The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 209  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun November 03, 2013 7:44 am
Posts: 208
Location: Texas, USA
96583UP wrote:
i would bang all those moms

I like your positivity.
My initial thought watching that was, I don't think I would feel comfortable in that crowd.

I'm a white guy probably generally sympathetic to the protestors.
Part of my initial reaction was "huh that's what the PNW is like" 'cause I haven't been to Portland.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 16891
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
96583UP wrote:
i would bang all those moms

Well they certainly aren’t at work so ... damn, forgot where I was going with that.

_________________
Peetah from Woostah wrote:
That Bammah post is a work of ahht.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 5:31 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 1303
Location: Portland, OR
Fools like Verb have no idea what’s really going on in Portland every night. Keep believing the hype you’re being fed, jokers. If you care about freedom even in the slightest you should be very scared about what’s happening right now. :peace:

_________________
The numbers don't decide
Your system is a lie
The river running dry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27118
Location: Illinois
swan wrote:
Fools like Verb have no idea what’s really going on in Portland every night. Keep believing the hype you’re being fed, jokers. If you care about freedom even in the slightest you should be very scared about what’s happening right now. :peace:


Until I see Dame at pioneer square spread eagle with his dong on the ground it won't be real to me.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 2:57 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 3085
swan wrote:
Fools like Verb have no idea what’s really going on in Portland every night. Keep believing the hype you’re being fed, jokers. If you care about freedom even in the slightest you should be very scared about what’s happening right now. :peace:



Is this a fair assesment? This plus the 4 people that were detained, mirandized, and released? Is that still going on? Spooky.



If the retards stopped attacking the federal building, the feds would stay inside.

The only resolution (as I previously suggested) that seems to be agreeable to the black block is for feds to abandon the building and let it burn. I don't see this happening.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27118
Location: Illinois
I watched Robert Evans doing live streams but it got old fast. Same tired shit nightly.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 3:11 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 3085
verb_to_trust wrote:
I watched Robert Evans doing live streams but it got old fast. Same tired shit nightly.


Robert Evans: burning police stations is awesome! Tear Gas!? Geneva violation!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 3:16 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 3085
It would also improve the biased coverage we are seeing if the protesters allowed neutral media with cameras anywhere near. Can't complain about a lack of neutral coverage when this is your approach!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 3:25 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 9313
simple schoolboy wrote:
It would also improve the biased coverage we are seeing if the protesters allowed neutral media with cameras anywhere near. Can't complain about a lack of neutral coverage when this is your approach!


Has any of the protestors actually done this? Seems to be the opposite of the current leftist/proggy climate.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 3:35 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 3085
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
It would also improve the biased coverage we are seeing if the protesters allowed neutral media with cameras anywhere near. Can't complain about a lack of neutral coverage when this is your approach!


Has any of the protestors actually done this? Seems to be the opposite of the current leftist/proggy climate.


? You haven't seen footage of people getting their phones snatched away if they aren't deemed sympathetic to the cause? Cameras are fine if teargas is being deployed, but capturing images of property destruction where those involved might be identified is frowned upon.

Its not universal (they might not notice all the time) but it happens often enough. News crews have been assaulted multiple times as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27118
Location: Illinois
simple schoolboy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I watched Robert Evans doing live streams but it got old fast. Same tired shit nightly.


Robert Evans: burning police stations is awesome! Tear Gas!? Geneva violation!


Yeah I had to mute him on Twitter and haven't listened to Behind the Bastards in a while. He just sounded so lame running around the streets every night.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 4:49 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 9313
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
It would also improve the biased coverage we are seeing if the protesters allowed neutral media with cameras anywhere near. Can't complain about a lack of neutral coverage when this is your approach!


Has any of the protestors actually done this? Seems to be the opposite of the current leftist/proggy climate.


? You haven't seen footage of people getting their phones snatched away if they aren't deemed sympathetic to the cause? Cameras are fine if teargas is being deployed, but capturing images of property destruction where those involved might be identified is frowned upon.

Its not universal (they might not notice all the time) but it happens often enough. News crews have been assaulted multiple times as well.


I have seen what the protestors are doing (rare! fringe!), I just wasnt sure if they were actually ballsy enough to be complaining about unfair portrayal in the media or if that was just some right wing meme shit.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 9000
Location: Tristes Tropiques
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
It would also improve the biased coverage we are seeing if the protesters allowed neutral media with cameras anywhere near. Can't complain about a lack of neutral coverage when this is your approach!


Has any of the protestors actually done this? Seems to be the opposite of the current leftist/proggy climate.


? You haven't seen footage of people getting their phones snatched away if they aren't deemed sympathetic to the cause? Cameras are fine if teargas is being deployed, but capturing images of property destruction where those involved might be identified is frowned upon.

Its not universal (they might not notice all the time) but it happens often enough. News crews have been assaulted multiple times as well.


I have seen what the protestors are doing (rare! fringe!), I just wasnt sure if they were actually ballsy enough to be complaining about unfair portrayal in the media or if that was just some right wing meme shit.


Source: "simple schoolboy"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed July 22, 2020 11:53 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 3085
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
It would also improve the biased coverage we are seeing if the protesters allowed neutral media with cameras anywhere near. Can't complain about a lack of neutral coverage when this is your approach!


Has any of the protestors actually done this? Seems to be the opposite of the current leftist/proggy climate.


? You haven't seen footage of people getting their phones snatched away if they aren't deemed sympathetic to the cause? Cameras are fine if teargas is being deployed, but capturing images of property destruction where those involved might be identified is frowned upon.

Its not universal (they might not notice all the time) but it happens often enough. News crews have been assaulted multiple times as well.


I have seen what the protestors are doing (rare! fringe!), I just wasnt sure if they were actually ballsy enough to be complaining about unfair portrayal in the media or if that was just some right wing meme shit.


Source: "simple schoolboy"


More speaking to what swan was all about: people that don't live in Portland don't really know whats going on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27118
Location: Illinois
simple schoolboy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
It would also improve the biased coverage we are seeing if the protesters allowed neutral media with cameras anywhere near. Can't complain about a lack of neutral coverage when this is your approach!


Has any of the protestors actually done this? Seems to be the opposite of the current leftist/proggy climate.


? You haven't seen footage of people getting their phones snatched away if they aren't deemed sympathetic to the cause? Cameras are fine if teargas is being deployed, but capturing images of property destruction where those involved might be identified is frowned upon.

Its not universal (they might not notice all the time) but it happens often enough. News crews have been assaulted multiple times as well.


I have seen what the protestors are doing (rare! fringe!), I just wasnt sure if they were actually ballsy enough to be complaining about unfair portrayal in the media or if that was just some right wing meme shit.


Source: "simple schoolboy"


More speaking to what swan was all about: people that don't live in Portland don't really know whats going on.



The new season of Portlandia has been the best yet!

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 9000
Location: Tristes Tropiques
By living in a metro area with 2.5 million people, I actually have unmediated access to everything that's happening there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21726
why are we still discussing this? i thought we already resolved this yesterday

Portland is a:

1) terrible place to live
2) flaming shithole
3) for crybabies
4) and perverts

case closed

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:10 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 32142
Location: the beach
96583UP wrote:
why are we still discussing this? i thought we already resolved this yesterday

Portland is a:

1) terrible place to live
2) flaming shithole
3) for crybabies
4) and perverts

case closed


you just haven't had the $3 breakfast special at marathon taverna and an ice cold can of rainier there at 7am..that will change your mind along with a pasta dinner sitting at the bar at caffe mingo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 9000
Location: Tristes Tropiques
Rainier is one of the better "shitty local beers." It's no Lone Star, but.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21726
doug rr wrote:
96583UP wrote:
why are we still discussing this? i thought we already resolved this yesterday

Portland is a:

1) terrible place to live
2) flaming shithole
3) for crybabies
4) and perverts

case closed


you just haven't had the $3 breakfast special at marathon taverna and an ice cold can of rainier there at 7am..that will change your mind along with a pasta dinner sitting at the bar at caffe mingo


i didn't say it was a terrible place to eat breakfast or have a drink

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 209  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon March 08, 2021 4:03 am