The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 188  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2022 12:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
spike wrote:
dad wrote:
spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Oh I’m sure he’s demonstrably broken any number of laws. Still nothing is going to happen.

The question is, do you think it will affect his electability?

the man could livestream himself doing cake farts on cakes depicting the us flag and still get elected again.

in fact, he should try that, and sell it as an NFT.

Yet liberals are responsible for our clown world.

*progressives

Changing a term to accommodate people with disabilities is definitely worse than criminal activity.

ive mentally changed when i use you guys but the others on the list arent in any verbage i toss out to our workers/clients

PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2022 1:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Peeps wrote:

ive mentally changed when i use you guys but the others on the list arent in any verbage i toss out to our workers/clients

You don't use the word "American"?

The terms are ubiquitous in our world and that's only a small fraction of the entire document that they spent 18 months building:

PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2022 1:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

the company i work for is worldwide. americans rarely come up unless i say something that is specific to what us american's say or do (the greatest thing since sliced bread is an american saying). or i will say here in america this is...

but i rarely if ever address anything broadly as american or america

the word submit has always been funny to me. in the context of sending a post or something i get you are submitting the request but i always thing of submit in relation to submit to my will

PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2022 1:25 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Peeps wrote:
the company i work for is worldwide. americans rarely come up unless i say something that is specific to what us american's say or do (the greatest thing since sliced bread is an american saying). or i will say here in america this is...

but i rarely if ever address anything broadly as american or america

the word submit has always been funny to me. in the context of sending a post or something i get you are submitting the request but i always thing of submit in relation to submit to my will

Weird. I've never thought of it that way in my life.

PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2022 4:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I used to work for a Global company and that definitely opened my eyes up in regards to being more inclusive and thoughtful with what I said. Kudos to Peeps.

PostPosted: Fri December 23, 2022 2:49 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

‘this time will be different’
‘this time he won’t get away with it’

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri December 23, 2022 3:11 am 
mXn

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Lol fuck you Stanford

I’m with you on this one

No better to bond than here in the Drumpf thread

PostPosted: Fri December 30, 2022 3:59 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

Hoo boy, Trump's tax returns were released. I am going to savor these, I love taxes. Preliminarily I saw he made over $9 million dollars in 2015 on interest alone :shock:

The 40-page ways & means report is complete with analysis and includes summaries , but I hope they released the actual 1040s etc too :bammer:

PostPosted: Fri December 30, 2022 4:03 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

knee tunes wrote:
Hoo boy, Trump's tax returns were released. I am going to savor these, I love taxes. Preliminarily I saw he made over $9 million dollars in 2015 on interest alone :shock:

The 40-page ways & means report is complete with analysis and includes summaries , but I hope they released the actual 1040s etc too :bammer:

Rank your favorite taxes.

PostPosted: Fri December 30, 2022 4:56 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

dad wrote:
knee tunes wrote:

All income tax.

Here's my favorite forms tho

Schedule A
1120-S
Schedule B
Schedule D
Schedule C
1096 and it's merry band of 1099s
1040X is my least favorite. that one can fuck right off

PostPosted: Fri December 30, 2022 6:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

knee tunes wrote:
dad wrote:
knee tunes wrote:

All income tax.

Schedule A
1120-S
Schedule B
Schedule D
Schedule C

reading all that was......

taxing

PostPosted: Fri December 30, 2022 8:40 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

Peeps wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
dad wrote:
knee tunes wrote:

All income tax.

Schedule A
1120-S
Schedule B
Schedule D
Schedule C

reading all that was......

taxing

:luv:

PostPosted: Fri December 30, 2022 9:44 pm 
Future Drummer

1040X…that was the super nintendo version of the 1040 right

PostPosted: Sat December 31, 2022 11:03 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

I'm almost positive

PostPosted: Wed February 15, 2023 3:34 am 
Mind Your Tanners

The continued Tale of Trump's Criming wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
It's homework
They were planted by the Deep State.
They're not classified.

“In my opinion, the Jan. 6 ratings — the show of Jan. 6 — hasn't been going so well,” said Alina Habba, an attorney for Trump, “They needed a little drama, so they throw this out there.”

"He thought he'd won the election, so he was packing his stuff late, he rushed, and put the documents in carelessly."

He didn't pack his own shit, so he's innocent of anything you accuse him of related to this or anything else really...

"These were attorney client privileged documents"

I forgot Rand Paul saying that the law DJ broke shouldn't be a law anymore, so this crime doesn't count.

Rudy: "He took the documents. They were classified. He had them at Maralago. Because he was keeping them safe."

WSJ: It's all true, but there's only 67 classified documents and that's not a lot.

DJ on Truth Social: That's my resort and the documents you say I should not have still had in my resort, but I wouldn't have left them on the ground all messy like that.

From tonight's filing: The meeting in June about these documents that were national archive property and that we took to Florida illegally, was actually about us asking if we could keep them for the Trump Presidential Library (whenever it's built), not about us giving the rest of the documents back. The documents that we had, still, illegally.
Trump's new lawyer:
It was just an empty folder and he used it as a lamp shade...

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2023 12:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

So it sounds like 7 years later Trump might finally be arrested.

Catch up summary:
Quote:
Cohen is the crucial witness because he made the $130,000 payment to Daniels in late October 2016, buying her silence about the story of an affair with Trump. Trump later reimbursed him as president, through monthly $35,000 checks from his personal checking account, and Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 to federal charges involving the hush money.

The district attorney’s case is likely to focus on how Trump and the Trump Organization handled the reimbursements. According to court filings in the federal case, the Trump Organization falsely recorded the payments as legal expenses, referencing a legal retainer with Cohen that did not exist.

Falsifying business records can be a misdemeanour in New York. But it can rise to a felony if prosecutors can show beyond a reasonable doubt that a defendant’s “intent to defraud” included an effort to commit or conceal a second crime.

What is unclear in this investigation is the potential second crime, though Bragg could tie the falsification to a violation of state election law, arguing the payment to Daniels was an illicit contribution to the Trump campaign, given the money stifled Daniels and helped his campaign.

Arresting a former president on a misdemeanor is probably not a great strategy as it will be the bedrock of next years “stop the steal” messaging, so we better hope they have more than just a falsified retainer from many years ago.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2023 3:02 pm 
Major Dude

Bi_3 wrote:
So it sounds like 7 years later Trump might finally be arrested.

Catch up summary:
Quote:
Cohen is the crucial witness because he made the $130,000 payment to Daniels in late October 2016, buying her silence about the story of an affair with Trump. Trump later reimbursed him as president, through monthly $35,000 checks from his personal checking account, and Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 to federal charges involving the hush money.

The district attorney’s case is likely to focus on how Trump and the Trump Organization handled the reimbursements. According to court filings in the federal case, the Trump Organization falsely recorded the payments as legal expenses, referencing a legal retainer with Cohen that did not exist.

Falsifying business records can be a misdemeanour in New York. But it can rise to a felony if prosecutors can show beyond a reasonable doubt that a defendant’s “intent to defraud” included an effort to commit or conceal a second crime.

What is unclear in this investigation is the potential second crime, though Bragg could tie the falsification to a violation of state election law, arguing the payment to Daniels was an illicit contribution to the Trump campaign, given the money stifled Daniels and helped his campaign.

Arresting a former president on a misdemeanor is probably not a great strategy as it will be the bedrock of next years “stop the steal” messaging, so we better hope they have more than just a falsified retainer from many years ago.

Well, they just revealed there was a third phone call to Georgia trying to “find” more votes and all those calls came after the Trump campaign’s own investigation showed there was no widespread voting fraud. So, I’m sure if they’re ready to indict, there’s some stuff we’re not aware of.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2023 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Bi_3 wrote:
Yeah, and I'm really skeptical of Trump's own claim that he's going to be arrested on Tuesday--sure seems like he wants to sow discord before any action is taken, and also to try to put DeSantis into a no-win position.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2023 8:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If the "protest" he's calling for materializes and if it turns violent, is he not clearly/directly responsible?

This seems even more brazen than January 6th...

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2023 8:51 pm 
Major Dude

elliseamos wrote:
If the "protest" he's calling for materializes and if it turns violent, is he not clearly/directly responsible?

This seems even more brazen than January 6th...

Of course he is. Will the MAGAs deny that he is? Of course they will.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 188  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate