The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine
PostPosted: Sat January 14, 2023 3:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sat January 14, 2023 5:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

At what point does RU arms run out?

PostPosted: Sat January 14, 2023 6:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 3:24 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Allegedly a KH-22, which travels at mach 4.6 and has a CEP of 600m or so, which is fine if it's armed with a nuclear warhead and aimed at an American Carrier group.

Ukraine doesn't have anything that can intercept them, which is why they get through, but they are also useless as anything other than a terror weapon.

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 6:48 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Seems the Russians are running out of weapons if they’re now using those missiles.

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 10:53 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

First Germany was the one blocking the EU sanctions against Russia and now everyone are waiting for their decision on sending the Leopard tanks to Ukraine. Other EU countries need Germany's permission to send the tanks, and they're once again just sitting on their hands.

PostPosted: Mon January 16, 2023 12:04 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon January 16, 2023 12:50 am 
what on earth am I talking about

contamination wrote:
First Germany was the one blocking the EU sanctions against Russia and now everyone are waiting for their decision on sending the Leopard tanks to Ukraine. Other EU countries need Germany's permission to send the tanks, and they're once again just sitting on their hands.

Except not a single word of that is true.

PostPosted: Mon January 16, 2023 2:04 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

Rank them.

PostPosted: Mon January 16, 2023 3:14 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
contamination wrote:

Except not a single word of that is true.

Leopard(2) tanks are probably the most common non ex-Soviet tanks in European inventories. Are the Germans not blocking the re-export of these from the various European countries that are interested in sending them to Ukraine?

I know the Irish military is well experienced in UN backed sex tourism, but other than that, what special knowledge on martial matters do your people possess?

PostPosted: Wed January 18, 2023 11:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 11:39 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 5:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 5:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Seems strange to send tanks into a modern combat zone, particularly given how successful UKR has been against Russian heavy armor.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 7:27 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Seems strange to send tanks into a modern combat zone, particularly given how successful UKR has been against Russian heavy armor.

Russia sending unsupported columns of tanks into Grozny didn't prove them to be obsolete back in the 90s. Doing a slightly less terrible version of that in Ukraine doesn't do so now.

(Probably) having to ship everything back to Poland for major maintenance is going to be a headache I imagine.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 9:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Russia sending unsupported columns of tanks into Grozny didn't prove them to be obsolete back in the 90s. Doing a slightly less terrible version of that in Ukraine doesn't do so now.

(Probably) having to ship everything back to Poland for major maintenance is going to be a headache I imagine.

Fewer suicide drones in the 90s and a far less cooperative populace if American tanks roll into the eastern edge of UKR.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 9:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Fewer suicide drones in the 90s and a far less cooperative populace if American tanks roll into the eastern edge of UKR.

Do the pro Russian separatists care whether they are being shot at by 120mm cannons rather than 125mm?

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2023 2:44 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Can we do a no fly zone now?

Things seem escalated.

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2023 4:34 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Might as well just declare open war on Russia at this point and get the nuclear annihilation over with.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2023 4:52 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Might as well just declare open war on Russia at this point and get the nuclear annihilation over with.

Naw, we give the Ukrainians F-35s with US pilots and claim they're Ukranian to finally get revenge for the Korean War (not really).

This is in no way an escalation, and as the Russians believe this whole endeavor to be critical to their future, doing anything other than twisting Ukraine's arm into unconditional surrender is "escalation".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 87  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate