The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370
PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 10:53 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Could this just be a massive stunt by David Blaine? He's just going to appear next week, and pull the plane out of his ass?

PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 10:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Could this just be a massive stunt by David Blaine? He's just going to appear next week, and pull the plane out of his ass?

Wrong David....

PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 10:57 pm 
Rank This Poster

what about the cellphones still ringing?

PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 10:58 pm 
post-structuralist

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 10:59 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

psychobain wrote:
what about the cellphones still ringing?

Apparently that wasn't confirmed as yet. May have been a hoax.

PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 11:07 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

malice wrote:

Is it just me, or does this political 'link' seem like they're clutching at straws?

PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 11:46 pm 
Rank This Poster

what a mess

what if they landed and the plane is going to be used on a massive terrorist attack?

PostPosted: Sun March 16, 2014 11:49 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 12:10 am 
what on earth am I talking about

So apple and phone companies can track us everywhere we go.
But an entire plane can just disappear.

This is such a weird story.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 12:13 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
So apple and phone companies can track us everywhere we go.
But an entire plane can just disappear.

This is such a weird story.

That may prove the stories about phones allegedly dialling out. If that were the case, surely someone could use the 'find my phone' service, or the telcos could've tracked them by now.

That just leaves the option that A) the plane has crashed and all phones are destroyed, or B) the hijacker has switched off/destroyed all of the mobile phones to prevent tracking.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 12:16 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
psychobain wrote:
what a mess

what if they landed and the plane is going to be used on a massive terrorist attack?

its just crazy enough to work!

Maybe he wanted the plan, and not the passengers. Perhaps he's landed, dropped the passengers off somewhere (under guard/locked up or something) and is preparing the plane for an attack?

Actually, a thought just occurred to me.. Are these planes capable of flying into the depths of space? Or will the simply break up/compress? Could it be floating in orbit (all dead on board of course)?

Maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 12:27 am 

That first episode of Fringe springs to mind. Could have been snatched right out of the sky.
Another theory says the Chinese or North Koreans shot it down.
To what end I dunno.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 12:32 am 

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
psychobain wrote:
what a mess

Maybe he wanted the plan, and not the passengers. Perhaps he's landed, dropped the passengers off somewhere (under guard/locked up or something) and is preparing the plane for an attack?

Actually, a thought just occurred to me.. Are these planes capable of flying into the depths of space? Or will the simply break up/compress? Could it be floating in orbit (all dead on board of course)?

Think that has something to do with the air getting thinner the higher you go and the lack of air stopping the combustion with the fuel. And you have to be going a few thousand miles an hour. I think.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 1:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
psychobain wrote:
what a mess

Between having the entire world looking for it and dealing with the insane degrees of upkeep and secrecy involved in having a stolen plane, I'd have to think that it makes more sense to steal a big commuter jet because you want the people than because you want the plane. Human beings are pretty good, as far as commodities go. High value, not a lot of market fluctuation.

But at the same time, I'm sure they were counting on people just shrugging their shoulders and assuming it crashed, so...

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 2:50 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Malaysia’s civil aviation chief has explained that the plane may even have been already grounded when some satellite signals were sent long after it vanished from radar screens, while there are now also unconfirmed reports of suitcases being spotted floating in the Malacca Strait.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 6856429922

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 3:16 am 
post-structuralist

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 3:24 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Quote:
Malaysia’s civil aviation chief has explained that the plane may even have been already grounded when some satellite signals were sent long after it vanished from radar screens, while there are now also unconfirmed reports of suitcases being spotted floating in the Malacca Strait.

is it possible the two guys from iran with the fake passports took the plane to iran?

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 12:29 pm 
The Master

WtOB? wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Quote:

is it possible the two guys from iran with the fake passports took the plane to iran?

that's what that northern flight corridor has me thinking too, though iran is at the very outer edge of possible distance the plane could've traveled. risky.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 12:36 pm 
The Master

however...

Quote:
The latest data and calculations provided by Malaysian officials show an arc of places the aircraft could have traveled. Because the northern reaches of the arc include some tightly guarded airspace over India, Pakistan and U.S. installations in Afghanistan, U.S. authorities believe it more likely the aircraft crashed south of India into waters outside the reach of radar, one U.S. official said.

Had it flown farther north, it would likely have been detected by radar, the official said.

PostPosted: Mon March 17, 2014 6:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

The thing is, if it was hijacked and landed, someone would have made some demands by now, right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate