The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 264  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 8:13 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Shooting the kid after he threw the gun down and was starting to raise his hands is not a good look for Chicago PD.

but the kid had priors. bet he had thc in his system

*all excuses people like to make

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 8:52 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Peeps wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Shooting the kid after he threw the gun down and was starting to raise his hands is not a good look for Chicago PD.

but the kid had priors. bet he had thc in his system

*all excuses people like to make

Yup. Plenty of pics of him throwing LK signs circulating already.

But this is radically different than Wright, kid appears to be surrendering.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 8:55 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

What's LK?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 8:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
What's LK?

Latin Kings

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 9:05 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Oh, well fuck that kid. Solid kill.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:00 pm 
The Master

Oh, I see.

But wait.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:04 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Have we had a controversial police shooting in Chicago since George Floyd? Could be a big one.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

How is it possible two things are true when I dont like one of them? But it doesnt matter because he had dropped the gun and was surrendering prior to being shot by the cops. This is pretty clear cut.

Gun drop video:

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:13 pm 
The Master

no he was armed!

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I don't think the strobe feature on the cops weapons light was helpful in this situation.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Cops are the worst

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:35 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

spike wrote:

But wait.

It was more like the instant he got shot rather than seconds before.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

So you’re saying that andy took a video snippet which misrepresented the circumstances of the shooting by not including key moments, and promoted that? Unheard of. He wouldn’t.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:41 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
So you’re saying that andy took a video snippet which misrepresented the circumstances of the shooting by not including key moments, and promoted that? Unheard of. He wouldn’t.

Including his gang names was a nice touch.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:46 pm 

I'm saying that "seconds before" suggests he was just standing there with his hands up waiting to be shot rather than running, turning around and throwing his arms up and being shot almost immediately (as the video Ngo linked to showed that the other guy didn't link to).

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:

No one here was saying that until you did. The two tweets show different frames from two distinct moments in the same widely circulating video and describe the frames individually without claim to describing the whole event.

In watching the video it appears he tossed the gun to surrender. He should not have been shot. But that doesn't mean he didnt have a gun a second or two before the shot was fired. Not sure why this is so confusing to for you.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:49 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

No one here was saying that until you did. The two tweets show different frames from two distinct moments in the same widely circulating video and describe the frames individually without claim to describing the whole event.

In watching the video it appears he tossed the gun to surrender. He should not have been shot. But that doesn't mean he didnt have a gun a second or two before the shot was fired. Not sure why this is so confusing to for you.

I was saying that. At what point is he no longer armed?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Man, really couldn't have foreseen this response by RM's finest, very surprising stuff here.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

I was saying that. At what point is he no longer armed?

In the vimeo the Ngo linked he clearly has the gun at 2:38:39 timestamp and does not at 2:38:40 (when he is shot).

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 10:56 pm 

Judging from the video it could have been an accidental shooting, poor judgement or quick execution by a white supremacist nazi. I wonder which one people will instantly decide to go with as the unassailable truth, justifying looting a Target despite the fact that there were thirty other shootings in Chicago last weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 264  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate