The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Mon April 25, 2022 7:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

elliseamos wrote:
Anders wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
False flags, all. They'll blame Moldova and move in with the help of Romania.

Romania is in NATO, and are no friends of Russia. They are interested in Moldova though, as it is a primarily Romanian speaking population.

So I'm right?

No, because Romania is in Nato, and no because «with the help of» doesn’t make sense, as they hate each other.

PostPosted: Mon April 25, 2022 8:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Anders wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Anders wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
False flags, all. They'll blame Moldova and move in with the help of Romania.

Romania is in NATO, and are no friends of Russia. They are interested in Moldova though, as it is a primarily Romanian speaking population.

So I'm right?

No, because Romania is in Nato, and no because «with the help of» doesn’t make sense, as they hate each other.

But that's the surprise part of it! Don't you get it?!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 6:21 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

They’re threatening us with nukes

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 6:35 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Quote:
As one senior official puts it: “Please explain to me why Ireland is celebrating a centenary of its independence from the UK, yet, to defend that sovereignty, relies almost entirely on the UK?”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/finnish-officials-highly-sceptical-about-ireland-s-ability-to-defend-its-territory-1.4867585

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:25 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

The Pope is engaging in Putin apologetics.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:04 am 

Russia is surrounded by American/nato bases. Most of them have nukes.
It’s not apologising for Putin to say that.
The pope is trying to calm shit down here. It’s not like he’s gonna lose an election.
Age old question. How would the US react if Canada and Mexico stuck bases anywhere near the border?? Or let the Chinese or Russians do that?

Oh wait they did once and look how that’s going? Country with the best free health service in the world that for some reason the US doesn’t like. Can’t imagine why.

We’re all about to fry. We salute you

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:36 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
Russia is surrounded by American/nato bases. Most of them have nukes.
It’s not apologising for Putin to say that.
The pope is trying to calm shit down here. It’s not like he’s gonna lose an election.
Age old question. How would the US react if Canada and Mexico stuck bases anywhere near the border?? Or let the Chinese or Russians do that?

Oh wait they did once and look how that’s going? Country with the best free health service in the world that for some reason the US doesn’t like. Can’t imagine why.

We’re all about to fry. We salute you

Where was this take of yours two months ago?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:04 pm 
Gone

simple schoolboy wrote:
The Pope is engaging in Putin apologetics.

This guy should stick to jacking off to Instahoes

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

As Pope, the only appropriate position on NATO is that it is illegitimate because it includes Turkey, and Article 5 coverage of Turkey is in conflict with Christendom's obligation to re-take Constantinople.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

That's Istanbul...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:39 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

elliseamos wrote:
That's Istanbul...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I think Matt Taibbi issued something of a mea culpa over the Ukraine thing but Glenn Greenwald really doubling down on this. Jeez

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:47 am 

simple schoolboy wrote:
Quote:
As one senior official puts it: “Please explain to me why Ireland is celebrating a centenary of its independence from the UK, yet, to defend that sovereignty, relies almost entirely on the UK?”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/finnish-officials-highly-sceptical-about-ireland-s-ability-to-defend-its-territory-1.4867585

There is no dependence on defence though. We’re not in NATO for good reasons.
If you want to get into that, Ireland is still occupied by a nato member with unknown amounts of military hardware stored there, and that makes part of this island a legitimate target.
Russian naval forces carried out exercises off the Irish coast at the start of this war. Where was the UK ‘defence’ of us then?

Get over your delusions of empire schoolboy. We neither need or want British forces or notions of noble magnanimity anywhere near us. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:53 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Quote:

There is no dependence on defence though. We’re not in NATO for good reasons.
If you want to get into that, Ireland is still occupied by a nato member with unknown amounts of military hardware stored there, and that makes part of this island a legitimate target.
Russian naval forces carried out exercises off the Irish coast at the start of this war. Where was the UK ‘defence’ of us then?

Get over your delusions of empire schoolboy. We neither need or want British forces or notions of noble magnanimity anywhere near us. Thanks.

Take it up with the Finns my man.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:02 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

If you ask Ukraine, Finland and Sweden, being outside of NATO makes you a more likely target.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:19 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Anders wrote:
If you ask Ukraine, Finland and Sweden, being outside of NATO makes you a more likely target.

Unless you can freeload by dint of proximity.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:09 am 

simple schoolboy wrote:
Anders wrote:

We don’t see it that way. We see it as violation of our territory and airspace.
Something like 72% are against joining nato. A similar number against allowing Shannon to be used by US as a stop off refuelling station. As I’ve said before I do think not being in nato but central to US/EU functions, paints a target on us. Putin could nuke us tomorrow and nato wouldn’t do a damn thing about it. What would be the point?
But why sign up to simply change that to simply being an even more legitimate target? No strategic sense in that for us. No strategic gain for anyone.
‘We defend your airspace therefore your or freeloading’ - we’d rather you didn’t. What are you failing to understand here??
This days of weird British thing where you insist people just roll over and do what you tell them are over. Brits just don’t seem capable of grasping that.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:59 am 

This is bonkers but what many among them actually think and want. Not looking at anyone in company. And you wonder why we don’t want British military or anything to do with us, anywhere near us. Britain was the Russia up until recent history. And remains unwelcome and unwanted in many many places.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Anders wrote:

We don’t see it that way. We see it as violation of our territory and airspace.
Something like 72% are against joining nato. A similar number against allowing Shannon to be used by US as a stop off refuelling station. As I’ve said before I do think not being in nato but central to US/EU functions, paints a target on us. Putin could nuke us tomorrow and nato wouldn’t do a damn thing about it. What would be the point?
But why sign up to simply change that to simply being an even more legitimate target? No strategic sense in that for us. No strategic gain for anyone.
‘We defend your airspace therefore your or freeloading’ - we’d rather you didn’t. What are you failing to understand here??
This days of weird British thing where you insist people just roll over and do what you tell them are over. Brits just don’t seem capable of grasping that.

There are examples of neutral countries (Sweden and Finland for now, the Swiss, etc) that have credible militaries capable of doing more than joining in the rape fest that is UN peacekeeping.

There are also treaty members that are freeloaders (Germany, ahem). Ireland too could be a freeloading treaty member should they choose. Relying on the benevolence of a supposedly hated neighbor without developing a credible military is a uniquely uncomfortable position to be in, if the resentment of the UK is to be believed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate