The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3970 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14290
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Image

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
96583UP wrote:
why are we still discussing this? i thought we already resolved this yesterday

Portland is a:

1) terrible place to live
2) flaming shithole
3) for crybabies
4) and perverts

case closed

The one time I went there, Washington Park was really nice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
99% of everywhere is boring neoliberal nothingness, including Portland, which makes everything in this subforum inconsequential. But relative to the other inane shit we discuss here, Portland rioters are as meaningful as the rest.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:03 pm
Posts: 1373
This week the police dept I work at is getting new in-car cameras and now all officers will have body cams. So now I have to support 17 total in cars cams and 40+ body cams. (I’m in IT)


Thanks protestors!

(Just kidding. This upgrade has been planned since last year. These can do a lot more than our old stuff)

_________________
2010 St. Louis
2004 St. Louis
2003 St. Louis
2000 St. Louis
1998 St. Louis


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
blueviper wrote:
This week the police dept I work at is getting new in-car cameras and now all officers will have body cams. So now I have to support 17 total in cars cams and 40+ body cams. (I’m in IT)


Thanks protestors!

(Just kidding. This upgrade has been planned since last year. These can do a lot more than our old stuff)

Job security. Pun intended.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:12 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
elliseamos wrote:
blueviper wrote:
This week the police dept I work at is getting new in-car cameras and now all officers will have body cams. So now I have to support 17 total in cars cams and 40+ body cams. (I’m in IT)


Thanks protestors!

(Just kidding. This upgrade has been planned since last year. These can do a lot more than our old stuff)

Job security. Pun intended.


All the blood is really going to pop off the screen in HDR. CAN'T WAIT

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14290
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upsh ... crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
So cops only respond to violent crimes and the rest is handled by social workers or whatever you would choose to label them? Guess you need to hire a bunch more staff then?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 4:12 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
B wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upshot/unrest-police-time-violent-crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image


Maybe post the context the article provides immediately after that graphic?

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14290
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upshot/unrest-police-time-violent-crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image


Maybe post the context the article provides immediately after that graphic?


I posted the link. Is your Ctrl button broken?

Quote:
Calls for service do not include time spent investigating after an incident; training sessions; administrative duties; and off-duty employment. As such, they are not a perfect encapsulation of how police officers spend all their time, but they do provide a good representation of how police departments interact with the public.

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 4:41 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/upshot/unrest-police-time-violent-crime.html

The chart in this article is a great tool for showing why reallocating police budgets may not be such a big deal.

Also, Portland is awesome.

Image


Maybe post the context the article provides immediately after that graphic?


I posted the link. Is your Ctrl button broken?

Quote:
Calls for service do not include time spent investigating after an incident; training sessions; administrative duties; and off-duty employment. As such, they are not a perfect encapsulation of how police officers spend all their time, but they do provide a good representation of how police departments interact with the public.



I was just suggesting that maybe posting something that says what those are percentages of would help people decide if it's worth clicking.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 19956
Speaking for myself, I had no idea that cops sometimes spend their time doing administrative work and have no inference skills of my own. Thank you for your service.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14290
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Derek Chauvin, who murdered a man for allegedly using a counterfeit $20 bill, appears to have been stealing thousands of dollars from the United States.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... ax-evasion

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
At least they have a charge that might stick if he gets acquitted for killing Floyd.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Tue July 28, 2020 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 19956
PHATJ wrote:
I watched this guy on the live feed last night. I watched him smash out the windows and start the fires at AutoZone. I watched a guy follow him through the parking lot and get threatened with the hammer as he approached. The camera man didn’t follow the umbrella dude out of the parking lot. I didn’t see him on the live feed again after that.

Image


_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Tue July 28, 2020 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
McParadigm wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
I watched this guy on the live feed last night. I watched him smash out the windows and start the fires at AutoZone. I watched a guy follow him through the parking lot and get threatened with the hammer as he approached. The camera man didn’t follow the umbrella dude out of the parking lot. I didn’t see him on the live feed again after that.

Image


Good job, cops! Oh wait...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 29, 2020 3:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
if one guy smashing windows at autozone counts as the 'worst post-floyd violence in Minnesota' then MN should be pretty happy about where they stand at this point compared to a couple months ago

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 29, 2020 11:51 am 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
He must have stole that shit from Mary Poppins

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 29, 2020 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
96583UP wrote:
if one guy smashing windows at autozone counts as the 'worst post-floyd violence in Minnesota' then MN should be pretty happy about where they stand at this point compared to a couple months ago


Not quite.

Dead body found in a burned out pawn shop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox9.c ... -riots.amp

It's hilarious that they think he instigated all or even any of the violence. It's as if they think no one was watching it unfold live. You'd have to be utterly brain dead to buy this shit.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 29, 2020 12:11 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
BurtReynolds wrote:
96583UP wrote:
if one guy smashing windows at autozone counts as the 'worst post-floyd violence in Minnesota' then MN should be pretty happy about where they stand at this point compared to a couple months ago


Not quite.

Dead body found in a burned out pawn shop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox9.c ... -riots.amp

It's hilarious that they think he instigated all or even any of the violence. It's as if they think no one was watching it unfold live. You'd have to be utterly brain dead to buy this shit.


Well, in most cases brain death is brought on by a progressive disease.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3970 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri August 07, 2020 10:06 am