The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 263  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cops Are The Worst
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 2:30 pm 
mXn

B wrote:
I'm not sure bombing people for trespassing, shooting fireworks, and tossing bricks is the appropriate response.

Yeah guys lol it’s just a silly prank, good people on both sides.

Ok now tell us what to do except they pulled this not on a police facility but on your kid’s high school.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 2:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Oh you think sex is cool well imagine if people were doing it at the mall not so “cool” now is it mister

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 3:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Oh you think sex is cool well imagine if people were doing it at the mall not so “cool” now is it mister

ChatMcP needs to be retrained on better data than tumblr comments.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 3:11 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bammer wrote:
B wrote:
I'm not sure bombing people for trespassing, shooting fireworks, and tossing bricks is the appropriate response.

Ok now tell us what to do except they pulled this not on a police facility but on your kid’s high school.

I'd expect them to be arrested and charged with a crime. Kid have set off fireworks in schools before. I'm pretty sure none of them received a death sentence.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 3:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bammer wrote:
B wrote:

I'd expect them to be arrested and charged with a crime. Kid have set off fireworks in schools before. I'm pretty sure none of them received a death sentence.

If a group of adults numbering 50+ approached a school and started throwing molotov cocktails at the building and people inside and lobbing fireworks at them, most folks would agree that 'excessive force' rules would not apply.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 4:06 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bammer wrote:
B wrote:

If a group of adults numbering 50+ approached a school and started throwing molotov cocktails at the building and people inside and lobbing fireworks at them, most folks would agree that 'excessive force' rules would not apply.
No they would still apply - but what is classified as 'excessive' would change. Different situations are ... different.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:06 pm 
mXn

B wrote:
Bammer wrote:
B wrote:

Ok got it so they can harass their target for however long suits them, no form of retaliation warranted, and then later we can round them all up.

Next one - and you’ll have to use your imagination - What if something preposterous like a mob of MAGA crazies were to, I dunno, storm the US Capitol?

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:32 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Captain Termite wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bammer wrote:
B wrote:

No they would still apply - but what is classified as 'excessive' would change. Different situations are ... different.

I will respectfully disagree that you would find a jury's worth of people who would care about the well being of a mob that attacked a school should police choose to use lethal force to defend the children inside.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:42 pm 

Bi_3 wrote:
Captain Termite wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bammer wrote:
B wrote:

I will respectfully disagree that you would find a jury's worth of people who would care about the well being of a mob that attacked a school should police choose to use lethal force to defend the children inside.
Lethal force to protect children in danger wouldn't generally be classified as excessive force, I agree. But that's different than it being "anything goes" and rules-less.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:46 pm 
mXn

My God look at B’s woke-diseased brain reducing a violent mob to “kids setting off fireworks” … wow, impressive.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:47 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Someone who says high kids walking into a construction site, setting off fireworks and injuring zero people deserve to have their lives snuffed out, how a lower value for human life than I do.

I'm not sure why you don't advocate the use of bazookas to stop speeders. I mean, maybe a cop could get hurt chasing a guy going 40 in a 25 zone.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:47 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bammer wrote:
My God look at B’s woke-diseased brain reducing a violent mob to “kids setting off fireworks” … wow, impressive.

Did you see something in that video that I didn't?

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Captain Termite wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Captain Termite wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bammer wrote:
B wrote:

Lethal force to protect children in danger wouldn't generally be classified as excessive force, I agree. But that's different than it being "anything goes" and rules-less.

:thumbsup:

OK, yeah that's fair. I was definitely planning loose with words there.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 5:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Bammer wrote:

i think the disagreement i am having with your stance is that the cops should just assume they are fireworks. they could have just as easily assumed the worse (i would have) and therefore i believe retaliation to stop them in their tracks is warranted

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 6:49 pm 
mXn

Peeps wrote:
B wrote:
Bammer wrote:

i think the disagreement i am having with your stance is that the cops should just assume they are fireworks. they could have just as easily assumed the worse (i would have) and therefore i believe retaliation to stop them in their tracks is warranted

This. Exactly this.

B, did the kids in your school bring riot gear and SWAT shields with them, too?

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 6:57 pm 

If you think a group of people have dangerous explosives, I don't think the smart move is to drive towards them and hope to run some over.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 7:11 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

It's important to note that I am fine with the use of force. I'm not defending the protesters.

I only stepped into this mess when Bi endorsed killing them. I find that to be a particularly cruel and hateful thing to say, especially with the hindsight of knowing no one was even injured.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 8:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

The difference here is that in my mind if you execute an unprovoked attack with a deadly weapon you are no longer a protester but a combatant

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 8:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i also see B's position knowledge now instead of the knowledge (or lack thereof at the time). would killing them be a good response? knowing it was just fireworks probably not.

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2023 8:19 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Also, we should water down the term "terrorism" some more. It's not completely meaningless just yet.

Sounds a lot more insurrection-y than terrorist-y.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 263  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate