The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cannabis
PostPosted: Sat February 01, 2014 8:18 pm 
Broken Tamborine

simple schoolboy wrote:
mookie wrote:
That part about the natives being hostile to "immigrants" from other states is a real thing though.

This could be partially due to many of the immigrants trying to import California's politics, to the detriment of Colorado.

I think they hate immigrants from Texas even more than the Californian ones.

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 9:03 pm 
Rank This Poster

I fuckin' love weed. Illegal marijuana is ridiculous. I will always choose cannabis over alcohol, I think it's healthier, less function inhibiting, has better physiological effects, smells better and tastes better.

PostPosted: Fri February 07, 2014 9:24 pm 
AnalLog

Leatherhead wrote:
I fuckin' love weed. Illegal marijuana is ridiculous. I will always choose cannabis over alcohol, I think it's healthier, less function inhibiting, has better physiological effects, smells better and tastes better.

i can't smoke.

but there's a reason i love IPAs.

PostPosted: Sun February 09, 2014 4:58 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Leatherhead wrote:

Agreed. Unfortunately I'm about to start working for the federal gov't. I had my last puff almost a year ago.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 12:09 am 
A Return To Form

Pax by Ploom, and some medium or high grade weed.

The answer to my post chemo nausea.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 12:15 am 
Future Drummer

Scott wrote:

When my mom was going through that she had something called "Marinol", a synthetic. It really helped. When she passed I donated the rest of her supply (a year's worth) to a clinic in DC... completely unaware that the value was over $10,000 in 1996. Could have paid for my college education Walter White style.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 12:20 am 
A Return To Form

broken iris wrote:
Scott wrote:

When my mom was going through that she had something called "Marinol", a synthetic. It really helped. When she passed I donated the rest of her supply (a year's worth) to a clinic in DC... completely unaware that the value was over $10,000 in 1996. Could have paid for my college education Walter White style.

When I went through chemo and radiation 2 years ago, I tried every prescription med they had, but nothing worked. Finally, my doctor just said, "do you have access to any marijuana?"

Fast forward 2 years later, and I'm back on chemo...and on weed.

Sure would be nice if FL would pass the medical marijuana law this year.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 1:33 am 
what on earth am I talking about

What's the difference between cannabis and marijuana?
Never heard it called cannabis in the US before

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 1:43 am 
Site Admin

dimejinky99 wrote:
Never heard it called cannabis in the US before
That's just me being weird. I've come to generally dislike the term marijuana, and titling this thread "Weed" or "Pot" seemed too vague.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 1:44 am 
Poster of the Year

dimejinky99 wrote:

Cannabis is the plant, marijuana is the bud you harvest from it.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 2:35 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

broken iris wrote:
Scott wrote:

Some places its standard proceedure to have cops on standby when someone passes away (in say, a hospice) so they can verify the destruction of all pharmaceuticals. Talk about bad bedside manner.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 2:42 am 
what on earth am I talking about

cutuphalfdead wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Cannabis is the plant, marijuana is the bud you harvest from it.

Cool thanks chud

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 7:25 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I used to enjoy getting high.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 4:17 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Scott, glad it helped you. :-)

Medical has it's merits despite the droves of people that are using it as an excuse to get high. That's what is maddening to me and makes me absolutely HATE the people that self diagnosed (pretty much) to get their card.

Doctors were prescribing a specific number of plants per patient rather than how many grams per day. Etc.

There's no law specifying the size of the plants.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 8:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

Scott wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Scott wrote:

When I went through chemo and radiation 2 years ago, I tried every prescription med they had, but nothing worked. Finally, my doctor just said, "do you have access to any marijuana?"

how did you respond when your doctor asked you that? also, hope you're feeling better soon n the weed helps w/ the chemo.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 8:55 pm 
Rank This Poster

broken iris wrote:
Scott wrote:

maybe you were rewarded through karma. i would have kept that shit for myself and sold some to my friends.

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 9:29 pm 
A Return To Form

warehouse wrote:
Scott wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Scott wrote:

how did you respond when your doctor asked you that? also, hope you're feeling better soon n the weed helps w/ the chemo.

My doctor is really cool, and I think he felt like we tried every legal method and at that point.

He knew my history as a musician, and based on our previous conversations I don't think he felt too uncomfortable with the conversation.

If I recall correctly, he pretty much just asked if I had access to "the natural remedy to anti nausea" without coming out and saying marijuana specifically, but we both knew what he meant.

PostPosted: Fri March 07, 2014 5:03 pm 
post-structuralist

The Republican Party's Pot Dilemma

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md.—Christopher Beach was trying to defend keeping marijuana illegal to a roomful of conservatives, and it was not going well.

When Beach insisted the drug war has not been a complete failure, laughter rippled through the crowd.

When he said governments sometimes have to protect people from themselves, there were groans and boos.

One after another, audience members stood to quibble with his statistics and accuse him of bad faith. As the discussion drew to a close with yet another hostile blast in his direction, Beach mumbled into his microphone, "This is just getting more fun."

Beach's panel at the Conservative Political Action Conference, titled "Rocky Mountain High: Does Legalized Pot Mean Society's Going Up In Smoke?," was ostensibly a debate. I attended expecting to find conservatives divided on the question, which seems to pit Republican cultural conservatism against the party's ascendant libertarian strain.

But the discussion—which pitted Beach, a producer for the Morning in America radio show hosted by former Education Secretary Bill Bennett, against Mary Katharine Ham, a conservative blogger and Fox News contributor—turned out to be surprisingly one-sided.

"What's your answer—to just keep arresting people, ruining lives?" a middle-aged man named Leo Dymowski asked Beach heatedly. "How are we going to get out of this mess by continuing a completely failed policy?"

more here
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ma/284289/

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Fri March 07, 2014 5:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The title of that conference sure must have taken a long time to come up with

PostPosted: Fri March 07, 2014 5:08 pm 
post-structuralist

doug rr wrote:
The title of that conference sure must have taken a long time to come up with

republicans are not known for originality

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate