The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2016
PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 11:00 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

He was probably in a spirit cooking stupor.

PostPosted: Thu December 15, 2016 2:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

House Intel Committee chairman Devin Nunes implied the CIA's opinion is now different than what was report last week. Interesting.

PostPosted: Thu December 15, 2016 8:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Interesting.....

PostPosted: Thu December 15, 2016 9:10 pm 
Rank This Poster

Isn't the question of Russia's motivation the easiest part of this to believe? Trump, et al, are acting like the shocking part is that the motivation behind the leaking was to help Trump and hurt Clinton. I don't know how anyone paying any semblance of attention to what was leaked and when could come to any other conclusion. There are other parts of the story far more outlandish than that.

PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2017 11:42 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Boo fucking hoo

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 8:10 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

https://medium.com/@lessig/what-democra ... .3e6z2ewsb

Quote:
Asked whether government ‘is run for the benefit of all the people’ or is ‘pretty much run by a few big interests looking out for themselves’ in the 1960s only a minority said that it was run by big interests. In recent years this number has risen to eight-in-ten. In the current study this leapt to an unprecedented 92 percent. Among angry Trump supporters, 99 percent said the government is run for big interests, rather than the people.

If VOP is right—and after a decade on the road talking about this issue, their survey certainly confirms my own impression about the attitudes of the Americans I’ve spoken to—then what “the media” was talking about was precisely what Americans were caring about. And if that’s true, then what’s striking—indeed, malpractice-level-striking—about the Clinton campaign was its studied refusal to engaged about an issue so central to Americans. Her platform was fine — indeed, as I had commented, great—on the issue. But America had no clue about the platform, because Clinton had left the field to Donald Trump. He in turn picked up the ball (“drain the swamp”) and ran. And thus, while, as the New York Times reported, Clinton dominated Trump on every policy-wonk dimension, Trump dominated Clinton on the one dimension that was actually linked to this “unprecedented” public anger — the likelihood of being an agent of change.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2017 8:25 pm 
Polluted

Interesting.

https://antidotezine.com/2017/01/22/trump-knows-you/

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2017 10:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Self wrote:

Why do you think Eric Schmidt was such good buddies with Obama?

PostPosted: Sun January 29, 2017 7:39 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I've been reading George Packer's 2013 book "The Unwinding", because it was on a lot of post-election lists of "Books You Should Read To Help You Understand How the Hell Trump Just Got Elected". Packer writes about Peter Thiel a whole bunch, and there is a section about Thiel's vision of America in the book that is basically Trump's campaign. In 2011, Romney comes to visit Thiel looking for supporters for his campaign, and Thiel tells him that the most pessimistic candidate will win, because America is declining and optimism seems out of touch with how people actually feel about the country. Thiel saw a fatal complacency among elites, and that they were out of answers and out of touch. Packer describes it like this:

Quote:
Theil's argument ran into resistance across the political spectrum....Both Obama and Romney ended up in the wrong place: the former thought American exceptionalism was no longer true and should be given up, while the latter thought it was still true. Neither was willing to tell Americans that they were no longer exceptional but should try to be again.

That's #MAGA right there.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 6:58 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Anyone watching the Sanders/Cruz debate tonight?

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 8:27 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Ooh. Thanks for the reminder.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2017 10:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Sanders is a clown, but he would dominate Cruz or almost any other "leader" of the red team.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2017 2:36 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Bi_3 wrote:
Sanders is a clown, but he would dominate Cruz or almost any other "leader" of the red team.

I dunno, Cruz is coming across as a lot more prepared and forceful right now

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2017 5:52 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Warren getting shut down by Senate rules... Were these rules by any chance intended to prevent caning?

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 11:11 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Y'know, Trump supporters say that liberals were surprised by Trump's win because we ignored how much pain middle America was in. It's not like I didn't know how bad some people had it. It's not that I don't feel for them.

It's that I never believed they were stupid enough to believe that this idiotic, self-centered, lying billionaire who built his career or screwing everyone he thought wasn't as good as he was gave a shit about them.

*sigh*

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 11:31 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
Y'know, Trump supporters say that liberals were surprised by Trump's win because we ignored how much pain middle America was in. It's not like I didn't know how bad some people had it. It's not that I don't feel for them.

I don't feel bad for them when they respond to extreme poverty by voting for the guy who is going to take everything they have left. I don't feel bad at all. Stupid is as stupid does.

I also don't feel bad for people who are over-privleged and then whine like babies that they are victims of the under-prilveged. I won't even entertain the thought of listening to their nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 11:47 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Hopefully this will tie up his attention for a long time.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2017 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

BurtReynolds wrote:
Hopefully this will tie up his attention for a long time.
Bah, wrong thread. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri February 10, 2017 12:21 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
B wrote:

I don't feel bad for them when they respond to extreme poverty by voting for the guy who is going to take everything they have left. I don't feel bad at all. Stupid is as stupid does.

I also don't feel bad for people who are over-privleged and then whine like babies that they are victims of the under-prilveged. I won't even entertain the thought of listening to their nonsense.

Well, I feel less bad for them post election than I did pre election.

PostPosted: Fri February 10, 2017 3:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

B wrote:

It's that I never believed they were stupid enough to believe that this idiotic, self-centered, lying billionaire who built his career or screwing everyone he thought wasn't as good as he was gave a shit about them.

*sigh*

You mean like all those Cali farmers who are now worried that their illegal employees will go bye-bye? And I will bet money there ain't gonna be a single person look at all those jobs opening up and say to themselves, "Finally! Back-breaking labor in the hot sun!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate