The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Immigrant Fights (Florida vs. Martha's Vineyard)
PostPosted: Fri September 16, 2022 11:14 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Forget about that. This is what you should really be worried about:

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri September 16, 2022 11:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

muttuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:
This isn’t political. We’re simply calling you an asshole.

That's the point, genius. You literally can't do anything else.

Nothing more is required.

Stop digging!

Don’t worry he won’t get any deeper than 25 feet

:rimshot:

If you're an accelerationist, Burt, wouldn't it make more sense to fly them to Ukraine? "If you want freedom fight for it!" The "this is politics" approach is ignoring that people elect those that are in charge. Which I know is a problem the GOP is trying to change, but why is it that "the others" that come to the US for a better life have to automatically be treated as Ds? Why not actually do something for them and increase the labor market to bust the unions by driving up unemployment which would hurt Biden and the prospects of a D controlled Senate & House? That seems like the political approach. This seems like malice. This seems like shitting on another human being... that didn't pay money and request to be shit on.

PostPosted: Fri September 16, 2022 11:37 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

elliseamos wrote:
If you're an accelerationist, Burt, wouldn't it make more sense to fly them to Ukraine?

That's probably a pretty expensive flight I would think, but as long as its's done for the right reasons (collapse), I suppose it's ok...

elliseamos wrote:
Why not actually do something for them and increase the labor market to bust the unions by driving up unemployment which would hurt Biden and the prospects of a D controlled Senate & House? That seems like the political approach.

Yeah that was roughly the republican (and democrat) approach to destroying unions for a couple of decades at least. Glad you understand that. But mostly it was just very profitable.
elliseamos wrote:
This seems like malice. This seems like shitting on another human being... that didn't pay money and request to be shit on.

Oh it seems like malice. ok. I can't imagine any anti-immigration opinion that wouldn't be considered as malice. But yeah its all just motivated by simple malice. They just want to hurt people. Because its funny. They are psychopaths.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri September 16, 2022 11:49 pm 

And what's the deal with is this "coming here for a better life" thing? How does no one ever stop and think "so what?" I mean, who on earth isn't trying to make a better life for themselves? Even a suicidal person is trying to improve their lot. Would it be bad if they were coming here to make their lives worse or something? Who cares?

It's not even good rhetoric. you might as well say they are coming here for selfish reasons. I can appreciate the recognition that we all act from purely egoistic reasons, but it doesn't really follow that it entitles anyone to anything.

It's a very weird argumentative fallacy that they haven't given a name to yet. Yet no one questions it.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:10 am 
Poster of the Year

spike wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
That's a real tragedy that undoubtedly dwarfs the conditions in whatever 3rd world country they came from. You're on crack if you think they aren't coming out ahead on this.

Shipping people thousands of miles away from their ICE hearings without communicating to the relevant agencies or helping them resolve address and other contact issues seems like a pretty good way to trick them into being sent back to “whatever 3rd world country they came from” (most were from Venezuela). It sounds more like the kind of thing you do when you don’t give one fucking shit what your little stunt might do to their lives.

If you think about it, none of Burt’s delusions work without viewing humans as cattle. We shouldn’t be surprised here.

Yep, anyone who thinks this is good or even neutral but funny is a giant piece of shit. Another new low for RM's finest.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:11 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Rounding up a bunch of folks, lying to them about where they're going, and dumping them halfway across the country for a political stunt is definitionally an act of malice. You would have to have a dog's brain not to realize that.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:13 am 

Get back to me with how many people are gonna get deported over this, geniuses.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:14 am 
Poster of the Year

Mickey wrote:
Rounding up a bunch of folks, lying to them about where they're going, and dumping them halfway across the country for a political stunt is definitionally an act of malice. You would have to have a dog's brain not to realize that.

Some really fucked up details coming out from the immigration lawyers that went to the island to talk to these people.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:19 am 

Another funny thing is how rapidly the narrative programming propagated throughout the network. Total hive mind. Let me know when you develop a take that wasn't given to you by a checkmark.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:20 am 
Poster of the Year

You're cheerleading the road to genocide. The world would be better without you.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:21 am 

Norris wrote:
You're cheerleading the road to genocide. The world would be better without you.

Very sane.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
Another funny thing is how rapidly the narrative programming propagated throughout the network. Total hive mind. Let me know when you develop a take that wasn't given to you by a checkmark.

Extremely telling that you think "it's bad to put people on a plane and lie to them about where they're going to get 72 hours of headlines for yourself" is an opinion that has to be delivered to someone, rather than something that is self-evident.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:28 am 

I think its telling that being sent to a liberal enclave that is literally called a sanctuary from ICE, where they'll be just fine, is treated as somehow a horrible war crime on par with the concentration camps.

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Sat September 17, 2022 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:30 am 
Poster of the Year

no no the concentration camps are a later step

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

"It's actually good to lie to people about where they're going, because they won't be deported when they get there."

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:31 am 
Poster of the Year

not just lie to them, but then give them false information to put on their paper work to increase the odds that this won't have a happy ending

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:37 am 

Yeah it's a real tragedy unfolding here.

Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:42 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
This whole story seems like it should be a straight forward human trafficking case. Abbott and DeSantis can share a cell with Bannon.

Which of RM’s resident ghouls will attempt to justify this tactic?

How many disenfranchised South Americans have you personally invited to stay over at your place?

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:55 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

Your gaslighting is off the charts.

Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 12:56 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
This whole story seems like it should be a straight forward human trafficking case. Abbott and DeSantis can share a cell with Bannon.

Which of RM’s resident ghouls will attempt to justify this tactic?

How many disenfranchised South Americans have you personally invited to stay over at your place?

lol u got me

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate