Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The Confederate Flag

Tue July 21, 2015 10:10 pm

B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:Why would anyone want to live in the south?

nice beaches with warm ocean water. And collard greens.

Beautiful mountains, BBQ, sweet potatoes

Damn right

Tue July 21, 2015 10:28 pm

There was once a KKK rally in the town in New Hampshire where my parents had a lake house; it happened because the first black family ever had moved into town. This was...2001? Maybe 2002, but couldn't have been much earlier/later than that.

Tue July 21, 2015 10:28 pm

It was actually 1999: http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive/fe ... 3/KKK.html

Tue July 21, 2015 10:33 pm

It's kinda awesome that the people flying that flag are squashing the whole notion that it was a "southern pride" thing.

I'm afraid of Americans.

Tue July 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Strat wrote:Why would anyone want to live in the south?

That's an offensive statement there bub. The South is a beautiful place, full of good people (take a look at the way Charleston handled the Church massacre), the laid back demeanor, and as mentioned, great food. Oh, and the landscape. The beach, the mountains, the lakes, the swamps, the old country roads, it's great down there. I miss it.

Wed July 22, 2015 12:18 am

BurtReynolds wrote:its too fucking hot.

yankees are pussies.

Wed July 22, 2015 12:24 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed July 22, 2015 12:43 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed July 22, 2015 3:45 am

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:its too fucking hot.

yankees are pussies.

I've seen facebook pictures of you reacting to an inch of snow.

Wed July 22, 2015 3:47 am

Calling people pussies because they don't like hot or cold weather is really dumb

Wed July 22, 2015 3:50 am

Wed July 22, 2015 12:51 pm

B wrote:Graffiti's not really helping the cause. All of these things are on their way to coming down, but when people spray paint a statue of a Confederate soldier, all they do is make people more vehemently defend them and extend the amount of time they spend up in Southern towns.

Ta da! http://www.wral.com/public-monuments-bi ... /14786450/

Wed August 05, 2015 4:56 pm

I really hate when people state "democrats wanted slavery to begin with!"

ugh.

Wed August 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Strat wrote:I really hate when people state "democrats wanted slavery to begin with!"

ugh.

whig party or gtfo

Wed August 05, 2015 6:03 pm

The Whigs and Democrats both had pro- and anti-slavery wings.

Wed August 05, 2015 6:08 pm

bart wrote:The Whigs and Democrats both had pro- and anti-slavery wings.

I just like looking up old party names. There was also the Democrat-Republicans, lol

Wed August 05, 2015 6:42 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bart wrote:The Whigs and Democrats both had pro- and anti-slavery wings.

I just like looking up old party names. There was also the Democrat-Republicans, lol

Know-Nothings or death!

Wed August 12, 2015 5:17 am

For chud: (ostensibly) a quote to a foreigner at the time explaining the civil war: "the act of Massachusetts conquering the rest of the country".

Wed August 12, 2015 5:58 am

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed August 12, 2015 7:48 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Calling people pussies because they don't like hot or cold weather is really dumb

Disagree. I dont care if you like or dislike any specific kind of weather. It's the bitching about it that leads you to be mocked.
Post a reply