The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
The XWZ set is so insufferable.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Each faction is in its own way.

I mean I'm gay but ugh. The pain of my brethren.

I'm mad about the cock but I fuckin hate faggots

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
dimejinky99 wrote:
Each faction is in its own way.

I mean I'm gay but ugh. The pain of my brethren.

I'm mad about the cock but I fuckin hate faggots


But isn't categorization part of the problem? Human sexuality is a spectrum and whatever point a person is on at that moment of their life need not be rammed into ideologically bounded formula.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13316
In this thread, dimejinky shows contempt for the gay community and broken_iris comes in to defend it.


strange times indeed.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27422
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
@SkitchP wrote:
In this thread, dimejinky shows contempt for the gay community and broken_iris comes in to defend it.

Ehhhhh I'm not sure that's what Broken_Iris is doing

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:19 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
@SkitchP wrote:
In this thread, dimejinky shows contempt for the gay community and broken_iris comes in to defend it.


strange times indeed.


I'd be interested to know when exactly I did not defend an individual's right to do what they want with another consenting adult (or group there of)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
theplatypus wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
In this thread, dimejinky shows contempt for the gay community and broken_iris comes in to defend it.

Ehhhhh I'm not sure that's what Broken_Iris is doing


I'm suggesting that the spectrum is broad and diverse and ever changing, so diverse that categorization does reality a disservice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13316
Holy shit you guys are so fucking serious.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27422
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
Bi_3 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
In this thread, dimejinky shows contempt for the gay community and broken_iris comes in to defend it.

Ehhhhh I'm not sure that's what Broken_Iris is doing


I'm suggesting that the spectrum is broad and diverse and ever changing, so diverse that categorization does reality a disservice.

And anyway, we're all just human. I don't even see sexuality.

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7936
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Bi_3 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Each faction is in its own way.

I mean I'm gay but ugh. The pain of my brethren.

I'm mad about the cock but I fuckin hate faggots


But isn't categorization part of the problem? Human sexuality is a spectrum and whatever point a person is on at that moment of their life need not be rammed into ideologically bounded formula.



_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29099
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
oh for the love of god don't post clips of that awful show.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
theplatypus wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
In this thread, dimejinky shows contempt for the gay community and broken_iris comes in to defend it.

Ehhhhh I'm not sure that's what Broken_Iris is doing


I'm suggesting that the spectrum is broad and diverse and ever changing, so diverse that categorization does reality a disservice.

And anyway, we're all just human. I don't even see sexuality.


Didn't see that coming.

From a marriage perspective isn't that how it should of be? Marriage is a contract between consenting adults, nothing more. The nature of their sexual relationship is irrelevant to the contract and government/society at large.

And to the broader point, there is no benefit in forcing an individual to identify as one thing or another other than simplify the world for people who don't want to bother trying to understand it and just want a quick way to judge. People should be free to choose to of course, but why should society or other group members pressure them into it? That's hardly different than the historical 'binary' concept.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7936
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
BurtReynolds wrote:
oh for the love of god don't post clips of that awful show.


Well, it wasn't that great of a show, but it was a nice visualization of the topic at hand.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29099
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
oh for the love of god don't post clips of that awful show.


Well, it wasn't that great of a show, but it was a nice visualization of the topic at hand.

At least it wasn't "Sex Junk".

Spoiler: show

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Labels are for tins of beans.

The gays do love labelling and creating subsections

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Oslo, Norway
I don't see what the problem is. People should be free to marry whatever gender they feel like.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Sun June 11, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
dimejinky99 wrote:
Labels are for tins of beans.

The gays do love labelling and creating subsections


Not all they love apparently:

https://www.vox.com/explainers/2017/6/9/15757964/gay-babadook-lgbtq


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Fri June 30, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5346
Welcome to the club, Germany.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... e-48367351


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Fri June 30, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Hitler is spinning in his grave.


Where is he buried anyways?

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 4:37 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1201
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hitler is spinning in his grave.


Where is he buried anyways?


Ostensibly he was poorly cremated by German soldiers in a pit. Who knows what the Russians did with the remains, actual or suspected.

Hitler was down with the gays in the SA until they weren't needed anymore. Was the night of the long knives a gay reference?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 16, 2017 7:03 am