The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Islam and the West
PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 1:38 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

ISIS just claimed responsibility for the Charlie Hebdo attack and announced more attacks. "US & UK are on the list for tomorrow"

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 1:41 pm 
Posting (live)

:|

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 1:49 pm 

I'd hope they're just piggybacking but French authorities confirmed a link with them and these terrorists in Paris earlier today.

Images of the man and woman holding the supermarket have been released. Both were on police terror watch lists and had previously Been arrested for trying to organise attacks preciously.

The trend president also said that several attacks had been foiled over the last few years and kept confidential in order to maintain order and not encourage further attacks by giving credence and attention to them

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 1:52 pm 

British intelligence saying they are aware of plans for a mass casualty attack they just don't know where.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:00 pm 
Posting (live)

dimejinky99 wrote:
British intelligence saying they are aware of plans for a mass casualty attack they just don't know where.

Crowds on a Saturday could be a match. This shit is out of hand.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:02 pm 

Melbourne Airport evacuated due to 'incident' - Police confirmed to ABC some sort of operation at Melbourne Airport.

That's gotta be unrelated

Melbourne Airport officials say passengers have been evacuated after a threat was made against a TigerAir flight with impacts across the Asian regional carrier's flights.

The incident happened at around 9.00pm and saw people evacuated from the TigerAir terminal and several planes grounded.

No other terminals were affected.

While officials would not confirm the nature of the incident passengers tweeted from the Tullamarine tarmac saying they had been warned about a possible bomb threat.

Passenger Scott Marquardt tweeted he was on "TigerAir flight 539".

"Announcement of POSSIBLE bomb threat at Melbourne airport made by flight crew," he wrote. "So my plane is sitting on the Tarmac."

Passenger Corey Ginnivan tweeted he was also stuck on the runway due to a federal police action but was waiting to be evacuated on bus.

"Currently stuck in the plane on the Tarmac because there's been an "incident" and federal police are involved...," he wrote. "Just found out that Melbourne airport has been evacuated =\ and here we are just chilling on the tarmac."

"Now pulled up at a different terminal waiting for buses to come grab us."

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/0 ... kTriLFd.99

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Fri January 09, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:03 pm 

LetMeSleep wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Could be. But if we change how we live n say ok not going to the game cos of that. We let them win.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:08 pm 
Posting (live)

dimejinky99 wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Could be. But if we change how we live n say ok not going to the game cos of that. We let them win.

oh yeah, for sure.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:10 pm 

The Uks main militant lunatic Muslim said on Irish tv last nights at we are a legitimate target too for allowing US military aircraft refuel at Shannon.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... -1.2060258

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:12 pm 

Now a third incident emerging

Trocadero centre being evacuated

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:28 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:36 pm 
The Master

Also, remember this great onion article a few years back?

WASHINGTON—Following the publication of the image above, in which the most cherished figures from multiple religious faiths were depicted engaging in a lascivious sex act of considerable depravity, no one was murdered, beaten, or had their lives threatened, sources reported Thursday. The image of the Hebrew prophet Moses high-fiving Jesus Christ as both are having their erect penises vigorously masturbated by Ganesha, all while the Hindu deity anally penetrates Buddha with his fist, reportedly went online at 6:45 p.m. EDT, after which not a single bomb threat was made against the organization responsible, nor did the person who created the cartoon go home fearing for his life in any way. Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:48 pm 

And the Islamist reaction to that was 'pussies. they didnt fight cos Allah is the only god!'

probably.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Strat wrote:

By the way, by most accounts, his numbers are correct. I always kind of roll my eyes when people say "let's not blame Islam for the actions of a few". 100 to 200 million extremist is hardly "a few".

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 2:55 pm 

It'd be impossible to get a real read on numbers of those who are actually militant. it's not like they tick the relevant box on a survey or census. Its just safer for the NSA and other intelligence orginisations to prepare and work to large numbers as potential threats.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 3:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
It'd be impossible to get a real read on numbers of those who are actually militant. it's not like they tick the relevant box on a survey or census. Its just safer for the NSA and other intelligence orginisations to prepare and work to large numbers as potential threats.

True. But, simple math would kinda indicate that number if you look at specific populations. I think it's safe to say that Islamic populations in the mid-east probably have a high percentage of extremism. Iran has a population of about 80M. Let's say 25% (which is probably a low number) have extremist views, that's about 20 million in one country alone.

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 3:15 pm 

Extremist views isnt going to western country and attacking it, but i take your point.

This. Best ive seen all day

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 3:59 pm 

looks like theyve raided that warehouse!! massive amounts of gunfire!!

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 4:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

turned2black wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

True. But, simple math would kinda indicate that number if you look at specific populations. I think it's safe to say that Islamic populations in the mid-east probably have a high percentage of extremism. Iran has a population of about 80M. Let's say 25% (which is probably a low number) have extremist views, that's about 20 million in one country alone.

Are...you...serious? If you are, then just...just...:shake: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri January 09, 2015 4:21 pm 

Well theyre following the US gun ownership figures..250+ million people, 70% own guns and 90% of that 70% are anti government, or at least anti-Obama.

snide joke was implied.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate