The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

I simply love them all
Team Soros 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Team Thiel 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Team Musk 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Re: Are you Team Soros or Team Thiel or Team Musk? (Poll tim
PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:31 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Fuck you money in action, but why is it always the crazy guys who understand the concept?

that isnt fuck you money in action. he is willing to damage the company he bought and has arguably driven into the ground because he is unwilling to admit he fucked up and has a set of beliefs that are out of alignment of many of the companies that were willing to advertise on his site. this isnt blackmail as he put tried to spin it but the morons that worship his every move and breath will believe that

The Master

Peeps wrote:
make no mistake, probably 65-70% of items advertised are things you need

do you though?

An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Does Peeps work in advertising?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:33 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Does Peeps work in advertising?

he grew up in the late 70s and the 80s. never stood a chance.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Peeps wrote:
tommy wrote:
The goal of advertising is to make people feel bad so they'll buy shit they don't need. Obviously I'm being hyperbolic in saying they should be killed, but society would 100% be better off if they all went away.

actually the goal of advertising is inform you of (new) products, persuade you to buy theirs and remind you that they are out there. there are many things in general that are advertised that are needed (like food, drink, clothing etc..) and each of these have different levels of the product from your most basic to ones that while do the same job as the basic are created and produced in such a way that makes them more expensive. it all depends on what level you are willing to pay and the item you want. make no mistake, probably 65-70% of items advertised are things you need and the rest are items that you may want

I think I'd be able to feed and clothe myself without advertising.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:42 pm 
The Master

peeps' house is packed with that "as seen on tv" crap

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:43 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Peeps wrote:
tommy wrote:
The goal of advertising is to make people feel bad so they'll buy shit they don't need. Obviously I'm being hyperbolic in saying they should be killed, but society would 100% be better off if they all went away.

actually the goal of advertising is inform you of (new) products, persuade you to buy theirs and remind you that they are out there. there are many things in general that are advertised that are needed (like food, drink, clothing etc..) and each of these have different levels of the product from your most basic to ones that while do the same job as the basic are created and produced in such a way that makes them more expensive. it all depends on what level you are willing to pay and the item you want. make no mistake, probably 65-70% of items advertised are things you need and the rest are items that you may want

This is one of the most adorably naive posts I've ever read here (and this is coming from someone who sometimes works in advertisement and who Tommy wants dead)

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:48 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:

not even close. im a minimalist at heart

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Jorge wrote:
Peeps wrote:
tommy wrote:

This is one of the most adorably naive posts I've ever read here (and this is coming from someone who sometimes works in advertisement and who Tommy wants dead)

when you see something advertised (in print or video) their goal is to let you know about their product, try to convince you to buy their product or remind you that their product is out there. behind the scenes they hope to get your money, control highest market share they can and convince you to buy their product and by getting your money make as much money as they can

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:54 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
spike wrote:

not even close. im a minimalist at heart

easy to achieve when you're good with that 65-70% assessment

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
Peeps wrote:
make no mistake, probably 65-70% of items advertised are things you need

do you though?

food, shelter, clothing, jobs. id say you need those things

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:55 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Peeps wrote:
tommy wrote:

when you see something advertised (in print or video) their goal is to let you know about their product, try to convince you to buy their product or remind you that their product is out there. behind the scenes they hope to get your money, control highest market share they can and convince you to buy their product and by getting your money make as much money as they can

how do they try to convince you?

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Peeps wrote:
tommy wrote:

they try to make their product as dreamy as possible. i dont think thats a big secret or something i did not know.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:58 pm 
Future Drummer

advertising doesn’t work on me

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 2:58 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
spike wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Peeps wrote:
tommy wrote:

they try to make their product as dreamy as possible. i dont think thats a big secret or something i did not know.

could you provide some examples?

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:01 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bart wrote:
advertising doesn’t work on me

if anything if i find a commerical annoying ill refuse to buy that particular product and be stubborn about it.

i havent swtiched to liberty insurance even though there commericals arent bad as far as insurance commercials go. While i do have a kia seltos i do despise the kia soul and consider it the crocs of the automotive world due to the hamster commercial.

about the only advertising that i pay attention to are movies and tv shows to see if it is something i may or may not like

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:02 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
Peeps wrote:
spike wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Peeps wrote:
tommy wrote:

could you provide some examples?

food commercials come to mind. using paste and glue in cereal commercials as milk, laquer to make a food item appear more appealing etc..

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:05 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Was Musk talking to Bob Iger when he said "hi, Bob?" Lol I would highly approve of that message.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:11 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

interviewer: you run a business where you make money by selling ads, but you're alienating advertisers and they won't want to do business with you

Musk: then the earth will know it is their fault when my business dies. Ask the earth. Fuck advertisers anyway.

Interviewer: ok, well, if ads suck so much, maybe you should change your business model and make money some other way

Musk: buuuu ppuul mmm uh ah ae oh we shall ask the earth

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2023 3:14 pm 

He's often so close to getting it, but his narcissism prevents him from getting there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate