The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Cosby's Pudding Pop & Other Sexual Assault Stuff
PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 2:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Wade´s action in the past sure make his story now look weird. But still, it could have happened.

Worst part of the doc wasnt that, it was Michael action´s, notes, calls, obsession with two kids. So creepy and weird.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 2:16 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

There were?
I don’t remember either getting any support particularly from their colleagues/ celebrity sphere. But I wasn’t following those either.

I do find it odd Cosby went to trial and was caught bang to rights and was locked up and nobody doubts his guilt. Spacey is about to be too.
How many times does Michael Jackson have to be tried and found innocent and yet there’s people still don’t accept that verdict.

Robson is already crowdfunding to bring a court case. (But it’s not about the money. Eyeroll implied ).

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 2:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/04/arts/television/oprah-michael-jackson-documentary.html

Oprah did a special on it.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 2:19 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
Wade´s action in the past sure make his story now look weird. But still, it could have happened.

Worst part of the doc wasnt that, it was Michael action´s, notes, calls, obsession with two kids. So creepy and weird.

Maybe he did that with all his kid friends. His way of letting them know he hadn't forgotten them. We don't know.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 2:19 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:

A quick look on twitter you’ll see tons of pics of notes he sent fans of all ages and he’d call people all the time.
They’ve taken that and skewed it to look like it was just these two.

Would you call it a balanced documentary the part you’ve watched so far? They’re neither of them challenged even once. Their actions after of defending him exonerating him in court and singing his praises to all weren’t even asked about.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 2:26 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

doone wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Maybe he did that with all his kid friends. His way of letting them know he hadn't forgotten them. We don't know.

Its about the content of the letters. Its really fucked up.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 2:53 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
doone wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

What’s in them? Are they shown or transcribed in the film?

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 3:00 pm 

On that, this was stuff he did all the time. With everyone. Up to and including Princess Diana at one stage.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 3:03 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

dimejinky99 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
doone wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Yeah, they are shown. Stuff like ¨tell little one i love him¨, ¨can i have little one today¨Really weird True detective season 4 stuff.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 3:17 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
doone wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Yeah, they are shown. Stuff like ¨tell little one i love him¨, ¨can i have little one today¨Really weird True detective season 4 stuff.

It’s being shown here tonight and tomorrow night in two parts and it has been edited down to
3 hours apparently.
Ill try watch it.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 3:19 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I dont think it will change your mind at all. Bur regardless of the sex abuse, it tells a story about a really powerful man catching these two families and just doing some strange creepy shit.
The moms really get star struck with him allowing all crazy shit things to happen.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2019 3:34 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
I dont think it will change your mind at all. Bur regardless of the sex abuse, it tells a story about a really powerful man catching these two families and just doing some strange creepy shit.
The moms really get star struck with him allowing all crazy shit things to happen.

Just reading about her. Giggling and laughing while telling about her sons alleged abuse.
She doesn’t come across well. It seems they were all quiet bitter he cut them off and No longer bankrolled their lifestyles(he bought them a house?!?)
If that’s true she’s not just complicit she was pimping her kid.
And we’re to believe her now too?

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:15 am 

Wow. Just press play.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

I think I've effectively reached a "don't care" moment with this.

Michael Jackson is dead. He will either never be brought fully to justice for whatever he did, or he will never feel defamed for whatever he didn't do. People should be free to speak of his legacy however they wish, good or bad. I will continue to separate the art from the artist and appreciate his good music. If that benefits his estate, I don't care, because his estate didn't do whatever Jackson himself did. (Ideally, his estate shouldn't be allowed to rent seek from his work, but that's a topic for a different day.)

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 3:05 pm 

By that same logic people like Robson shouldn’t be allowed sue his estate as he’s dead.
But he’s tried and failed to once and is lining up to try it again.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 3:19 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I havent seen part 2 but again, i think the abuse part from this story is just a part. Here we have a grown men befriended 7 years old kids..male kids. Trying to get them for like a year, promising stuff, saying that god puts them together, sending notes and calling every day. Not healthy at all.

Do i believe these two guys? Not sure. Does it matter? not really, because i think he abused them in so many other ways too.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 3:26 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
I havent seen part 2 but again, i think the abuse part from this story is just a part. Here we have a grown men befriended 7 years old kids..male kids. Trying to get them for like a year, promising stuff, saying that god puts them together, sending notes and calling every day. Not healthy at all.

Do i believe these two guys? Not sure. Does it matter? not really, because i think he abused them in so many other ways too.

Sealed within this bubble and within the distorted totally slanted lens this doco presents, that could be seen as alarming. That’s what it aims to do.
Step back and look at the whole thing it’s not strange behaviour from him at all, for example he was always buying Liz Taylor expensive jewellery n paintings n stuff. And all that ‘I love you’ stuff on notes faxes etc. And she’s just one example

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 3:30 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

There is a difference between Liz Taylor and seven year old kids Dime. Specially if they are your fans.
Its abusive behavior.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 3:34 pm 
Rank This Poster

MJ apologists need to stop it. This "he was just a weirdo and lived in his own bubble" excuse is stupid.

Common decency says you don't act and do the things he did with young kids.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 3:55 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
There is a difference between Liz Taylor and seven year old kids Dime. Specially if they are your fans.
Its abusive behavior.

You and I can make that distinction for sure. It’s obvious. I’m not sure he was able to.

*especially given his messiah / victim complex he seemed to have. Something I never understood about him either. How those two things could be in the same personality

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 96  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate