The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Insurrection Thread
PostPosted: Fri February 04, 2022 11:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Serious question:
Will all these people be stripped of the ability to vote? I don't know which states take the right away for doing crime, but it would seem fitting in this instance.

PostPosted: Fri February 04, 2022 11:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:

Didn't mean to bottom page this.

PostPosted: Sat February 19, 2022 8:24 pm 
mXn

Look at this fkn guy

PostPosted: Sat February 19, 2022 9:10 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
Look at this fkn guy

Did he brandish a cutlass and clutch a knife between his teeth while he stormed the capital?

Last edited by wease on Sat February 19, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat February 19, 2022 9:19 pm 
Future Drummer

They recast Snake Plissken for the reboot of Escape from NY

PostPosted: Sun February 20, 2022 2:48 am 
Future Drummer

lol he’s disabled

PostPosted: Fri April 22, 2022 4:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

MTG on the stand now testifying in the hearing about whether or not she can run for reelection based on her alleged involvement in the January 6 activities.

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 9:18 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
Norris wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Today we found out that my brother-in-law tried to drive down to DC on 1/6, but his car broke down after 90 minutes of driving.

Yesterdsy, he called his ex-wife and--after threatening to kill her if she puts their daughter on ADHD medication--said he "got a good gig" where he's going to "reprogram people," so he's going to disappear off the grid for a few days. He's also started to refer to himself as a "patriot protector."

Update.

Today my mother-in-law went to get a COVID test after weeks of feeling ill with various respiratory ailments. My wife was begging her to go. To be honest, there is probably a better chance that this is lung cancer than COVID, but my wife will probably bring her to doctor's appointments, so she asked her to get a COVID test first so that it can be taken off the list of potential causes and so my wife won't have to quarantine if she comes in contact with her.

Anyway. She finally got the test today--keep in mind, just the nasal swab test, not the vaccine--and my brother-in-law is now raging that she has been microchipped. I didn't realize there was a conspiracy theory around just the test being a tracking device, but here we are.

Also, turns out that reprogramming camp he went to was in Rhode Island, but he didn't even stop by to say hi. Damn shame.

Arraigned today on four felonies, including battery, assault with a dangerous weapon, and intimidating a witness. It'd be an incredible shock if he actually faced consequences for this.

My wife saw a video of the aftermath of the incident that led to these charges, and in it my BIL is using the n-word quite liberally (all of the parties are white). Someone calls him on it, and he proceeds to explain how the word only recently gained a racist meaning and is more often just used to refer to a "stupid person."

Double update: my wife's ex-sister-in-law is working on getting a restraining order on my brother-in-law, mostly due to threats he's been sending her via text. He's referenced "new friends he's made" that can "make her life a living hell."

Also: he has a court date on Monday for the above-mentioned assault charges, and both he and the victim have asked my mother-in-law for a ride to the courthouse. Never a dull moment.

So my BIL has always been OT III with Q-Anon stuff, but he's been pretty docile lately by all reports. However, he's recently felt emboldened due to the "Let's go Brandon" stuff--his name is Brandon, so he feels pride that it's what people have started to use to be subversive and pass along secret messages. Possibly related, he broke his restraining order this week by texting his ex-wife and telling her he was going to cut her throat. Arrested and released the same day. I don't even think he's getting a court date for this one.

Pretty fucked up considering the failed murder-suicide in Salem this week.

It seems the arrest/violation of restraining order triggered weekly drug/alcohol screenings, but nothing more.

It’s been a while! On the day the Elon Musk purchase of Twitter was announced, my BIL registered a Twitter account. His bio says “Child sex trafficking is the world’s real pandemic. Abortion is murder. Anti-groomer. FIX 2020. John 3:16.”

165 tweets in his first day.

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 9:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Yikes

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 11:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Norris wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Today we found out that my brother-in-law tried to drive down to DC on 1/6, but his car broke down after 90 minutes of driving.

Yesterdsy, he called his ex-wife and--after threatening to kill her if she puts their daughter on ADHD medication--said he "got a good gig" where he's going to "reprogram people," so he's going to disappear off the grid for a few days. He's also started to refer to himself as a "patriot protector."

Update.

Today my mother-in-law went to get a COVID test after weeks of feeling ill with various respiratory ailments. My wife was begging her to go. To be honest, there is probably a better chance that this is lung cancer than COVID, but my wife will probably bring her to doctor's appointments, so she asked her to get a COVID test first so that it can be taken off the list of potential causes and so my wife won't have to quarantine if she comes in contact with her.

Anyway. She finally got the test today--keep in mind, just the nasal swab test, not the vaccine--and my brother-in-law is now raging that she has been microchipped. I didn't realize there was a conspiracy theory around just the test being a tracking device, but here we are.

Also, turns out that reprogramming camp he went to was in Rhode Island, but he didn't even stop by to say hi. Damn shame.

Arraigned today on four felonies, including battery, assault with a dangerous weapon, and intimidating a witness. It'd be an incredible shock if he actually faced consequences for this.

My wife saw a video of the aftermath of the incident that led to these charges, and in it my BIL is using the n-word quite liberally (all of the parties are white). Someone calls him on it, and he proceeds to explain how the word only recently gained a racist meaning and is more often just used to refer to a "stupid person."

Double update: my wife's ex-sister-in-law is working on getting a restraining order on my brother-in-law, mostly due to threats he's been sending her via text. He's referenced "new friends he's made" that can "make her life a living hell."

Also: he has a court date on Monday for the above-mentioned assault charges, and both he and the victim have asked my mother-in-law for a ride to the courthouse. Never a dull moment.

So my BIL has always been OT III with Q-Anon stuff, but he's been pretty docile lately by all reports. However, he's recently felt emboldened due to the "Let's go Brandon" stuff--his name is Brandon, so he feels pride that it's what people have started to use to be subversive and pass along secret messages. Possibly related, he broke his restraining order this week by texting his ex-wife and telling her he was going to cut her throat. Arrested and released the same day. I don't even think he's getting a court date for this one.

It seems the arrest/violation of restraining order triggered weekly drug/alcohol screenings, but nothing more.

It’s been a while! On the day the Elon Musk purchase of Twitter was announced, my BIL registered a Twitter account. His bio says “Child sex trafficking is the world’s real pandemic. Abortion is murder. Anti-groomer. FIX 2020. John 3:16.”

Sounds like he should be institutionalized

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 12:43 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

JuanHamm wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Norris wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Update.

Sounds like he should be institutionalized

Tried that, no luck. Been to rehab three times--the first two times, he was caught stealing from his employer, and they paid for him to fly out to California to rehab there. He was kicked out both times for fighting on the day before completing his program. The final time--which was the last time my wife saw him--he was involuntarily committed, and convinced them to let him go. John 3:16!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:30 pm 

This guy just got convicted for participation in 1/6. His defense was he didn’t know Congress met there

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:33 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

This guy just got convicted for participation in 1/6. His defense was he didn’t know Congress met there

Nice Hitler mustache too.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 12:15 am 
The Master

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 1:13 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I get why they're stringing this out.
I get why they're clear that they're not done with the investigation.
I don't get why nothing will happen from all of this.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 1:19 am 
Gone

Why is it on primetime though?

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 1:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bc it's a big deal, verb.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 1:35 am 
Gone

I opted to watch Master Chef Junior

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 3:20 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

verb_to_trust wrote:
Why is it on primetime though?

To maximize the brainwashing.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2022 3:49 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate