv wrote:

That's not accurate

Guess it was a pretty stupid thing for him to say, huh?

Thu September 24, 2015 7:48 pm

hlniv wrote:

That's not accurate

I've heard of 3 of those people. :oops:

Thu September 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu September 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Everyone is dumb.

Thu September 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Most people are definitely dumb. Except RM. We're all smart. Except for LV's taste in most things.

Fri September 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Strat wrote:Most people are definitely dumb. Except RM. We're all smart. Except for LV's taste in most things.

These are accurate statements. Although, LV's taste is not something in which I am well-versed. However, I will trust that Strat has this correct.

Fri September 25, 2015 2:41 pm

hlniv wrote:
Fuck You Jobu wrote:IT's important to also look at his family's influence on this.

His father is a media hound. He's a known anti-Islamophibast. He campaigned to be President of Sudan - which obviously isn't a democracy. He had a conversation with the guy in FL that burned Korans and was "surprised" when he burned another in his presence.

He was being coached on what to say to the media interviews. Mark Cuban said in his interview that he could hear his sister feed him answers.

Why was the kid intent on getting noticed for this? His first period engineering teacher told him not show anyone else, but yet his did on numerous occasions.

This also happened the on 9/12. Why that day? Was it coincidence that he had a NASA shirt on when he took a clock apart?

The US had just announced that it was accepting 20,000 Syrian immigrants. Also, why were a bunch of big shots (Obama, FB, NASA) so quickly to get behind him?

There's so much more going on here. I really don't think the kid had much to do with this and is just a (well-compensated) pawn. The real question here is who's?

That's all horse shit, consipiracy theorist crap. And believe me, I'm usually all for conspiracy theories.

Yes, did the media and politicians grab on to it immediately and blow it out of proportion? Absolutely.

It was a typical 14 year old act. Kids bring stupid shit into school all the time. They do stupid things all the time. Kid did a stupid thing. All the rest is just sensationalism.

So, the administration, NASA, Islamic Council, his family, and Zuckerburg all conspired to have this kid make a clock look like a hoax bomb so they could make a political statement? Cmon. I guess they just hoped that the IRving PD and the school would fuck it up and arrest him? What if they just sent him home for the day? That would have foiled the plan, eh?

I didn't say all of them conspired. That's your conspiracy theory ;)

My indictment is on the family, esp the father. The other actors may or may not have been part of it. I was just saying there are a lot of coincidences. And maybe most of them are just that. But somewhere it's more than that, I'm just not sure where.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories either, but this whole situation just isn't right. I'm not sure why, but it's more than just a kid here.

Fri September 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Fuck You Jobu wrote:I don't believe in conspiracy theories either, but this whole situation just isn't right.

You're right. A situation like this could only be right if it produced a maximum of 27 minutes of news/discussion, and then everybody moved on to talking about and fretting over things that actually matter.

Fri September 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Did this clock even have an alarm?

Fri September 25, 2015 3:15 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Did this clock even have an alarm?

It certainly caused a lot of alarm, eh?

Fri September 25, 2015 4:14 pm

McParadigm wrote:
Fuck You Jobu wrote:I don't believe in conspiracy theories either, but this whole situation just isn't right.

You're right. A situation like this could only be right if it produced a maximum of 27 minutes of news/discussion, and then everybody moved on to talking about and fretting over things that actually matter.

IF this doesn't matter to you, why are you wasting time in this thread?

Fri September 25, 2015 4:14 pm

tommymtcom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Did this clock even have an alarm?

It certainly caused a lot of alarm, eh?

:lol: 8-)

Fri September 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Fuck You Jobu wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

IF this doesn't matter to you, why are you wasting time in this thread?

Fri September 25, 2015 4:39 pm

That is the correct answer, yes.
Post a reply