Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

The Environment Thread
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2475
Page 18 of 20

Author:  Citizen Dick [ Wed February 12, 2020 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

tragabigzanda wrote:
Pretty cool. I studied aquaculture treatment of N and P quite a bit in college, and I'd never heard of this solution. And in Jeff Ament's hometown, no less!

Havre's Wastewater Woes Solved By Beer



Doody Evolution

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Wed February 12, 2020 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

Alright that’s pretty good

Author:  Citizen Dick [ Wed February 12, 2020 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

:hooray:

It was an interesting little read.

Author:  Bi_3 [ Wed February 12, 2020 10:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

https://www.iea.org/articles/global-co2 ... ns-in-2019

Quote:
The United States saw the largest decline in energy-related CO2 emissions in 2019 on a country basis – a fall of 140 Mt, or 2.9%, to 4.8 Gt. US emissions are now down almost 1 Gt from their peak in the year 2000, the largest absolute decline by any country over that period.

Author:  Stickman [ Thu April 23, 2020 2:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

New Michael Moore doc

Turns out Thanos was right.

Author:  Bi_3 [ Thu April 23, 2020 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

Yes, from an environmentalist standpoint, Thanos was right. If you want to save biodiversity on the planet the only answer is to slaughter all humans below the tropic of cancer (everything above is already destroyed and birth rates above it are below replacement) and ban people from living below that line.

Author:  Stickman [ Thu April 23, 2020 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

I moreso was referring to his "it’s a simple calculus. This universe is finite, its resources, finite. If life is left unchecked, life will cease to exist." riff.

Author:  Noangel [ Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

Stickman wrote:
I moreso was referring to his "it’s a simple calculus. This universe is finite, its resources, finite. If life is left unchecked, life will cease to exist." riff.


wrong about the universe...right about earth having finite resources...


its not something you can afford to be wrong about./..

Author:  Stickman [ Fri June 05, 2020 2:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

Pres. Trump has signed an executive order waiving environment protection regulations from a vast array of construction projects. Republicans railed against executive orders in the Obama era, calling them an unconstitutional power-grab. They have not objected to the more than 150 executive orders Pres. Trump has signed

Author:  96583UP [ Sat June 06, 2020 3:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

did you see that the hawaii place measured atmosphere C02 and it is still going up? despite coronavirus lockdown?

fuckin eh

https://www.ft.com/content/b3f309a3-ed87-474f-9ea0-d39bf4a5b246

Author:  Bi_3 [ Mon July 06, 2020 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

https://www.wired.com/story/nuclear-pow ... riso-fuel/

Quote:
“It is physically impossible—as in, against the laws of physics—for triso to melt in a reactor,”




Yet another solution to climate change we simply wont be doing because

Author:  elliseamos [ Thu July 16, 2020 12:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

NEPA has been gutted.

Author:  Orpheus [ Thu July 16, 2020 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

Bi_3 wrote:
https://www.wired.com/story/nuclear-power-balls-triso-fuel/

Quote:
“It is physically impossible—as in, against the laws of physics—for triso to melt in a reactor,”




Yet another solution to climate change we simply wont be doing because


I had no idea about these, very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Author:  Bi_3 [ Mon August 24, 2020 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

Solar Panels Are Starting to Die, Leaving Behind Toxic Trash

https://www.wired.com/story/solar-panel ... xic-trash/




Solar, as the tech exists today, is not the answer

Author:  The Town [ Tue August 25, 2020 6:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

Stickman wrote:
New Michael Moore doc

Turns out Thanos was right.

I didn't expect to watch the whole movie but I sure didn't turn it off until the end. So pretty compelling.
Some of the rhetorical devices used are heavy handed, but I thought the overall message is good to be reminded of.

Lately I've been especially enjoying my morning coffee thinking how lucky I am to have it.
This all kinda feels like the last party on Earth. Things are going to get a lot worse and who knows how many hundreds or how many thousands of years it'll take to recover.
I don't share the views of the film's last chapter.
I don't think humans are going to be capable of organizing to collectively stop living beyond our means before immense suffering due to climate change takes full effect.

Impossible Burger investor bets big on bean-free coffee

Author:  blueviper [ Tue August 25, 2020 5:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

The Town wrote:
Stickman wrote:
New Michael Moore doc

Turns out Thanos was right.

I didn't expect to watch the whole movie but I sure didn't turn it off until the end. So pretty compelling.
Some of the rhetorical devices used are heavy handed, but I thought the overall message is good to be reminded of.

Lately I've been especially enjoying my morning coffee thinking how lucky I am to have it.
This all kinda feels like the last party on Earth. Things are going to get a lot worse and who knows how many hundreds or how many thousands of years it'll take to recover.
I don't share the views of the film's last chapter.
I don't think humans are going to be capable of organizing to collectively stop living beyond our means before immense suffering due to climate change takes full effect.

Impossible Burger investor bets big on bean-free coffee



If Americans are on the brink of civil war because of wearing masks, you know we are not going to band together to save the Earth.

Author:  Bi_3 [ Tue August 25, 2020 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

blueviper wrote:
If Americans are on the brink of civil war because of wearing masks, you know we are not going to band together to save the Earth.


You're totally correct, so I would put forth that is the wrong argument. Maybe we should be framing it as "We economically destroy Russia, China, and Iran by converting to domestically produced low carbon energy ensuring another century of American domination".

Author:  B [ Mon September 07, 2020 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEE ... id=US%3Aen

Was this gender-reveal party under 10 people and we're they wearing masks?

Author:  elliseamos [ Mon September 07, 2020 4:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

B wrote:
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEEca24phGdI6tf0rg0UEZFcqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICMJyFxQU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Was this gender-reveal party under 10 people and we're they wearing masks?

were gonna have to wait and find out, B.

Author:  blueviper [ Mon September 07, 2020 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Environment Thread

elliseamos wrote:
B wrote:
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEEca24phGdI6tf0rg0UEZFcqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICMJyFxQU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Was this gender-reveal party under 10 people and we're they wearing masks?

were gonna have to wait and find out, B.


Looking at the gray smoke, does that mean the kid is going to be non-binary?

Page 18 of 20 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/