The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: JFK Assassination
PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 9:40 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Guys, science is your friend. It shows Oswald shot JFK. Now, whether others supported Oswald is another story. His dealings at the Russian embassy in Mexico City earlier still raise questions.

I agree that Oswald had a hand in shooting JFK, but I think the Zapruder footage alone shows that there was a shot from the front.

I was watching a documentary on National Geographic this morning called "The Lost Bullet" where they attempt to discover what happened to the 'lost' third bullet, because the official Warren Report determined that one shot hit Kennedy and went through to Connely, and then the second shot hit Kennedy in the head.

Anyways, they used state of the art restoration and HD software to improve all the known videos of from witnesses on the ground. One of them, maybe the Hughes film (can't remember), was filming from behind the car as it made the turn onto Elm Street. So the Book Depository is in the background in the centre of the frame. And after they restored the footage you can see a person, most likely Oswald, crouched in position in the sixth floor window. Gave me legit goosebumps.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

BootsToAsses wrote:
I agree that Oswald had a hand in shooting JFK, but I think the Zapruder footage alone shows that there was a shot from the front.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 9:07 pm 

Green Habit wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:

I like it when people post things I can question. That's fairly convincing stuff right there, but I don't quite buy that shooting a melon is the same as shooting at a person. I'm not fully sure the same thing would happen with a bullet being shot at someone's head....would it?

How do we explain the fact that some of the doctors who first saw Kennedy at the hospital testified that they saw the BACK of the president's head blasted out? Plus, watching different footage I'm amazed at how many people run straight for the grassy knoll after the shooting. Can that many people be wrong?

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 9:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BootsToAsses wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Guys, science is your friend. It shows Oswald shot JFK. Now, whether others supported Oswald is another story. His dealings at the Russian embassy in Mexico City earlier still raise questions.

Which part? Everyone always assumes that because the blood and brain matter blew backwards that that's the sign of a front shot. But not true, if you think of it as a comet crashing into earth with the debris shooting back out.

Also, the jerk of the head is consistent with a shot from the back.

There was actually a good special on ABC about 3 years that pretty much laid to rest the theory of a front shot based on the science behind it.

Edit: I found it:

Here's the full length of the show which shows the tests on the head jerk (I'm not sure where in the show it is, but you could probably find it):

Crap, here are the ones you want:

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 10:49 am 
A Return To Form

BootsToAsses wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:

I like it when people post things I can question. That's fairly convincing stuff right there, but I don't quite buy that shooting a melon is the same as shooting at a person. I'm not fully sure the same thing would happen with a bullet being shot at someone's head....would it?

How do we explain the fact that some of the doctors who first saw Kennedy at the hospital testified that they saw the BACK of the president's head blasted out? Plus, watching different footage I'm amazed at how many people run straight for the grassy knoll after the shooting. Can that many people be wrong?

You're just posting the same tired recycled crap that gets posted in every JFK thread. Everything you've mentioned has been explained, debunked, disproven. The fact that you don't know this (or choose to ignore it) reveals that you have no interest in knowing what actually happened that day. In fact, your posting is so cliché one should wonder if you're engaging in a bit of socratic irony.

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 1:38 pm 
The worst

so this guy is still dead?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 1:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Man in Black wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:

You're just posting the same tired recycled crap that gets posted in every JFK thread. Everything you've mentioned has been explained, debunked, disproven. The fact that you don't know this (or choose to ignore it) reveals that you have no interest in knowing what actually happened that day. In fact, your posting is so cliché one should wonder if you're engaging in a bit of socratic irony.

Can't you just say this about pretty much everything regarding the JFK assassination? For every conspiracy theorist, there is a debunker, so it's all pretty tired and recycled, no?

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 5:46 pm 

Man in Black wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:

Whoa whoa, someone is cranky today. I'm very interested in the subject matter, I haven't read everything there is to read so I honestly don't know answers to certain things. Not everything has been debunked. You posted stuff that supposedly proves the head shot came from the front. I think it shows that it COULD HAVE come from the back. But I've watched videos over the years where experts have shown that the shot COULD HAVE come from the front. So nothing is concrete.

I also asked about how can so many people be wrong in saying they absolutely heard shots from behind the picket fence and went running in that direction. A police officer got off his bike and ran up to the hill because he was certain the shots were from that area. These are questions I'm genuinely interested in, and I don't ever claim to be an expert. So wind your neck in please :)

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 6:01 pm 
post-structuralist

frontline did a good show on this recently in case anyone is interested...

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 11:25 pm 
Poster of the Year

PostPosted: Thu November 21, 2013 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh wow, that sounds really interesting.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 4:18 am 
AnalLog

cutuphalfdead wrote:

so the guy from Dire Straits grew a beard?!

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 7:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

RIP Officer Tippitt

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 7:55 pm 

BootsToAsses wrote:
Plus, watching different footage I'm amazed at how many people run straight for the grassy knoll after the shooting. Can that many people be wrong?

Isn't the normal thing to do is to run AWAY from where you thing the shooting is coming from? Why on earth would you run toward it?

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 7:56 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

The JFK assassination and Kronkites coverage really did invent rolling news coverage, eh?

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 7:59 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
The JFK assassination and Kronkites coverage really did invent rolling news coverage, eh?

I think the Apollo missions started it.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 8:55 pm 

why would the target car slow significantly after the first shot? to me that is the strangest aspect of it all...

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 9:03 pm 

Strange. Eisenhower also spoke about the military industrial complex in his final speech as president.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 9:04 pm 

BDB wrote:
why would the target car slow significantly after the first shot? to me that is the strangest aspect of it all...

And all SS agents were told to stand off on the day.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Green Habit wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh wow, that sounds really interesting.
And it has been interesting to watch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate