The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama's Legacy
PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2015 11:50 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2015 12:13 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

You know how nearly 1/3 of the people in the US believe Obama is a secret Muslim? Don't we think it's more likely that he's a secret atheist?

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 12:24 am 
Broken Tamborine

Simple Torture wrote:
You know how nearly 1/3 of the people in the US believe Obama is a secret Muslim? Don't we think it's more likely that he's a secret atheist?

It's interesting this conspiracy theory never gets explored. Especially considering people are more likely to vote for an Muslim than an atheist. I think it's a lack of the fear factor, atheists aren't as threatening to Christians as Muslims.

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 12:31 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

i think most presidents are secret atheists.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 4:18 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Dscans wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

It's interesting this conspiracy theory never gets explored. Especially considering people are more likely to vote for an Muslim than an atheist. I think it's a lack of the fear factor, atheists aren't as threatening to Christians as Muslims.

The godless commies are coming for your freedoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2015 8:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/15/west-ignored-russian-offer-in-2012-to-have-syrias-assad-step-aside?CMP=share_btn_tw

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2015 12:49 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:

I guess I agree with Mike Huckabee ::puke face:: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/23/politics/ ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2015 12:01 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I guess I agree with Mike Huckabee ::puke face:: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/23/politics/ ... index.html

Fuck that.

Obama hasn't done a god damned thing to make it harder for people to practice their religion. Just because Obama has different beliefs than Huckabee, that doesn't mean he's faking. There are literally hundreds of Christian denominations, some are more different than each other than Christianity and Islam.

As for how he greets the Pope ... my parents are Christians. They're non-denominational Christians, and they're straight up the best people I've ever met. But they're not Catholic. They don't recognize the Pope's authority. In their eyes, someone that elevates themselves to infallibility is blasphemous.

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2015 12:06 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2015 6:12 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Why is mike huckabee such a slithering twat?

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2015 7:00 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Kaius wrote:
Why is mike huckabee such a slithering twat?

Maybe if you tweet that, he will answer you.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2015 8:13 am 
AnalLog

Dscans wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I suspect the same people convinced he's a closeted muslim find the notion of not being religious inconceivable.

PostPosted: Fri September 25, 2015 8:28 am 
AnalLog

B wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Fuck that.

Obama hasn't done a god damned thing to make it harder for people to practice their religion. Just because Obama has different beliefs than Huckabee, that doesn't mean he's faking. There are literally hundreds of Christian denominations, some are more different than each other than Christianity and Islam.

As for how he greets the Pope ... my parents are Christians. They're non-denominational Christians, and they're straight up the best people I've ever met. But they're not Catholic. They don't recognize the Pope's authority. In their eyes, someone that elevates themselves to infallibility is blasphemous.

My impression is that here in the catholic part of Europe, the pope is considered more of a charismatic figure than an authority. This has a lot to do with how people live their religion. Even people who are very religious are very selective about what they accept not only from the pope but from the whole clergy.
Religion is also part of the political discourse here but nowhere near US levels.

PostPosted: Sat September 26, 2015 6:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Catholic America's relationship with church authority has revealed some real...eccentricities in the Facebook era.

PostPosted: Tue November 10, 2015 8:10 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I don't get this:

Quote:
Between 2009 and 2013, President Barack Obama achieved the improbable: he successfully eliminated the $1.4 trillion deficit legacy of the Bush administration, lowering it to $679 billion. That’s right: he cleaned up the mess cowboy George left behind, and things are looking up for America.

http://www.greenvillegazette.com/fb/rep ... it-mess-2/

Eliminating ≠ Lowering

PostPosted: Tue November 10, 2015 8:14 pm 
The Master

Is it true that unemployment is down to 5%? That's pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Tue November 10, 2015 9:46 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
I don't get this:

Quote:
Between 2009 and 2013, President Barack Obama achieved the improbable: he successfully eliminated the $1.4 trillion deficit legacy of the Bush administration, lowering it to $679 billion. That’s right: he cleaned up the mess cowboy George left behind, and things are looking up for America.

http://www.greenvillegazette.com/fb/rep ... it-mess-2/

Eliminating ≠ Lowering

Yeah, that's pretty confusing/inaccurate. From what I've seen, the yearly budget he'll set for the next president's first year could see no deficit by the end of it.

PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2015 1:35 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Is it true that unemployment is down to 5%? That's pretty amazing.

That is correct.

PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2015 1:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

where is thodoks to explain to us that 5% is really not correct? especially with only 1.5% economic growth

PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2015 1:57 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

That number is virtually useless nowadays. Most other numbers/indexes put our "real" unemployment rate at 10 or 11 percent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate