The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage
PostPosted: Tue September 01, 2015 9:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The idea that an elected official can never be removed without being impeached is just not true. I have no idea why stories (and posters) keep recycling that idea. Elected officials can be removed for official misconduct, criminal acts and violating various bylaws without being impeached. It's happened to a few sheriffs recently. A bunch of school board members. A few treasurers. Some get removed when a governing body pulls their certification because of a violation, then the state can have them removed for lacking the credentials for their job. Also, I believe grand juries have the right to remove elected officials while investigations are taking place. Obviously a lot of that depends on the language in state constitutions and other documents.

If this clerk and her underlings are held in contempt of court on Thursday, the state AG could seek official misconduct charges against her and look to have her suspended with pay or just removed.
If she actually gets thrown in jail, the state would likely have to replace her.

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 10:54 am 
RM Elitist

turned2black wrote:
The idea that an elected official can never be removed without being impeached is just not true. I have no idea why stories (and posters) keep recycling that idea. Elected officials can be removed for official misconduct, criminal acts and violating various bylaws without being impeached. It's happened to a few sheriffs recently. A bunch of school board members. A few treasurers. Some get removed when a governing body pulls their certification because of a violation, then the state can have them removed for lacking the credentials for their job. Also, I believe grand juries have the right to remove elected officials while investigations are taking place. Obviously a lot of that depends on the language in state constitutions and other documents.

If this clerk and her underlings are held in contempt of court on Thursday, the state AG could seek official misconduct charges against her and look to have her suspended with pay or just removed.
If she actually gets thrown in jail, the state would likely have to replace her.

Hey, everything I have read says in Kentucky it requires impeachment. So my apologies if im wrong.

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 4:38 pm 
Future Drummer

I live in Kentucky, although i live in a rare urban area in the state, which is quite different from the rural county which is the source of this.

This quite the fucked up situation. I honestly believe that she (and her conservative supporters) want there to be jail or criminal proceedings. This would just bolster their argument that the government is sticking their nose into religion, and she will become a symbol for everyone that believes their belief in God trumps all else.

The state legislature will be considering in the next session, laws that will protect county clerk's religious "freedoms". Of course, this is a Republican controlled body.

The governor's race is also playing a role. The Republican candidate has publicly supported her, while the Democratic candidate has been pretty quiet, which I'm sure is planned. The Democratic candidate is currently the state AG! So, he surely doesn't want to do anything that hurts his ability to get elected as governor. Surprisingly, Kentucky has a pretty strong history of Democratic governors.

Everyone is going to be very cautious, which is why no one is really saying anything about "firing" her, or how that may be done, considering she is elected. Certainly there are ways to do this, if there were criminal charges, jail, etc..., however I think that would require the public efforts of the AG, who is running for governor, and still would likely even require a vote in the Assembly, which may be hard to get.

Such a clusterfuck.

Personally, I just like the idea of changing the state law to where the clerk didn't have to sign anything, just file it. That would eliminate her argument over "endorsing" something she believes to be a sin and against her religious beliefs.

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 5:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 5:37 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

*disclaimer* I have no idea if that is true, my source is Facebook.

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 5:42 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... -licenses/

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 5:43 pm 
The Master

If the good lord will forgive you for divorcing three fucking times, then he will certainly forgive you for letting two people who love each other get married, you fucking cunt.

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 6:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I'm guessing she won't actually have to pay a dime in fines because she'll get a shitload of donations.
Eventually, the judge will probably put her in jail. As hlniv already said, the state would be far better served being proactive about it and take the process of signing anything out of her hands. Although I guess she could say that even filing the licenses violates her religious freedoms.
Also, if she is eventually jailed, that could turn into a really nasty scene. My stepmom lives in Kentucky and I have been to that area, there are a shitload of hillbillies with guns there.

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 6:13 pm 
The Master

turned2black wrote:
I'm guessing she won't actually have to pay a dime in fines because she'll get a shitload of donations.
Eventually, the judge will probably put her in jail. As hlniv already said, the state would be far better served being proactive about it and take the process of signing anything out of her hands. Although I guess she could say that even filing the licenses violates her religious freedoms.
Also, if she is eventually jailed, that could turn into a really nasty scene. My stepmom lives in Kentucky and I have been to that area, there are a shitload of hillbillies with guns there.

I hope there actually is a heaven and hell so that one day I can witness all these fucking hateful religious jag off's being turned away from the gate. Fuck.

PostPosted: Wed September 02, 2015 8:11 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

This is basically true. It has been reported here in Kentucky that she has, in fact, been married 4 times to 3 men. She had twins from an affair during her first marriage, born after the divorce, fathered by her eventual third husband. Then she got married a second time, got divorced 10 years later, then married the father of her twins. That marriage lasted less than a year, another divorce, then she re-married the 2nd husband again.

Sometime since the last marriage, she went to church apparently. So, all her past was forgiven of course, yes, because Jesus. She is now a changed woman who is denying others a basic right that she has abused throughout her life.

Lovely person indeed

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

Strat wrote:
If the good lord will forgive you for divorcing three fucking times, then he will certainly forgive you for letting two people who love each other get married, you fucking cunt.

I don't believe in spirit animals but if I did mine would be Start.

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:14 pm 
The Master

BigRedLedbetter wrote:
Strat wrote:

I don't believe in spirit animals but if I did mine would be Start.

i dont believe in beatles, i just believe in strat.

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

apparently a federal judge has ordered her to be put in custody this morning

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:18 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
apparently a federal judge has ordered her to be put in custody this morning

Im really looking forward to the shit storm that will follow when all this goes down. Crazies

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PRAISE JESUS!!!!

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:37 pm 
The Master

lol

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/09/02 ... -adultery/

Yes!

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:48 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Local news Facebook comments FTW:

Quote:
She has to stand up for her belief's!

She should loose that job as well!!!

just remember the next time you disagree with something. This could be you

But who's gonna feed her cats!!!

Stake to your decision, you only need god forgiveness not mankind's, god will get you through it, may God continue to bless you.

Hay she is right it is Gods law that only a man and woman can be married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next law will be the all we have to married some one of that same sex if not we are going to jail...
Love u Obama

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:50 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Technology has given the stupid, ignorant masses a voice that will carry across the entire planet.

Thanks Obama.

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:54 pm 
The Master

Love u Obama

PostPosted: Thu September 03, 2015 5:56 pm 
The Master

God I hate God. Thanks obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate