The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Insurrection Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 11:04 am 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:

Yup. I wonder if it's occurred to the media that "Trump wants Pence hanged" isn't a gotcha against MAGA's allegiance to Donald. THEY WANT THAT TO.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 11:06 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Why is it on primetime though?

To maximize the brainwashing.

if you watch the footage and hear the evidence and come away with anything other than this was planned and promoted by 45 then you are either willfully ignorant or profoundly stupid

the GOP claiming it is partisan. well yea kevin. you wouldnt allow any of the people from your team to join in on the fun. the ones you suggested were tied very closely to it all
claiming it was antifa or the FBI that planted all this violence is absurd . the oath keepers and proud boys admitted they were behind it at the urging of 45
the texts going back and forth show this was much more serious then most people realized

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 12:10 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Wow that sounds super dangerous to our democracy. We better empower Homeland Security to crack down on domestic terrorism. We better increase funding to NGOs policing hate online. We should start erecting barriers over the National Mall to protect our brave Congress people.

This is just so incredibly dangerous to our democracy someone please do something. I'm calling on the government to do whatever it takes to protect itself.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 12:34 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Imagine still believing that the 2020 election was stolen

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 12:41 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

We need to give the State more power to protect itself from domestic terrorism or else Trump will be president again. This was made clear to me by the State on primetime television. I don't see how anyone watching that could come to a different conclusion. This is so dangerous to our democracy.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 12:43 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Who was watching that, though? There was a hockey game on.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 1:05 pm 
Gone

Peeps, apparently

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 1:06 pm 
Future Drummer

Peeps wrote:
if you watch the footage and hear the evidence and come away with anything other than this was planned and promoted by 45 then you are either willfully ignorant or profoundly stupid

Can they be both?

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 1:50 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

they can

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 2:24 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Wow that sounds super dangerous to our democracy. We better empower Homeland Security to crack down on domestic terrorism. We better increase funding to NGOs policing hate online. We should start erecting barriers over the National Mall to protect our brave Congress people.

This is just so incredibly dangerous to our democracy someone please do something. I'm calling on the government to do whatever it takes to protect itself.

Do nothing instead?

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 2:40 pm 

spike wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Do nothing instead?

YES! You should do absolutely nothing about this. You should go about your life as though January 6th never happened. This is 10000% what you should do.

I have given you a course of action. Go forth into the world now. I've taught you all I can.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 2:59 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Do nothing instead?

YES! You should do absolutely nothing about this. You should go about your life as though January 6th never happened. This is 10000% what you should do.

I have given you a course of action. Go forth into the world now. I've taught you all I can.

You take issue with people in powerful positions overstepping, but you’re okay with Trump and co. facing no consequences in this case. Got it.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 3:07 pm 

Ok you worry about that. I'll worry about more important things.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 4:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I for one am so glad I don't have to worry about voting anymore.

King Biden is doing great!

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 4:50 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 4:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

If I don't watch can I still get my monkeypox vaccine?

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 4:58 pm 
Gone

People are still so obsessed with trump being held accountable for something... anything. Get over it, it's not happening. Move on with your lives.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 5:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

verb_to_trust wrote:
People are still so obsessed with trump being held accountable for something... anything. Get over it, it's not happening. Move on with your lives.

Kinda like this:

Freddie deBoer wrote:
People don’t dislike each other because of abstract politics or morals. That’s not how humans function. People dislike each other because of pure lizard brain shit, the kind of brute emotional entanglements that determined who you were friends with in elementary school. I’m something of an asshole so I’m never particularly aggrieved when people don’t like me. I can be a real dick. I make people feel insecure. I 100% get not liking me. What bothers me is when people dress this shit up with high-minded moral or political principle, pretending that they’re so elevated that they’re only motivated by abstract notions of the right and the good. Bullshit. You don’t like my style. You don’t like my attitude. You think I’m pretentious and corny and mean. Fair game, fair game, fair game. But don’t tell me our disagreements are political when they’re personal. I’m not saying you don’t disagree with some of the things I say. I’m saying that even if you didn’t you’d find a way to justify not liking me.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 5:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Did the former president try to keep himself president by getting people to invade the capital and disrupt the function of the government?

Yes.

Is that a problem worth holding him to account?

Yes.

Does it require taping people's eyeballs open to get them to admit this given how fleeting everyone's attention is to begin with?

Yes.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 5:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:

BurtReynolds wrote:
I can't get over how incredibly devious morning talk/news shows are. Pure unadulterated state propaganda from start to finish. And it's so creepy! It's indistinguishable from Black Mirror. And this is all we had to go on before the internet. Powerful mind control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate