The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post subject: Re: JFK Assassination
PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 9:30 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

And, one bullet is supposed to have zig zagged back n forth between Kennedy and Connelly?

C'mon....

JFK. Came to Ireland a few months before this happened. The idea being to make Ireland the 51st state(aka can we build a military base here?) we said no to becoming American, but we let him build the base. Shannon airport is where most Middle East bound planes/transports/troops stop over for refuelling. Yey for neutrality.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 10:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh wow, that sounds really interesting.
And it has been interesting to watch.

I've had this on in the background all afternoon while I work. I was really struck by some of the early reports that came in regarding the details of the shooting (understandable, particularly given how difficult it was still was to transmit information during that time). The first report of a suspect was that a 20 year old negro in the 5th floor of the book depository shot the president. Then a couple who was seen running up the hill near the railroad overpass. Also, they reported that a secret service agent had also been shot and killed.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 10:41 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dimejinky99 wrote:
And, one bullet is supposed to have zig zagged back n forth between Kennedy and Connelly?

C'mon....

You know that the President was elevated in the limo, and that Connelly was sitting below and a little to the left of the President, right? With the trajectory of the bullet and the positions of those two, it's pretty clear that the bullet didn't "zig zag back and forth between Kennedy and Connelly." The "magic bullet" evidence has pretty much been debunked.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 10:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

watching the history channel now..interesting one on about the 24 hrs after the shooting..

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh wow, that sounds really interesting.
And it has been interesting to watch.

I've had this on in the background all afternoon while I work. I was really struck by some of the early reports that came in regarding the details of the shooting (understandable, particularly given how difficult it was still was to transmit information during that time). The first report of a suspect was that a 20 year old negro in the 5th floor of the book depository shot the president. Then a couple who was seen running up the hill near the railroad overpass. Also, they reported that a secret service agent had also been shot and killed.
Also, a lot of the early speculation on a motive came from the far right. Then just now, as Oswald and his past was identified, the speculation just like that shifted to the far left.

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 11:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Area Man Can Remember Exactly Where He Was, What He Was Doing When He Assassinated John F. Kennedy

LANGLEY, VA—Saying that he will never forget the events of that fateful day, local man Edgar Denton, 81, told reporters Friday that, five decades later, he could still recall exactly where he was and what he was doing the day he shot and killed former U.S. president John F. Kennedy.

“Everyone my age has a story about where they were when JFK was assassinated, and I’m no exception,” said Denton, emphasizing that his memories of the Friday morning in which he shouldered his M14 rifle, brought the presidential motorcade into his sights, and sent a bullet into the brain of the 35th president of the United States remain as vivid as ever. “I remember I was in Dallas at the time. Specifically, I was positioned behind a fence at street-level in Dealey Plaza right when I gunned down the president.”

“The image of everyone on the streets below panicking because I had just murdered the leader of the free world will stay with me for the rest of my life,” Denton continued.

Despite a full 50 years having passed since his covert assassination of a sitting U.S. president, Denton said that the day on which he killed Kennedy remains fresh in his mind, stressing that he could still recall, with complete clarity, the meticulous preparations he made in the minutes leading up to 12:30 in the afternoon on November 22, 1963.

In fact, the gunman confirmed that he could recall with pinpoint accuracy the exact location of the concealed sniper’s nest he was standing in that morning as he patiently waited for Kennedy’s 1961 Lincoln Continental to turn onto Elm Street and enter into his crosshairs. The contract killer also maintained that he remembers hearing Secret Service director James J. Rowley’s voice coming through his walkie-talkie giving him the go-ahead “like it was yesterday.”

Furthermore, Denton, a former Green Beret and lifelong Freemason, told reporters that the passage of time has in no way dulled the immense emotional impact of learning that the president had been successfully killed by him, saying that these mental impressions continue to be as lucid for him today as they were on the very day he eliminated JFK.

“When Walter Cronkite came on TV and told the nation that JFK was dead, it almost didn't feel real,” said Denton, recounting how he spent much of the historic afternoon inside a safe house, cleaning his rifle and thinking, “The president’s been shot by me. Oh my God, the president’s been shot by me.” “But despite how surreal it all was at the time, right now I could walk you through exactly what happened that day: hastily making my way to the rear entrance of the the Dal-Tex building, having the CIA pick me up and congratulate me, accepting $50,000 in bearer bonds. I could even tell you word for word what I wrote on that telegram to Ho Chi Minh.”

“I’ll never forget rushing home and hugging my wife and kids and telling them that everything would be all right,” added Denton, noting that he himself broke down into tears of joy upon realizing that the police had taken another suspect into custody.

Denton, who said that his violent unseating of the president and the aftermath remain among his most coherent memories, explained that he will regularly describe in pitch-perfect detail the circumstances of the slaying to his grandchildren.

However, the 81-year-old emphasized that JFK’s death is far more than just a personal matter.

Indeed, the hitman claimed that everyone who contributed to the plot has their own story about where they were when they received word that the extensively coordinated undertaking had been pulled off successfully, calling JFK’s assassination the defining moment of a generation for everybody who participated in the murder of the 35th president.

“Those of us who worked for months to put an end to the president’s life will always remember where they were on that day,” Denton said, referring to Dallas resident Abraham Zapruder, then–Postmaster General John A. Gronouski, and Vice President Lyndon Johnson, among many others. “For everyone who conspired to execute the president of the United States in broad daylight, that day will always be part of our shared experience.”

“It’s definitely way more memorable than that whole thing with his brother,” Denton added. “Honestly, I barely recollect doing that one at all.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-m ... -he,34647/

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 11:40 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
BDB wrote:
why would the target car slow significantly after the first shot? to me that is the strangest aspect of it all...

And all SS agents were told to stand off on the day.

cases are closing

PostPosted: Fri November 22, 2013 11:41 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

holyshitwhofuckincares

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat November 23, 2013 7:21 pm 
A Return To Form

--- wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
BDB wrote:
why would the target car slow significantly after the first shot? to me that is the strangest aspect of it all...

And all SS agents were told to stand off on the day.

cases are closing

Olivers are Stoning.

PostPosted: Sat November 23, 2013 11:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I must admit, however, that I've always been very suspicious of the Jack Ruby component.

PostPosted: Thu November 28, 2013 9:34 pm 
A Return To Form

Chris_H_2 wrote:
I must admit, however, that I've always been very suspicious of the Jack Ruby component.

There's not a lot there.

Guilt by association.

Not much else.

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate