The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

I simply love them all
Team Soros 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Team Thiel 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Team Musk 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Re: Are you Team Soros or Team Thiel or Team Musk? (Poll tim
PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The funniest part is that Musk thinks other companies choosing not to spend their advertising money on his platform is blackmail.

Second funniest part is the way he tries to cool-kid shrug at the start of it.

Third funniest is probably anybody dumb enough to be like “hell yeah he said fuck you that means he got em”

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:19 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The Argonaut wrote:
interviewer: you run a business where you make money by selling ads, but you're alienating advertisers and they won't want to do business with you

Musk: then the earth will know it is their fault when my business dies. Ask the earth. Fuck advertisers anyway.

Interviewer: ok, well, if ads suck so much, maybe you should change your business model and make money some other way

Musk: buuuu ppuul mmm uh ah ae oh we shall ask the earth

he had to be drunk right?

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:19 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

BurtReynolds wrote:
He's often so close to getting it, but his narcissism prevents him from getting there.

That's because everything he's read for the last ten years has been max 240 characters long and you can't really come to a full understanding of anything that way. He's vaguely aware that certain concepts exist, but his brain has rotted from disuse

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:31 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Telling advertisers to fuck off is objectively good in all universes and is worth a thumbs up, and people shaking their heads from their cubicles (where they work to make billionaires richer) just look really stupid.

Being the richest man on earth, the correct thing for him to do is not worry about advertisers at all and run it as his own personal media site. And it would be good for people to have at least one media site that is an alternative to all the advertiser dominated ones. Unfortunately, tomorrow he'll be begging them back, because he has the memory of a goldfish and no consistency.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

When your third favorite oligarchic overlord tells off your least favorite oligarchic overlord:

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Telling advertisers to fuck off is objectively good in all universes and is worth a thumbs up, and people shaking their heads from their cubicles (where they work to make billionaires richer) just look really stupid.

Being the richest man on earth, the correct thing for him to do is not worry about advertisers at all and run it as his own personal media site. And it would be good for people to have at least one media site that is an alternative to all the advertiser dominated ones. Unfortunately, tomorrow he'll be begging them back, because he has the memory of a goldfish and no consistency.

so he will self fund twitter from his own pockets instead of relying on advertisers to do so? doesnt seem smart to use your own money when you can use someone else's money but what do i know, im sitting behind a desk supporting other people who make a few millions a year

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:51 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Being the richest man on earth, the correct thing for him to do is not worry about advertisers at all and run it as his own personal media site.

I don’t understand why he or anyone would do that or even what kind of site it would be.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:54 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Peeps wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

so he will self fund twitter from his own pockets instead of relying on advertisers to do so?

Yeah why not? That's literally what fuck you money is. Small price to pay to own one of the largest megaphones in existence. You confuse money with power. Monetary wealth is a great indicator of power up to a certain point, but then it diverges. Sometimes I think Musk gets this, but then he does something to disappoint me.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:55 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

The Argonaut wrote:
Musk: buuuu ppuul mmm uh ah ae oh we shall ask the earth

Lmao

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:56 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Peeps wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

so he will self fund twitter from his own pockets instead of relying on advertisers to do so?

Yeah why not? That's literally what fuck you money is. Small price to pay to own one of the largest megaphones in existence. You confuse money with power. Monetary wealth is a great indicator of power up to a certain point, but then it diverges. Sometimes I think Musk gets this, but then he does something to disappoint me.

Does Musk actually have fuck you money, or is his wealth tied up in the value of his companies? (This is a genuine question)

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:57 pm 
Future Drummer

His whole fortune is predicated on convincing people his companies are valuable and they should want stock in them. Well sorry, 95% of it, the rest is from government handouts and his dad.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:59 pm 

tommy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Peeps wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Does Musk actually have fuck you money, or is his wealth tied up in the value of his companies? (This is a genuine question)

Good question. he's probably leveraged to the hilt.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 4:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bart wrote:
His whole fortune is predicated on convincing people his companies are valuable and they should want stock in them. Well sorry, 95% of it, the rest is from government handouts and his dad.

so basically he is a marketer and should be put to death according to tommy

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 4:09 pm 
Future Drummer

He is a symptom of everything that Burt’s Twitter feed complains about, but none of them can see this because they have confused being a wealthy but obnoxious and emotionally desperate prick with being an alpha or whatever they’re calling it this week

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 4:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bart wrote:
He is a symptom of everything that Burt’s Twitter feed complains about, but none of them can see this because they have confused being a wealthy but obnoxious and emotionally desperate prick with being an alpha or whatever they’re calling it this week

that too

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 4:12 pm 

Watch this. Internalize it. Live it.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 4:16 pm 
Future Drummer

Peeps wrote:
bart wrote:

so basically he is a marketer and should be put to death according to tommy

I'd have no problem with this. I also consider politics to be an extension of Advertising.

PostPosted: Fri December 01, 2023 9:02 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Imagine paying 80k (base) for this and then telling people you drive a "truck".

PostPosted: Fri December 01, 2023 9:05 pm 
Future Drummer

I really don't get that stupid thing. Didn't they just slash the range from 500 miles to around 300?

PostPosted: Fri December 01, 2023 9:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Imagine you’re still waiting for the Tesla roadster you prepurchased for $50,000 4 years ago, and you see that s-tier joke hit the market instead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate