The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Israel & Palestine
PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 12:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dimejinky99 wrote:
Video of one of the mass graves

Dime, this isn’t correct:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 024-04-25/

Quote:
WHAT IS KNOWN ABOUT MASS GRAVES DISCOVERED IN GAZA?

Palestinian authorities said a grave site discovered at the Nasser hospital, the main medical facility in central Gaza, contained nearly 400 bodies. It was uncovered after Israeli troops pulled out of the city of Khan Younis.

Reuters reporters on Monday saw emergency workers digging corpses out of the ground in the ruins of Nasser hospital. Reuters video filmed in January showed the digging of a mass grave and the burial of bodies by Palestinians who said they had to do so at the Nasser hospital complex because of a lack of safe access to a proper burial site farther away.

Another grave site was also found by Palestinian authorities at the Al Shifa hospital in northern Gaza, which had been targeted by an Israeli special forces operation. Reuters has verified footage of the digging of graves near the hospital since November.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 2:33 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
If a dual citizen Israeli-American gets referred to the Hague for alleged crimes carried out in Israel, do we still get to invade the Netherlands?

I'm no lawyer, but I'd call that a delusional post.

The US official policy is that we won't allow US soldiers to be tried by the Hague. Invasion of the Netherlands is one possible implication, should an American end up there.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 3:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It’s probably some odd form of humor, but I can guarantee you that the USA will not invade The Netherlands anytime soon, even if an American was put on trial in The Hague. Both nations are part of NATO. The Netherlands is also in the EU.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 3:50 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Anders wrote:
It’s probably some odd form of humor, but I can guarantee you that the USA will not invade The Netherlands anytime soon, even if an American was put on trial in The Hague. Both nations are part of NATO. The Netherlands is also in the EU.

I'm a single issue voter, and that issue is maintaining strategic ambiguity on whether or not the US will invade the Netherlands.

PostPosted: Sat April 27, 2024 8:37 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Bi_3 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Video of one of the mass graves

Dime, this isn’t correct:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 024-04-25/

Quote:
WHAT IS KNOWN ABOUT MASS GRAVES DISCOVERED IN GAZA?

Palestinian authorities said a grave site discovered at the Nasser hospital, the main medical facility in central Gaza, contained nearly 400 bodies. It was uncovered after Israeli troops pulled out of the city of Khan Younis.

Reuters reporters on Monday saw emergency workers digging corpses out of the ground in the ruins of Nasser hospital. Reuters video filmed in January showed the digging of a mass grave and the burial of bodies by Palestinians who said they had to do so at the Nasser hospital complex because of a lack of safe access to a proper burial site farther away.

Another grave site was also found by Palestinian authorities at the Al Shifa hospital in northern Gaza, which had been targeted by an Israeli special forces operation. Reuters has verified footage of the digging of graves near the hospital since November.

There’s no point talking to you.

There’s video of IDF with diggers burying hundreds of bodies in blue and white bodybags.

Hospitals don’t bury corpses just outside on the lawn. It kind of ends badly. And if high believe that they do I have a bridge to sell you.

Anyways how could they bury bodies at the hospitals? Wouldn’t that interfere with all the tunnels under the hospitals? You did believe the story about the tunnels under all the hospitals right?

PostPosted: Mon April 29, 2024 11:42 am 

Arrest warrants coming out of the ICC in The Hague for Netenyahu and some of his cabinet.

Don’t worry though it’s not for genocide it’s only for starving millions of Palestinians.
Totally different thing. Right?

PostPosted: Mon April 29, 2024 11:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Oh to see that fucker do the perp walk for cameras everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue April 30, 2024 12:52 am 

Stickman wrote:

The US threatening the ICC to protect him was on everyone’s bingo card

PostPosted: Tue April 30, 2024 1:11 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

The DOD is currently reviewing plans for Operation Cracked Clog. Campaign ribbon design is being finalized.

PostPosted: Tue April 30, 2024 1:34 am 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

The DOD is currently reviewing plans for Operation Cracked Clog. Campaign ribbon design is being finalized.

I almost feel bad for the folks too simple to get the chain of events. Not really, but almost.

PostPosted: Tue April 30, 2024 2:02 am 

Explain it for us simpletons oh wise one. Bless us with your insight

PostPosted: Tue April 30, 2024 12:12 pm 

Totally normal. Rounding people up aged 1-100. They’ll be totally safe in custody don’t worry everyone. Nothing bad happens to Palestinians in Israel’s custody. It’s all good.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

I almost feel bad for the folks too simple to get the chain of events. Not really, but almost.

That doesn’t read like you feel bad, it reads like you think you have it all figured out. I would love to know where in your timeline of events is “35k dead in 6 months, 50-80% of infrastructure destroyed,” because while 10/7 itself was a shocker, the idea of escalation was not. The time line of events brings us here, where you are still arguing a narrative that has to do with proxy wars and larger, alterior motives, while Netanyahu flattens a society. People from within his own country highlight how the Netanyahu admin propped up Hamas, weakened the PA, expanded settlements at a record pace and actually vowed in public more than once that Palestinians will never have a state. Now this is the man in charge of prosecuting a war in Gaza, and the results are exactly as we knew they’d be, and whatever good faith Israel had in this world has evaporated.

Tell us what we’re missing. I’m always curious if the people calling others simple are able to clearly answer the simple parts of the issue. And if your arguments boils down to something like “we’re playing into Iran’s hands” or “the simple people are taking us the wrong way,” what’s the answer to that? If the whole world is losing faith in Israel, doesn’t that mean the terrorists are winning? Can we even defeat them without taking away the issues that give them power, like having 2 million in the Gaza Strip living perpetually as refugees? How does this not all circle back to the actual situation on the ground where they stand, and what to do about it right now? Does anyone believe Israel is going to stop on its own and rebuild any of this? For other people? They are just bombing the whole thing into darker times.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

That doesn’t read like you feel bad, it reads like you think you have it all figured out. I would love to know where in your timeline of events is “35k dead in 6 months, 50-80% of infrastructure destroyed,” because while 10/7 itself was a shocker, the idea of escalation was not. The time line of events brings us here, where you are still arguing a narrative that has to do with proxy wars and larger, alterior motives, while Netanyahu flattens a society. People from within his own country highlight how the Netanyahu admin propped up Hamas, weakened the PA, expanded settlements at a record pace and actually vowed in public more than once that Palestinians will never have a state. Now this is the man in charge of prosecuting a war in Gaza, and the results are exactly as we knew they’d be, and whatever good faith Israel had in this world has evaporated.

Tell us what we’re missing. I’m always curious if the people calling others simple are able to clearly answer the simple parts of the issue. And if your arguments boils down to something like “we’re playing into Iran’s hands” or “the simple people are taking us the wrong way,” what’s the answer to that? If the whole world is losing faith in Israel, doesn’t that mean the terrorists are winning? Can we even defeat them without taking away the issues that give them power, like having 2 million in the Gaza Strip living perpetually as refugees? How does this not all circle back to the actual situation on the ground where they stand, and what to do about it right now? Does anyone believe Israel is going to stop on its own and rebuild any of this? For other people? They are just bombing the whole thing into darker times.

Let's game it out. Knowing that Israel is a non-signatory country (like the US, Russia, China, etc.), why would the ICC want to bring charges against Israeli leaders?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Let's game it out. Knowing that Israel is a non-signatory country (like the US, Russia, China, etc.), why would the ICC want to bring charges against Israeli leaders?

This is exactly what I’m talking about. There is always some alterior motive. Something other than Israeli bombs destroying a territory that needs to be analyzed, maps drawn, strategies arranged…. Meanwhile, in the time it took me to type this, there’s been probably 2-3 more buildings destroyed and a few people killed. We are 7 months in and it’s still “defeat Hamas” and no real strategy, just more and more a situation where there is going to be nothing left for anyone to go back to. So tell me why I should care about some international court that we all know America will shield Israel from. And frankly, when even our senior citizen “life alert” President musters enough energy to show visible frustration with Netanyahu, maybe there is reason for the world wide protests and extreme reactions.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Ok, so why bring charges if the court doesn’t matter? More accurately, why would there be “media rumors” of charges now?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:48 pm 
Future Drummer

I do not know the answer. What I see is a lot of death and destruction in a very short period of time, and protests in various forms popping up and growing. If we all know Israel isn’t abiding by international rules, and I’m not sure anyone is really arguing they are, then the court has a function in this. Whether these are the proper charges or not, or if they are good at their job is beyond my knowledge. You consistently answer this issue with the arguments we hear during quieter times, when it’s all about Iran and their militia proxies. I’m not sure this is what is in people’s minds when they’re seeing the results of American made bombs littering the Gazan landscape, which is in rubble. The small minded are bountiful and Israel is losing the battle of opinion, with a prime minister that does not seem to care at all about that.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:58 pm 
Future Drummer

Israel’s reputation is as key to its security as anything else. We’re watching it be shattered. I personally think all college kids are idiots for at least those 4 years, but there is a younger generation that only knows Netanyahu. I see no way that the Israel of 20-25 years ago, when we were college age, would conduct a war like this, no matter what happened.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:18 pm 
Future Drummer

can someone give me a tl;dr on this thread

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:19 pm 
Future Drummer

are we rooting for israel or palestine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate