Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Election 2016

Wed August 01, 2018 4:01 pm

HRC

Wed August 01, 2018 4:18 pm

why the shift now towards Bernie?

Wed August 01, 2018 8:37 pm

run2death wrote:I'm finally ready to admit that I should have voted for Bernie.

let us in, run2death, so that we may graze at last on the lower slopes of your chagrin

Thu August 02, 2018 12:54 am

O’Conner is down by just one point in Ohio. :shock:

As recently as two weeks ago, he was trailing by 10. This had long been a seat Republicans counted on winning, and planned on touting to other constituencies as proof that they can still win, if they show up.

Thu August 02, 2018 1:47 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Self wrote:I think Trump has a trial date of 12/16 for rape of a 13 year old. Might be bogus, but still a bad look?

Guys, if you want me to make this clear, I think Trump is a horrifying disaster of a person and thoroughly unfit for the Presidency and, for all her faults, Clinton is, by an immeasurable amount, the better and more qualified candidate and who I would vote for if I had to make that choice.

This is my worst, most embarrassing post on RM. Yes, even worse than the Backspacer one.

To my discredit, I think I got caught up in the pre-election hysteria as much as anyone else.

wait. what? So you .....? Would vote for trump? Hillary is not qualified? Turmp is not a horrifying disaster or a person?

Look, I don't know, and it's kind of a moot point anyway, but it was lunacy of me to be so complimentary to Clinton.

The hysterical reactions to Trump's victory have really brought home how foolish I was, I guess.

Trump is hardly my ideal President, I don't think such a thing exists, but he was arguably the better of the two choices on offer.

As I said, it reflects poorly on me that I only say this with the benefit of hindsight.

Thu August 02, 2018 2:54 pm

boy if rereading posts from the week prior to the election doesn't encourage some of the more notable N&D presences to introduce a bit of intellectual humility into their worldview i'm not sure anything will

Thu August 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Green Habit wrote:(Kind) of late on the whole 538 dustup, but I think it's a whole lot of arguing over nothing. 538's still always predicted a Clinton win, and odds percentages really mean jack shit in the end when the end result is a binary of either Clinton or Trump winning. Whether Clinton wins narrowly or broadly doesn't prove or disprove the odds 538 or any other of the aggregators out there.

woooof, dude

Thu August 02, 2018 5:48 pm

--- wrote:boy if rereading posts from the week prior to the election doesn't encourage some of the more notable N&D presences to introduce a bit of intellectual humility into their worldview i'm not sure anything will

You should probably comb through your recent posts too, just to be sure.

Thu August 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Rob wrote:
--- wrote:boy if rereading posts from the week prior to the election doesn't encourage some of the more notable N&D presences to introduce a bit of intellectual humility into their worldview i'm not sure anything will

You should probably comb through your recent posts too, just to be sure.

stay tuned to N&D for developments pertaining thereto

Mon August 06, 2018 2:48 am

:shock:

Mon August 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Is this election over yet? I'm getting fatigue from the coverage.

Wed November 07, 2018 2:20 am

Precious memories

Mon March 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Hillary Clinton blames gutting of Voting Rights Act for her 2016 loss

Uh...Hillary, bash Shelby County v. Holder all you want, but please tell me which of these red states you would have flipped to win if SCOTUS hadn't struck down Section 4.

If anyone should be pissed at this it should be Beto O'Rourke, he would actually have a legitimate case that Shelby County v. Holder may have cost him a Senate seat.

Tue March 05, 2019 9:51 pm

You should be pissed because striking down the Voting Rights Act is morally reprehensible, not because of any tactical advantage or disadvantage.

Tue March 05, 2019 9:51 pm

Green Habit wrote:If anyone should be pissed at this it should be Beto O'Rourke, he would actually have a legitimate case that Shelby County v. Holder may have cost him a Senate seat.

Hey, it's me, Stacey Abrams--I am also upset.

Wed March 06, 2019 12:04 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:You should be pissed because striking down the Voting Rights Act is morally reprehensible, not because of any tactical advantage or disadvantage.

+1

Wed March 06, 2019 12:35 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:You should be pissed because striking down the Voting Rights Act is morally reprehensible, not because of any tactical advantage or disadvantage.
Congress still can, and very much should, pass a bill that forces all 50 states and their municipalities to preclear with the DOJ. That should be a high priority for the Democrats when they get the power to do so next.

Wed March 06, 2019 12:36 am

Simple Torture wrote:
Green Habit wrote:If anyone should be pissed at this it should be Beto O'Rourke, he would actually have a legitimate case that Shelby County v. Holder may have cost him a Senate seat.
Hey, it's me, Stacey Abrams--I am also upset.
As she should be!

Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 pm

No shit

https://www.studyfinds.org/many-democrats-exaggerated-mental-distress-after-2016-election/

Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Bi_3 wrote:No shit

https://www.studyfinds.org/many-democrats-exaggerated-mental-distress-after-2016-election/

If I was pressed to defend why I have a harder time identifying with liberals and the democratic party since Trump took office, this sort of thing is probably what I would cite. "The sky is falling"-type democrats have made me question a lot of what they actually care about.
Post a reply