The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Midterm Elections
PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 3:51 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Yeah, but they can probably just pass anti-choice policies as legislation anyway.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 5:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

4/5 wrote:
Yeah, but they can probably just pass anti-choice policies as legislation anyway.

RThere's two playbooks in PA right now. One is to get Mastriano elected as governor and simply pass abortion restrictions the traditional way (GOP has owned PA legislature for almost two decades, I think). The other is to do a constitutional amendement, which means passing a bill in both houses in two consecutive sessions and then having a public referendum on it. PA GOP has been making noise about the latter after being stymied by Wolf for eight years, but I suspect Kansas is a sign that they should focus their efforts on the statehouse.

IIRC during the Indiana Abortion Ban debate, some of the Dem Senators tried to add an amendment making the law contingent on a statewide referendum, and were (predictably) shot down. When you control the statehouse and the legislature, why bother going back to the people?

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 7:48 pm 
Rank This Poster

i know there's a lot of idiots in this state, but i don't see anyway mastriano wins. the upper middle class in delco and montco who are registered republicans aren't voting for this crazy man. same thing w. dr. oz. if either one of these bozo's win i'm moving back to jersey.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 8:15 pm 
The Master

warehouse wrote:
i know there's a lot of idiots in this state, but i don't see anyway mastriano wins. the upper middle class in delco and montco who are registered republicans aren't voting for this crazy man. same thing w. dr. oz. if either one of these bozo's win i'm moving back to jersey.

That bad, huh?

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 8:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

as a whole, who has better sandwiches? penn or nj?

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 8:27 pm 
The Master

I’ve heard authentic cheesesteaks kinda suck.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 8:30 pm 
Future Drummer

The correct answer is New York and Connecticut. CT has the best pizza for sure, but for sandwiches, NY and CT also reign supreme. :)

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 8:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 9:10 pm 
Rank This Poster

well now i'm gonna have a cheesesteak for dinner out of spite, jerks

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 9:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If you buy your "authentic cheesesteak" at the Times Square of cheesesteaks I don't really know how to help you. The most transcendent cheesesteak I had in Philly was at a shack in South Philly.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 9:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

warehouse wrote:

I dunno man, after 2016 I'm wary of saying "republicans won't vote for this crazy man!" I think Fetterman is going to demolish Dr. Oz but Fetterman has a good media and ground game and Dr. Oz is a historically unlikeable candidate. Shapiro has the personality of wet cardboard and comes off as another do-nothing Dem. So I could see a low-turnout midterm with fired-up Republicans (mad about inflation or whatever) leading to a Mastriano win, as horrifying as that would be.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 9:37 pm 
Rank This Poster

Mickey wrote:
warehouse wrote:

I dunno man, after 2016 I'm wary of saying "republicans won't vote for this crazy man!" I think Fetterman is going to demolish Dr. Oz but Fetterman has a good media and ground game and Dr. Oz is a historically unlikeable candidate. Shapiro has the personality of wet cardboard and comes off as another do-nothing Dem. So I could see a low-turnout midterm with fired-up Republicans (mad about inflation or whatever) leading to a Mastriano win, as horrifying as that would be.

i understand what you're saying, it's hard to write anything off after 2016. i'm just hoping the people who voted for trump in 2016 and flipped for biden in 2020 come out to vote. unfortunately i think that's who decides this race. they just need to vote.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:12 am 
Future Drummer

spike wrote:

There's no such thing as an "authentic cheesesteak". They are made various ways in Philly proper. The good ones have provolone, onions, hot peppers & marinara sauce...which is how they make them in the rest of Pennsylvania. The shitty ones have fucking Cheez Whiz on them, which has been outright rejected as bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:34 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
spike wrote:

There's no such thing as an "authentic cheesesteak". They are made various ways in Philly proper. The good ones have provolone, onions, hot peppers & marinara sauce...which is how they make them in the rest of Pennsylvania. The shitty ones have fucking Cheez Whiz on them, which has been outright rejected as bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2022 1:58 pm 
The Master

Liz Cheney will make a POTUS bid, lose to Trump, then become his VP to reunite the GOP.

PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2022 5:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Put that shiz in the predictions thread playa

PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2022 5:25 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

She'll run as a third party to spoil Trump, and the liberal media will run round the clock coverage of her to make her appear to be relevant.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2022 5:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'll be a canadian citizen by then hopefully and don't give s shit..

PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2022 5:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

By 2024 I hope to be a leading voice in the British Columbia "Build The Wall" month.

PostPosted: Wed August 17, 2022 7:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Stuart Thompson, 75, a self-described longtime friend of former Vice President Dick Cheney, said he’s one of the only people in his county who hung a Cheney sign outside their home.

“I don’t see, now, any lane for her to get the Republican nomination,” Thompson acknowledged. “But I’m hopeful that there are enough regular Republicans — Reagan Republicans, whatever you want to call them — that somehow they can get together and rejoin the party. Somehow.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/1 ... n-00052316

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate