Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Same-Sex Marriage

Fri December 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Well, well, well, I didn't realize how far along the lawsuit process was in Utah. A district judge just struck down their anti-SSM law:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/192783257/Uta ... age-Ruling

I wonder how long it will take this one to move on appeal. Maybe Tenth Circuit next summer or so, and SCOTUS rules on it in 2015? Will the case that finally decides it all be known as Kitchen v. Herbert (or vice versa)?

Re: Same-Sex Marriage

Fri December 20, 2013 10:19 pm

When can we expect to see polygamist same-sex marriages receiving the blessing of the state?

Fri December 20, 2013 10:23 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:When can we expect to see polygamist same-sex marriages receiving the blessing of the state?
Funny you say that, because although polygamy itself wasn't struck down, the anti-cohabitation portion of Utah's polygamy law was also struck down just last week:

https://ecf.utd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 1cv0652-78

It hasn't been a good month for the Beehive State.

Fri December 20, 2013 10:29 pm

utah is sooo gay.

Fri December 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Green Habit wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:When can we expect to see polygamist same-sex marriages receiving the blessing of the state?
Funny you say that, because although polygamy itself wasn't struck down, the anti-cohabitation portion of Utah's polygamy law was also struck down just last week:

I read about the ruling. Any chance of the whole statute getting struck down, or is that a bridge too far?

Fri December 20, 2013 10:33 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

I read about the ruling. Any chance of the whole statute getting struck down, or is that a bridge too far?
Doubtful, primarily because the plaintiffs weren't even challenging that part of the law.

Fri December 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Looks like one couple beat the gun before Christmas:

Fri December 20, 2013 11:39 pm

That's fucking awesome!

Sat December 21, 2013 1:20 am

I don't believe that anybody feels the gay I do about you now

Sat December 21, 2013 3:11 am

McParadigm wrote:I don't believe that anybody feels the gay I do about you now

There are many things that I would like to gay to you, but I don't know how.

Sat December 21, 2013 3:26 am

And after all, you're my wonder.......BALLS

Sat December 21, 2013 3:45 am

So gaybe you're gonna be the one that saves me.

Sat December 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I think I made a similar comment in one of the GD threads but I can't stand when someone makes their case against same sex marriage (or any gay issue really) with the line "God created Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve".
And nice job with the Mormon tweet :thumbsup:
Last edited by Biff Pocoroba on Sat December 21, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat December 21, 2013 8:03 pm

so who's gonna be the first RMer to come out against same sex marriage so we can stop this dick suck fest and start fighting again?!

Sat December 21, 2013 8:09 pm

As for me, I've done a complete 69 on this issue the last couple years.

Sat December 21, 2013 9:50 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:so who's gonna be the first RMer to come out against same sex marriage so we can stop this dick suck fest and start fighting again?!
There's only one poster in RM history that I can remember being against it, and that was davejeni, of "Germany will betray the world and invade Iraq/Iran/Israel/etc" fame.

Sat December 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Oh wow, davejeni. That takes me back.

Sat December 21, 2013 10:24 pm

That guy really had a hard on for Churchill.

Sun December 22, 2013 1:07 pm

i hate gay marriage.

it's just called marriage, y'all.

Mon December 23, 2013 4:39 am

davejeni wrote:stuff the mardi gras probably one of the reasons god sent those hurrivcanes, God dispicts homsexuals.
They have one of the worst natural disasters & celebrate it with a fucking mardi gra.Why some young man & women spill thie blood in iraq.
What the fuck is America coming to, i would hate to think what your nation great forfathers would be thinking celebrating the mardi gras.
Post a reply