The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Our universe is so rad!
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:39 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

No one was mean to you, malice. They just disagreed with your idea. I think that disagreement was voiced politely. I'm sorry dev has you on edge, but most of us do like you and appreciate your presence. let's be chill

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:40 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Also, I saw the TV version of childhoods end, Mary. I liked it

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:41 am 
post-structuralist

The Argonaut wrote:
No one was mean to you, malice. They just disagreed with your idea. I think that disagreement was voiced politely. I'm sorry dev has you on edge, but most of us do like you and appreciate your presence. let's be chill

clearly you know nothing about me

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:42 am 

malice wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Your response to LV and ST reasonably and measuredly countering your idea boggles the mind---so, no I do not know enough about you to understand you.

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:43 am 
post-structuralist

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I figure if even my big brother the cornell university professor liked it, it was definitely a good show

people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:45 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

malice wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I figure if even my big brother the cornell university professor liked it, it was definitely a good show

I loved when they revealed their true looks. Humans can be so superficial

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:45 am 
post-structuralist

The Argonaut wrote:
malice wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Your response to LV and ST reasonably and measuredly countering your idea boggles the mind---so, no I do not know enough about you to understand you.

Think of it as a response to the collective bullshit here, they are welcome to think and post in whatever way they choose, it has little to do with my point. Sorry i quoted lv, it's habit to hit quote instead of reply. I just dont have much fun these days, and am in desperate need of same, doesn't matter

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:47 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Maybe Malice is an alien

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:49 am 

pick your battles, malice. There are plenty of people being rude and cruel all over RM. Focus on them.

NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

On second thought, Argo is more likely to be an alien.

NEVER STOP JAMMING!

never thought shit would fly in this thread

post-structuralist

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
malice wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I loved when they revealed their true looks. Humans can be so superficial

I can't remember if the tv show did this ir not, but in the book, they explained how humans had built an entire mythology around the devil and what he looks like because our collective consciousness held a "future memory " of meeting their species, and how it spelled the end of humanity. Arthur Clarke was cool as hell

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:50 am 
post-structuralist

doug rr wrote:
never thought shit would fly in this thread

I couldn't help myself, gotta be me, d rr

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:51 am 
post-structuralist

theplatypus wrote:
Maybe Malice is an alien

smd, jorge

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:55 am 
post-structuralist

The Argonaut wrote:
pick your battles, malice. There are plenty of people being rude and cruel all over RM. Focus on them.

my point isnt i need people to be cruel and rude to, argo, it's im tired of having to defend everything i post, it's exhausting and not entertaining at all. Yet ive always tried to do just that because i often feel i need to here, and for some stupid reason, actually hope to get some understanding, but it doesn't work because no one cares, and apparently neither do i, so

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:57 am 
post-structuralist

And wheres that t2b f#cker? I think hes insane, just sayin

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:57 am 

malice wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

my point isnt i need people to be cruel and rude to, argo, it's im tired of having to defend everything i post, it's exhausting and not entertaining at all. Yet ive always tried to do just that because i often feel i need to here, and for some stupid reason, actually hope to get some understanding, but it doesn't work because no one cares, and apparently neither do i, so

I believe you that that is your experience, but there are better threads to illustrate your point. No one was offensive to you in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:58 am 
post-structuralist

The Argonaut wrote:
malice wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

I believe you that that is your experience, but there are better threads to illustrate your point. No one was offensive to you in this thread.

Shouldn't i be the judge of what's offensive to me?

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 4:00 am 

malice wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
malice wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Shouldn't i be the judge of what's offensive to me?

Not if you're insane and unreasonable and you don't understand normal human interaction

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 4:19 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

I think it's normal to be scared shitless that if some kind of sentient/intelligent life was discovered. I think if it does happen, it would be on an extremely distant planet - probably many light years away. So far, that scientists would only be able to confirm "signs" of life with scientific methods, but we won't be able to see them closely. Think for a moment, they existed before we found them. Probably for millions of years.

It's also probably going to be the case, that unless the other life forms have discovered light speed travel, then there's no chance of meeting or communicating with them.

Then the fear will fade. Then generations will pass, and younger generations will grown up with this other planet (and knowledge of some kind of aliens) exists.

Generations will come and go here, as well as on the other planet. Scientists will monitor the planet and look for changes, and if nothing happens - people will grown bored of the idea.

The fear will finally be gone. That's when they'll strike, and obliterate us all. It'll be quick. Blink, and you'll miss it. Human life gone in a space fart.

Fuck, now I'm depressed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 60  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate