The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Mon August 28, 2023 9:52 pm 
Major Dude

Goddamn. Get his name right. It’s Bi_

PostPosted: Mon August 28, 2023 10:04 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Please, avoid killing B_i. You WILL get banned from RM.

Like trump telling his folks to peacefully protest on Jan 6th

PostPosted: Mon August 28, 2023 10:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

One of the things I will give Republicans credit for: absolutely zero defeatism.

If Democrats were going into 2024 under these conditions, they’d already be writing “if we lose next year, here’s why“ opinion pieces where the author blames whichever part of the party they are not an active part of. None of this shit would get retracted later in the event of a victory.

The Republican party front runner faces multiple indictments and has helped to deliver three disappointing election results in a row. The top two candidates behind him are a mini-me who can’t stop delivering GOTV slogans for the opposition, and a meatball. They remain at historically low popularity levels with Gen Z and Millennials, who made up 41% of the electorate in 2020 and will be 48.5% of it in 2024 (edited to correct the numbers).

Not so much as a sweat has been broken.

Last edited by McParadigm on Tue August 29, 2023 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon August 28, 2023 10:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

hopefully their next leader will direct their aggression against a foreign adversary as opposed to domestic ones

a new Pearl Harbor needed to get them to sign up?

so many of them are obese they might not qualify for military service

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon August 28, 2023 11:26 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
One of the things I will give Republicans credit for: absolutely zero defeatism.

If Democrats were going into 2024 under these conditions, they’d already be writing “if we lose next year, here’s why“ opinion pieces where the author blames whichever part of the party they are not an active part of. None of this shit would get retracted later in the event of a victory.

The Republican party front runner faces multiple indictments and has helped to deliver three disappointing election results in a row. The top two candidates behind him are a mini-me who can’t stop delivering GOTV slogans for the opposition, and a meatball. They remain at historically low popularity levels with Gen Z and Millennials, who made up 32% of the electorate in 2020 and will be 47% of it in 2024.

A MAGA craves not these things. They’ll just insurrection harder this time and install him as king.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2023 12:33 am 
Major Dude

spike wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

The Republican party front runner faces multiple indictments and has helped to deliver three disappointing election results in a row. The top two candidates behind him are a mini-me who can’t stop delivering GOTV slogans for the opposition, and a meatball. They remain at historically low popularity levels with Gen Z and Millennials, who made up 32% of the electorate in 2020 and will be 47% of it in 2024.

A MAGA craves not these things. They’ll just insurrection harder this time and install him as king.

MAGApublicans have already said why they’ll lose next year. The dems stole it again.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2023 1:04 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
Goddamn. Get his name right. It’s Bi_

Meh, what am I supposed to do? Look up at the post above mine? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2023 5:15 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
hopefully he gets DQ'ed based on constitutional amendment 14 in the meantime

how would that be applied

certain states take him off the ballot?

guess none of the red states would

but maybe with a concerted effort and independent judiciary (and a pile of special interest money) in some purple states, we can rig the election to exclude him enforce the constitution to ensure only candidates who qualify are on the ballot

How is this possible without a conviction on those charges? Is he even charged with insurrection?

i thought i read or heard the tampering with georgia was enough

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2023 6:30 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

but maybe with a concerted effort and independent judiciary (and a pile of special interest money) in some purple states, we can rig the election to exclude him enforce the constitution to ensure only candidates who qualify are on the ballot

How is this possible without a conviction on those charges? Is he even charged with insurrection?

I am sure many of his 91 indictments will be enough, but I don't see how you make him face consequences without a conviction.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2023 8:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

I am sure many of his 91 indictments will be enough, but I don't see how you make him face consequences without a conviction.

maybe if a state court decides to disqualify him from the ballot based on evidence that he violated the 14th amendment (e.g. tweets / statements supporting insurrection)

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2023 11:00 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Have they decided in any of these cases whether the fact that he's indicted for something else is admissible to each case?

Or do they all have to be kept separate and not referenced?

Like, can a prosecutor refer to the fact that, "the defendant is facing charges in 4 other cases at the moment" or no?

Speaking to character of the man on trial.

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2023 5:54 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

elliseamos wrote:
Have they decided in any of these cases whether the fact that he's indicted for something else is admissible to each case?

Or do they all have to be kept separate and not referenced?

Like, can a prosecutor refer to the fact that, "the defendant is facing charges in 4 other cases at the moment" or no?

Speaking to character of the man on trial.

Probably there’s a time and place for that. During the arraignments, that is certainly something that can be used in arguing for whether to remand with or without bail. What surprises me, given his pattern of attacking judges and prosecutors online right after court appearances, is that no one has made an application to the judges to have him held - specifically because those social media blasts have the effect of trying to influence witnesses, courts, and jury pools while the case is now pending. That no jurisdiction has sought either a real gag order or alternatively for him to be held pending a trial - not saying it’s a good political concept, but it would at least serve protecting against the poisoning of a jury pool.

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2023 6:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If he goes to prison and wins the presidency, I assume he still gets Secret Service protection inside jail, correct?

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2023 6:08 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Coach wrote:
If he goes to prison and wins the presidency, I assume he still gets Secret Service protection inside jail, correct?

Yeah but it’s more like when Butchie sent those 2 guys to help Omar.

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2023 6:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Coach wrote:

He already gets it for life. Which is a reason why he will never be sent to jail.

PostPosted: Wed September 06, 2023 2:28 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

A sensible middle path.

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2023 12:11 am 
Major Dude

Bump

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2023 12:43 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Ok, but this one doesn’t have Mickey being so hilariously wrong on bussing migrants to NYC

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2023 12:46 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Whichever one was created second, I’ll merge into the first one

PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2023 1:59 am 
Major Dude

This one was first

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate