The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Immigrant Fights (Florida vs. Martha's Vineyard)
PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

has DeSantis be charged with human trafficking yet

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 1:42 am 
The Master

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:15 am 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Many of them have come from a literal continent away (uninvited btw). I don't think a fucking plane ride to Martha's Vineyard is going to hurt them. Please don't try to convince me this is any more than a minor inconvenience.

They told people who had ICE meetings in a week in San Antonio that they were going to Boston. They told them that jobs and homes were waiting for them there. They let them believe that lie the entire way to a destination they fully intended to leave them at with no explanation.

Your political anger is rotting out your inner core.

Sending them on buses to liberal cities is fine with me. What you described above is not.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:22 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

spike wrote:

Boy it's a good thing they're in the right hands now, huh? Thanks checkmark!

Imagine, they could be surrounded by all those evil, racist Texans and Floridians. They only care about themselves!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 3:03 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

So, is the point that because immigrants sometimes walk into Texas no other state knows the burden of taking on immigrants?

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 4:12 am 
mXn

BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:

Imagine, they could be surrounded by all those evil, racist Texans and Floridians. They only care about themselves!

That’s a pretty nice looking house she is set up in front of. I wonder how many spare bedrooms it has.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 11:22 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
That's probably a pretty expensive flight I would think, but as long as its's done for the right reasons (collapse), I suppose it's ok...

Glad you understand that. But mostly it was just very profitable.

But yeah its all just motivated by simple malice. They just want to hurt people. Because its funny. They are psychopaths.

-Fin-

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 11:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:

It's the govenors, not the people of those states.

Bammer wrote:
That’s a pretty nice looking house she is set up in front of. I wonder how many spare bedrooms it has.
There are big empty houses in Florida, too. Totally irrelevant.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:03 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

It's not irrelevant at all.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:25 pm 
mXn

elliseamos wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:

It's the govenors, not the people of those states.

Bammer wrote:

Whooosh!

By the way, Bi_3 help us out here man. A far better thread title would be Immigrant Throng. Do the right thing.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

elliseamos wrote:

<snip out the tweet>

It's the governors, not the people of those states.

Bammer wrote:

The people of Florida and Texas elected DeSantis and Abbott, they are the representation the majority wants.

There's two pieces of this. The exploitation and manipulation of vulnerable people, particularly people who are in legal jeopardy that they don't understand, and are at the mercy of these governors, is despicable. If what McP said posted is accurate, then this is pretty bad.

BUT, there is a reason they can get away with this. The people in those states have an outsized burden on them to care for illegal immigrants. It is incredibly disruptive and damaging for those states. You might even called it a 'disparate impact'. And for the people who have to deal with this and the impacts on public health and public safety every single day to have to sit there listen while they are called bigots and white supremacists for want to stop millions from crossing that border each year by people who have little skin in this game... I get why the Abbott and DeSantis voters would say 'fuck you, you want this you deal with it'. Here in the DC area, the mayor of DC had to call in the National Guard to support them in dealing with a couple of bus loads of folks sent from Texas. And that's in the dozens, not the hundreds of thousands. It's a perception of fairness back to the states that want to stop illegal immigration. Another side of this is that a lot of folks view that attitude, that the illegal immigrants shouldn't come to Brooklyn or DC or the Vineyard, and instead should stay in Texas and Florida, as a way for blue states to seize political power there. The 'demographics are destiny' thing and 'Hispanic minorities will turn Texas blue'. You might even say a lot of the DeSantis/Abbott crowd see the rejection of enforcing border integrity at the federal level as a great effort to replace them.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 1:11 pm 

You know they're just gonna call you an evil racist, right?

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 1:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
You know they're just gonna call you an evil racist, right?

Why? it's not Thursday.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:06 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Bammer wrote:
By the way, Bi_3 help us out here man. A far better thread title would be Immigrant Throng. Do the right thing.

Immigrant flights

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:07 pm 
mXn

Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Immigrant flights

Which fucking Led Zep song are you punning, pal?

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:08 pm 

Jorge wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Immigrant flights

Until this moment I thought that's what it said...

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:12 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

This was a mod create thread, I disavow all of it.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 3:14 pm 
mXn

Bi_3 wrote:
This was a mod create thread, I disavow all of it.

Noted

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 4:53 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:

Oh, this was a serious post?

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 4:58 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

<snip out the tweet>

It's the governors, not the people of those states.

Bammer wrote:

The people of Florida and Texas elected DeSantis and Abbott, they are the representation the majority wants.

There's two pieces of this. The exploitation and manipulation of vulnerable people, particularly people who are in legal jeopardy that they don't understand, and are at the mercy of these governors, is despicable. If what McP said posted is accurate, then this is pretty bad.

BUT, there is a reason they can get away with this. The people in those states have an outsized burden on them to care for illegal immigrants. It is incredibly disruptive and damaging for those states. You might even called it a 'disparate impact'. And for the people who have to deal with this and the impacts on public health and public safety every single day to have to sit there listen while they are called bigots and white supremacists for want to stop millions from crossing that border each year by people who have little skin in this game... I get why the Abbott and DeSantis voters would say 'fuck you, you want this you deal with it'. Here in the DC area, the mayor of DC had to call in the National Guard to support them in dealing with a couple of bus loads of folks sent from Texas. And that's in the dozens, not the hundreds of thousands. It's a perception of fairness back to the states that want to stop illegal immigration. Another side of this is that a lot of folks view that attitude, that the illegal immigrants shouldn't come to Brooklyn or DC or the Vineyard, and instead should stay in Texas and Florida, as a way for blue states to seize political power there. The 'demographics are destiny' thing and 'Hispanic minorities will turn Texas blue'. You might even say a lot of the DeSantis/Abbott crowd see the rejection of enforcing border integrity at the federal level as a great effort to replace them.

It’s far and away the first part. We all know why De Santis is doing the other part, and it’s self serving.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate