The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 263  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Fri February 18, 2022 7:27 pm 
Gone

Should have just been probation, but I understand the political pressure to send her to prison for at least a little while. Thankfully the judge didn’t throw the book at her like the state wanted. By all accounts, Potter is a good person with a sterling 26-year police career who made a terrible, life-altering mistake. She has already suffered greatly, will no doubt live with this for the rest of her life, and as Judge Chu correctly assessed, she poses no danger to the public.

PostPosted: Fri February 18, 2022 7:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

macphisto wrote:
Should have just been probation, but I understand the political pressure to send her to prison for at least a little while. Thankfully the judge didn’t throw the book at her like the state wanted. By all accounts, Potter is a good person with a sterling 26-year police career who made a terrible, life-altering mistake. She has already suffered greatly, will no doubt live with this for the rest of her life, and as Judge Chu correctly assessed, she poses no danger to the public.

We agree!

:hooray:

PostPosted: Fri February 18, 2022 7:34 pm 
Gone

JuanHamm wrote:
macphisto wrote:

We agree!

:hooray:

Nice. Let’s build on this and see where it goes.

PostPosted: Sat February 19, 2022 3:29 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

They can't get the cops to do anything, so they use other, "peaceful" measures.

I wonder how a future of cops and government officials in total opposition to each other works out? Do they actually think they can just strip citizens of property and money without using physical force? I can't wait to find out.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat February 19, 2022 6:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Seen here: cops being more loyal to their populist trucker brethren than to the power of the oppressive state.

PostPosted: Sat February 19, 2022 6:43 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I was trying to be positive.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat February 19, 2022 7:40 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:

They can't get the cops to do anything, so they use other, "peaceful" measures.

I wonder how a future of cops and government officials in total opposition to each other works out? Do they actually think they can just strip citizens of property and money without using physical force? I can't wait to find out.

The only response to her I have is “Yes Ms Goebbels.”

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:15 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Do we have something approximating hands up don't shoot?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/05/10/us/quadry-sanders-two-former-officers-charged-manslaughter/index.html

Not particularly important to the story, but I do wonder if the complaintant lied about the decedent having a gun so they would get a reasonable response time from the police. If you don't use this one weird hack who knows when the cops will show up.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:08 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Body camera footage contradicts sheriff's account of how deputies acted on Delaware State lacrosse bus

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 10:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/seattle-police-halted-investigating-adult-sexual-assaults-this-year-internal-memo-shows/

Quote:
Seattle police stopped investigating new adult sexual assaults this year, memo shows

"Seattle police’s sexual assault and child abuse unit staff has been so depleted that it stopped assigning to detectives this year new cases with adult victims, according to an internal memo sent to interim police Chief Adrian Diaz in April."

#Defund at it's very best.

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2022 11:11 pm 
Gone

Bi_3 wrote:
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/seattle-police-halted-investigating-adult-sexual-assaults-this-year-internal-memo-shows/

Quote:
Seattle police stopped investigating new adult sexual assaults this year, memo shows

"Seattle police’s sexual assault and child abuse unit staff has been so depleted that it stopped assigning to detectives this year new cases with adult victims, according to an internal memo sent to interim police Chief Adrian Diaz in April."

Probably wouldn't be prosecuted anyway.

PostPosted: Thu June 02, 2022 4:26 am 
mXn

verb_to_trust wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

If you break a law in Seattle the most likley outcome is that they name a street after you or build you a statue or something, as opposed to being arrested.

PostPosted: Thu June 02, 2022 4:52 am 
Gone

Bammer wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

If you break a law in Seattle the most likley outcome is that they name a street after you or build you a statue or something, as opposed to being arrested.

It's called being progressive bammer

PostPosted: Thu June 02, 2022 10:15 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Is it budget voting season? Seems like a thing a chief (interim or otherwise) would announce to scare people.

PostPosted: Wed June 22, 2022 9:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Uvalde Cops Could’ve Ended Shooting in Three Minutes

PostPosted: Wed June 22, 2022 10:11 pm 
Gone

Stickman wrote:

Thanks for making us aware of this!

PostPosted: Wed June 22, 2022 11:54 pm 

I know I preach about the sheeplike herd and its aversion to action and decisiveness and all, but this is ridiculous! Everybody trying to cover their own asses. No one wants to risk anymore.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 2:34 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Says a guy from the internet.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 3:21 am 

Why willingness to blow away a child murderer is nothing remarkable, except to you herd animals of course. So it's hardly talking big from behind a monitor.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 4:17 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Why willingness to blow away a child murderer is nothing remarkable, except to you herd animals of course. So it's hardly talking big from behind a monitor.

I suspect something worse will come out, but the inflexible bureaucratic inertia of declaring the situation a "barricaded suspect" might be sufficient to explain the lack of action. For a barricaded suspect, they follow this rulebook, and must have SWAT and an armored car before breaching. Many police departments have IQ ceilings, so should we be surprised?

If they disbanded the Uvalde school and city police departments and resorted to a single sheriff and a posse system they would have been better off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 263  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate