The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transgender Rights
PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 6:11 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Use this one weird trick to skirt the intention of Title IX for collegiate sports.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:52 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Not sure what to think about this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/blurred-lines-pregnant-man-s-tragedy-tests-gender-notions-n1006466

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 1:18 am 
Site Admin

And I'm not sure what to think about this one.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 2:19 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:

No worries brother, I can help you with that:

Quote:
“Medical training should include exposure to transgender patients” so health workers are better able to meet their needs, Wexler said. “A lot of doctors who are practicing didn’t have that in their training” but can still learn from such patients now.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 2:21 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
And I'm not sure what to think about this one.

Also pretty easy--it's right.

Quote:
Rifkin said Edmo's suffering was so great that she twice tried to cut off her own testicles in her prison cell.

There are currently 30 inmates with gender dysphoria in state custody, according to Winmill's ruling in December. But Winmill and the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said the rulings and analysis involving Edmo were specific to her case.

Last edited by Mickey on Tue August 27, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 2:21 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Hitting fuckin layups in here baby.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 10:37 am 
Future Drummer

also since when is cutting off a sex offenders balls considered a bad thing

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 11:17 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Paying for a sex offender's surgery really tests your liberal cred. I'm sad to say that I fail.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 11:27 am 
Poster of the Year

I think the question is should we provide medically necessary procedures to inmates. And then the next question is should B decide what is medically necessary.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 11:48 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I'm not allowed to have an opinion in the News & Debate thread?

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 6:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:
“Medical training should include exposure to transgender patients” so health workers are better able to meet their needs, Wexler said. “A lot of doctors who are practicing didn’t have that in their training” but can still learn from such patients now.

If someone marks a biological sex on a medical form when they are genetically the other, should the doctor not believe the form?

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 6:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

B wrote:
I'm not allowed to have an opinion in the News & Debate thread?

Good question: nope.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 6:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

If someone marks a biological sex on a medical form when they are genetically the other, should the doctor not believe the form?

Tfw the student has not done the reading but still thinks he has some good ideas.

Quote:
The 32-year-old patient told the nurse he was transgender when he arrived at the emergency room and his electronic medical record listed him as male. He hadn’t had a period in several years and had been taking testosterone, a hormone that has masculinizing effects and can decrease ovulation and menstruation. But he quit taking the hormone and blood pressure medication after he lost insurance.

A home pregnancy test was positive and he said he had “peed himself” — a possible sign of ruptured membranes and labor. A nurse ordered a pregnancy test but considered him stable and his problems non-urgent.

Last edited by Mickey on Tue August 27, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 6:20 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

Tfw the student has not done the reading but still thinks he has some good ideas.

What was your answer to the question?

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 6:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

That it's a bad faith question and should be ignored.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 6:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

Transitioning does not alter the reality of biological differences and that medical treatment options and approaches can vary by sex.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 6:38 pm 
Production Police

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I think the question is should we provide medically necessary procedures to inmates. And then the next question is should B decide what is medically necessary.

Correct response

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 10:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

Transitioning does not alter the reality of biological differences and that medical treatment options and approaches can vary by sex.

Again, students who haven't done the reading don't get to participate in the discussion, but oh my fucking god yes it does.

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 10:12 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

All of them, Mick?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2019 10:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
All of them, Mick?

Yes, all of the students who haven't done the reading are barred from discussion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 126  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate