Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Cops Are The Worst

Wed April 21, 2021 5:18 pm

Besides the fact that it wasn't a knife "fight", is this a pro or anti police tweet?

Wed April 21, 2021 5:43 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Besides the fact that it wasn't a knife "fight", is this a pro or anti police tweet?

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Wed April 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Blueanon is on the case!!

Wed April 21, 2021 7:04 pm

never take a gun to a knife fight

Wed April 21, 2021 11:32 pm

King weighs in:

Wed April 21, 2021 11:34 pm

Who is that

Wed April 21, 2021 11:36 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Who is that

Lebron James.

Wed April 21, 2021 11:38 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Who is that

Lebron James.

He looks taller on TV.

Wed April 21, 2021 11:41 pm

No who is the white boy you jerks

Wed April 21, 2021 11:42 pm

You're probably thinking of John Stockton.

Thu April 22, 2021 12:52 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:No who is the white boy you jerks

A public servant who recently saved multiple children from a violent attacker with a deadly weapon.

Thu April 22, 2021 12:54 am

white boy summer

Thu April 22, 2021 1:27 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:white boy summer

cancelled

Thu April 22, 2021 2:06 am

Bammer wrote:

A public servant who recently saved multiple children from a violent attacker with a deadly weapon.

Lebron has spoken.

Thu April 22, 2021 2:48 am

verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Lebron has spoken.

Since deleted. I guess we all need practice with taking time to see clear videos.

Thu April 22, 2021 3:30 am

Bi_3 wrote:I wonder if the omnipresence of bodycams is actually going to have a net negative effect on activist claims. Here's one from two weeks ago where de-escalation is clearly attempted, cop waits for reinforcements, innocents are moved from the scene, officers lead with a taser, the 'victim' is repeatedly told to drop it, charges the cop anyway, and manages to take an entire clip before he is brought down. For every tragic mistake (like Wright) there are literally hundreds of clean shoots like this and the more people see these the more the narrative cliches fall apart.

VERY NSFW:

I started to feel a little nauseous when I thought that one cop had been killed.

Thu April 22, 2021 3:31 am

elliseamos wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Lebron has spoken.

Since deleted. I guess we all need practice with taking time to see clear videos.

We all?

Each of these incidents can stand on their own.

Some cops are truly horrible people. Catch that on video, great, lock ‘em up. It’s unacceptable.

Catch a video of a cop shooting a truly dangerous person actively committing violent crime with a deadly weapon endangering other people’s lives? Go blue team. (I do still kinda wonder why they don’t aim for kneecaps)

Thu April 22, 2021 11:44 am

Bammer wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Lebron has spoken.

We all?

Each of these incidents can stand on their own.

Some cops are truly horrible people. Catch that on video, great, lock ‘em up. It’s unacceptable.

Catch a video of a cop shooting a truly dangerous person actively committing violent crime with a deadly weapon endangering other people’s lives? Go blue team. (I do still kinda wonder why they don’t aim for kneecaps)

Shooting someone in the kneecaps is a lot harder than shooting them in the torso. You're a lot more likely to miss.

Thu April 22, 2021 12:15 pm

Yikes. Bammer, it was a slight joke based on my original post about this incident having watched a poor quality video and not been aware of the knife and how LeBron may have been guilty of the same thing.

In other news: Maine leads the way!
https://theintercept.com/2021/04/21/mai ... veillance/

Thu April 22, 2021 12:19 pm

elliseamos wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Lebron has spoken.

It's almost like people have some kind of... I don't know... unconscious bias? The wonderful Julia Galef proposes this:

It's really core to the smooth-brain lifestyle.
Post a reply