The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Cosby's Pudding Pop & Other Sexual Assault Stuff
PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 12:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
"Read my lips....yeah, read my lips...just like that..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... 1e2bd7c38d

I get the impression that no one is freaking out about this because everyone's grandparents say or do inexplicably bad things as they start the final decline.

Or maybe putting your hand on someone's waist and telling them a "dirty" joke isn't most people's definition of sexual assault.

was it only a hand on the waist?

I read on HuffPo that he pulled a 4 foot double-ended black dildo out of a rifle case and beat her anus with it while singing "closer" by NIN

which really shocked me, because I never would have thought in a million years he had such progressive musical tastes

just goes to show you can't judge a bush by its cover

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 1:34 am 
Looks Like a Cat

He changed his story to admit groping. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 1:52 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Bi_3 wrote:
He changed his story to admit groping. Ugh.

His revised statement is something else

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 4:33 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

ha

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 2:49 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

The joke Bush Sr. likes to tell when he grabs women by the rear is reportedly:

Quote:
"Do you want to know who my favorite magician is? David Cop-a-Feel!"

He should be put in jail for that alone.

https://www.avclub.com/george-h-w-bush- ... lMarketing

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 3:46 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Is this a generational thing? It's kinda blowing my mind that people (in public positions no less) think that touching or even harassment of this nature is in any way acceptable.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 3:51 pm 
My grandmother used to tell stories about literally being chased around her desk by her boss when she served in the WAVES during WW2.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:01 pm 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:
Is this a generational thing? It's kinda blowing my mind that people (in public positions no less) think that touching or even harassment of this nature is in any way acceptable.

Again, I just think that many people are familiar with elderly loved ones who go a little batty towards the end of their lives. I don't think for a second that HW was an outward misogynist in his younger days (his stance on abortion is another matter...). Seems to me that in a political climate that doesn't seem to value civility, it's somehow refreshing that the implied understanding is "Jesus christ, the guy is old and going to die soon, he probably doesn't even recognize what he's doing, let's just let him go peacefully."

My maternal grandparents never displayed any outward signs of bigotry in most of the years I knew them, but some pretty wild stuff would come out of their mouths in their last couple years. I didn't hold it against them; thoughts are like butterflies, just floating around. I can't fault them for letting a racial epithet slip out a few times before they died, and I wouldn't try to shame an elderly decrepit man who touched some woman's butt and and made a poor attempt at humor. Have we really become so overly sensitive that this feels threatening to people?

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:07 pm 
Polluted

wtf

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:15 pm 
Production Police

You snowflakes are overreacting. He's not withholding jobs or benefits from these women in exchange for sex; he's not trying to deny them any rights. He is, in fact, making these silly overtures IN FRONT OF HIS WIFE AND AIDES. The man is clearly losing his mind. We all walk around with our heads full of sexual thoughts all day; it's completely understandable that he's lost his filter as his mind has begun to deteriorate, and it's ok for you to show the man some compassion despite our current political/social atmosphere (vis-a-vis Weinstein, etc).

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:15 pm 
The Master

trag...you need to stop

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:16 pm 
Production Police

Jesus christ, you too verm? Any one of these women is free to smack the guy, call him out, whatever. It's already been brought to the press's attention. What else would you like to see happen? Does the guy deserve jail time or something?

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:18 pm 
Production Police

I'm reminded of the Louie episode where he takes his daughters to see their great-grandmother, and she uses the N-word repeatedly. His daughters are offended and think she needs to be called out; Louie explains she's very old, confused, and she comes from another time. Consider me on Team Louie on this one.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Again, I just think that many people are familiar with elderly loved ones who go a little batty towards the end of their lives. I don't think for a second that HW was an outward misogynist in his younger days (his stance on abortion is another matter...). Seems to me that in a political climate that doesn't seem to value civility, it's somehow refreshing that the implied understanding is "Jesus christ, the guy is old and going to die soon, he probably doesn't even recognize what he's doing, let's just let him go peacefully."

My maternal grandparents never displayed any outward signs of bigotry in most of the years I knew them, but some pretty wild stuff would come out of their mouths in their last couple years. I didn't hold it against them; thoughts are like butterflies, just floating around. I can't fault them for letting a racial epithet slip out a few times before they died, and I wouldn't try to shame an elderly decrepit man who touched some woman's butt and and made a poor attempt at humor. Have we really become so overly sensitive that this feels threatening to people?

Yeah, but (no pun intend) it's really the response of the person being touched to say if it's OK or not. If this woman said "not forgiven", then it's not forgiven. Like you, I would hope that his status as suffering from dementia in his advanced age would play into her response, but that response is not something anyone else should have a say on.

What I originally meant is that it appears lots of "public" men in their 50s appear to be guilty of this at work and that concept seems hard to believe to me. The first thing your are trained on everywhere I have worked is "no touching and no sex talk or no more job". Maybe it's part of my bubble.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:31 pm 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Yeah, but (no pun intend) it's really the response of the person being touched to say if it's OK or not. If this woman said "not forgiven", then it's not forgiven. Like you, I would hope that his status as suffering from dementia in his advanced age would play into her response, but that response is not something anyone else should have a say on.

What I originally meant is that it appears lots of "public" men in their 50s appear to be guilty of this at work and that concept seems hard to believe to me. The first thing your are trained on everywhere I have worked is "no touching and no sex talk or no more job". Maybe it's part of my bubble.

I agree in theory, but in reality this stuff gets politicized and woven into larger (totally valid) narratives about sexual assault. Is this particular case sexual assault? Perhaps technically; I don't know the legal definition. But trying to somehow connect this story to Weinstein et. al. feels disingenuous at best.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:35 pm 
Rank This Poster

You're setting up straw men that don't exist; besides the fact that Weinstein has brought this further into the public eye, who is saying that President H.W. Bush and Weinstein are one in the same. Additionally, I'm not under the impression that the elder Bush was suffering from dementia, and speaking as someone who's had considerable experience with folks suffering from dementia/late stage Alzheimer's, I've never seen a situation where it turns someone into a serial groper. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but your assertion that "this is just what the elderly do" is off-base.

No one's sending HW Bush to jail, so I don't know where that's coming from. I guess I don't really see how you could argue that publicity on this that makes it clear how not okay this is could possibly be a bad thing.

Last edited by digster on Thu October 26, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:37 pm 
Poster of the Year

People need to start randomly grabbing trag by the balls at work.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:38 pm 
Poster of the Year

Actually wait I just remembered trag employs teenagers. Scratch that.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i agree its not on the same level as harvey to me, but to the person who is being violated the only opinion that matters how bad it is, is the person its happening to. you, i or they have no right to tell someone how they should react to any given situation. to imply or state otherwise means there is now a text book that is kind of like a choose your own adventure.

PostPosted: Thu October 26, 2017 5:58 pm 
Production Police

digster wrote:
You're setting up straw men that don't exist; besides the fact that Weinstein has brought this further into the public eye, who is saying that President H.W. Bush and Weinstein are one in the same. Additionally, I'm not under the impression that the elder Bush was suffering from dementia, and speaking as someone who's had considerable experience with folks suffering from dementia/late stage Alzheimer's, I've never seen a situation where it turns someone into a serial groper. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but your assertion that "this is just what the elderly do" is off-base.

No one's sending HW Bush to jail, so I don't know where that's coming from. I guess I don't really see how you could argue that publicity on this that makes it clear how not okay this is could possibly be a bad thing.

You just wanted to use the term "straw men" to sound smart.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 53  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate