The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: Russia
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 8:52 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Just so I'm clear (too lazy to read through 4 pages of shit), Burt/bi/simple - are you guys saying that it would have been ok to trade Bout if Whelan was included? Or are you arguing that we shouldn't have released Bout at all? Because these are two very different and separate arguments. Thanks in advance for clarifying.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 9:10 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

SBWM's bandmate wrote:
Just so I'm clear (too lazy to read through 4 pages of shit), Burt/bi/simple - are you guys saying that it would have been ok to trade Bout if Whelan was included? Or are you arguing that we shouldn't have released Bout at all? Because these are two very different and separate arguments. Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Never have been released

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 9:31 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I don't know if a trade for Whelan would be in our best interests (which is the president's sole job), but it's an argument worth having. And those arguments are not, as some fucking moron wandered in earlier saying, just a case of "the pieces of shit are at it again"; they are actual arguments about how the president should best act in our interests.

I think Bout might be a large bargaining chip that we gave away for very little. A chip that possibly could have been used to help more people. Or, as Bi says, it may be better for us to let him rot in jail forever. Again, it's an argument worth having. If that sounds too Machiavellian to some, then those people shouldn't be president, because they can't make the best decisions in a world that doesn't provide perfect solutions to every problem.

And the idea that Biden just had to do something is absurd. He was not forced into making a decision against our interests here. the only thing forcing his hand was popularity.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 9:44 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
I don't know if a trade for Whelan would be in our best interests (which is the president's sole job), but it's an argument worth having. And those arguments are not, as some fucking moron wandered in earlier saying, just a case of "the pieces of shit are at it again"; they are actual arguments about how the president should best act in our interests.

I think Bout might be a large bargaining chip that we gave away for very little. A chip that possibly could have been used to help more people. Or, as Bi says, it may be better for us to let him rot in jail forever. Again, it's an argument worth having. If that sounds too Machiavellian to some, then those people shouldn't be president, because they can't make the best decisions in a world that doesn't provide perfect solutions to every problem.

And the idea that Biden just had to do something is absurd. He was not forced into making a decision against our interests here. the only thing forcing his hand was popularity.

This is where I'm at. I have no confidence that:

1) They aren't lying to us.

2) This was undertaken with due consideration of changing the perceived cost of imprisoning Americans overseas.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 11:26 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Also, Merchant of Death is the most badass nickname you could have. I don't think this has been considered.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2022 2:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

According to Bolton, the Trump admin turned down a Bout for Whelan trade (the right choice). MAGA needs to STFU about "never leave a marine behind" in light of this.

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2022 4:42 pm 
Major Dude

Bi_3 wrote:
According to Bolton, the Trump admin turned down a Bout for Whelan trade (the right choice). MAGA needs to STFU about "never leave a marine behind" in light of this.

Verified by Pence.

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2022 3:32 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:

This is consistent with your view that Bout should not be traded though, yes?

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2022 12:52 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Yup. But with such scant details it's possible-to-likely Trump was just holding out for a different deal or didn't like the political optics of coordinating with Putin.

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2022 12:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Yup. But with such scant details it's possible-to-likely Trump was just holding out for a different deal or didn't like the political optics of coordinating with Putin.

He loves making deals and all. Bolton was one of the stranger picks for his cabinet, why did either of them think they could come to an understanding (invading Iran is good, in this essay I will...)

PostPosted: Mon January 02, 2023 7:41 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2023 5:50 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Russian mobiks I assume have been scraping US 2A/ survivalist websites for ratings on armor plates and other various gear, just to order it and have it confiscated by the authorities.

Americans LARP so that Russians can die in a hole in Ukraine.

Americans can also buy the rations* and some of the other gear that was supposed to be issued** to mobiks so we are living our best lives.

*I am still lousy with US manufactured MREs, but apparently their canned meats if not past expiration are not bad.

**Dudes have been selling Russian Rations with 2022 manufacture dates

PostPosted: Fri February 03, 2023 4:50 pm 

The most Russian thing I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Mon February 13, 2023 8:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Tue February 14, 2023 6:45 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

US state department warns US Citizens to leave Russia for the upteenth time. Can we have an official policy that we won't negotiate your release if you enter the country at this point?

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2023 6:32 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2023 3:52 pm 
Future Drummer

reminds me of this for some reason:

PostPosted: Tue March 21, 2023 2:27 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Putin's a real loser the way he's gotta kiss Xi Jingping's ass

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue March 21, 2023 2:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

also Xi Jingping literally sounds like Jabba the Hut

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun April 02, 2023 7:14 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Executing a Russian military blogger with an exploding statuette seems especially theatrical.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 62  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate