Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Cops Are The Worst
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3441
Page 197 of 209

Author:  B [ Thu July 23, 2020 1:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

Image

Author:  elliseamos [ Thu July 23, 2020 1:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

96583UP wrote:
why are we still discussing this? i thought we already resolved this yesterday

Portland is a:

1) terrible place to live
2) flaming shithole
3) for crybabies
4) and perverts

case closed

The one time I went there, Washington Park was really nice.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Thu July 23, 2020 1:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

99% of everywhere is boring neoliberal nothingness, including Portland, which makes everything in this subforum inconsequential. But relative to the other inane shit we discuss here, Portland rioters are as meaningful as the rest.

Author:  blueviper [ Thu July 23, 2020 3:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

This week the police dept I work at is getting new in-car cameras and now all officers will have body cams. So now I have to support 17 total in cars cams and 40+ body cams. (I’m in IT)


Thanks protestors!

(Just kidding. This upgrade has been planned since last year. These can do a lot more than our old stuff)

Author:  elliseamos [ Thu July 23, 2020 1:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

blueviper wrote:
This week the police dept I work at is getting new in-car cameras and now all officers will have body cams. So now I have to support 17 total in cars cams and 40+ body cams. (I’m in IT)


Thanks protestors!

(Just kidding. This upgrade has been planned since last year. These can do a lot more than our old stuff)

Job security. Pun intended.

Author:  Bi_3 [ Thu July 23, 2020 1:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

elliseamos wrote:
blueviper wrote:
This week the police dept I work at is getting new in-car cameras and now all officers will have body cams. So now I have to support 17 total in cars cams and 40+ body cams. (I’m in IT)


Thanks protestors!

(Just kidding. This upgrade has been planned since last year. These can do a lot more than our old stuff)

Job security. Pun intended.


All the blood is really going to pop off the screen in HDR. CAN'T WAIT

Author:  B [ Thu July 23, 2020 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upsh ... crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image

Author:  verb_to_trust [ Thu July 23, 2020 3:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

So cops only respond to violent crimes and the rest is handled by social workers or whatever you would choose to label them? Guess you need to hire a bunch more staff then?

Author:  Bi_3 [ Thu July 23, 2020 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

B wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upshot/unrest-police-time-violent-crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image


Maybe post the context the article provides immediately after that graphic?

Author:  B [ Thu July 23, 2020 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upshot/unrest-police-time-violent-crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image


Maybe post the context the article provides immediately after that graphic?


I posted the link. Is your Ctrl button broken?

Quote:
Calls for service do not include time spent investigating after an incident; training sessions; administrative duties; and off-duty employment. As such, they are not a perfect encapsulation of how police officers spend all their time, but they do provide a good representation of how police departments interact with the public.

Author:  Bi_3 [ Thu July 23, 2020 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upshot/unrest-police-time-violent-crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image


Maybe post the context the article provides immediately after that graphic?


I posted the link. Is your Ctrl button broken?

Quote:
Calls for service do not include time spent investigating after an incident; training sessions; administrative duties; and off-duty employment. As such, they are not a perfect encapsulation of how police officers spend all their time, but they do provide a good representation of how police departments interact with the public.



I was just suggesting that maybe posting something that says what those are percentages of would help people decide if it's worth clicking.

Author:  McParadigm [ Thu July 23, 2020 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

Speaking for myself, I had no idea that cops sometimes spend their time doing administrative work and have no inference skills of my own. Thank you for your service.

Author:  B [ Mon July 27, 2020 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

Derek Chauvin, who murdered a man for allegedly using a counterfeit $20 bill, appears to have been stealing thousands of dollars from the United States.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... ax-evasion

Author:  verb_to_trust [ Mon July 27, 2020 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

At least they have a charge that might stick if he gets acquitted for killing Floyd.

Author:  McParadigm [ Tue July 28, 2020 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

PHATJ wrote:
I watched this guy on the live feed last night. I watched him smash out the windows and start the fires at AutoZone. I watched a guy follow him through the parking lot and get threatened with the hammer as he approached. The camera man didn’t follow the umbrella dude out of the parking lot. I didn’t see him on the live feed again after that.

Image


Author:  elliseamos [ Tue July 28, 2020 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

McParadigm wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
I watched this guy on the live feed last night. I watched him smash out the windows and start the fires at AutoZone. I watched a guy follow him through the parking lot and get threatened with the hammer as he approached. The camera man didn’t follow the umbrella dude out of the parking lot. I didn’t see him on the live feed again after that.

Image


Good job, cops! Oh wait...

Author:  96583UP [ Wed July 29, 2020 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

if one guy smashing windows at autozone counts as the 'worst post-floyd violence in Minnesota' then MN should be pretty happy about where they stand at this point compared to a couple months ago

Author:  Bi_3 [ Wed July 29, 2020 11:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

He must have stole that shit from Mary Poppins

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Wed July 29, 2020 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

96583UP wrote:
if one guy smashing windows at autozone counts as the 'worst post-floyd violence in Minnesota' then MN should be pretty happy about where they stand at this point compared to a couple months ago


Not quite.

Dead body found in a burned out pawn shop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox9.c ... -riots.amp

It's hilarious that they think he instigated all or even any of the violence. It's as if they think no one was watching it unfold live. You'd have to be utterly brain dead to buy this shit.

Author:  Bi_3 [ Wed July 29, 2020 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cops Are The Worst

BurtReynolds wrote:
96583UP wrote:
if one guy smashing windows at autozone counts as the 'worst post-floyd violence in Minnesota' then MN should be pretty happy about where they stand at this point compared to a couple months ago


Not quite.

Dead body found in a burned out pawn shop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox9.c ... -riots.amp

It's hilarious that they think he instigated all or even any of the violence. It's as if they think no one was watching it unfold live. You'd have to be utterly brain dead to buy this shit.


Well, in most cases brain death is brought on by a progressive disease.

Page 197 of 209 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/