The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Insurrection Thread
PostPosted: Sat March 20, 2021 5:49 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Pretty sure that went out the window with Trump

Who, Flynn? Sycopants no longer on active duty?

Did MEFII's public twitter account start beefing with CNN and I missed it?

PostPosted: Sat March 20, 2021 6:47 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

You are telling me trump never commented on political issues with his official POTUS account?

PostPosted: Sat March 20, 2021 7:10 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

The whole concept of a woke military is very funny to me.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat March 20, 2021 7:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
You are telling me trump never commented on political issues with his official POTUS account?

What the president tweets is inherently political. Are you saying that the President switches between his commander in chief role and his political role and he shouldn't be political wearing his commander in chief hat? There's no difference between the president getting into it and generals doing the same?

PostPosted: Sat March 20, 2021 7:34 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:

When China inevitably kicks our ass, are they going to blame it on the Trump era military not performing enough gender affirmation surgeries?

PostPosted: Sun March 21, 2021 7:23 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

simple schoolboy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

When China inevitably kicks our ass, are they going to blame it on the Trump era military not performing enough gender affirmation surgeries?

That Chinese official yesterday telling us that we no longer speak from a position of strength says it all really.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 9:24 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Who had Nation of Islam on their Bingo card?

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 10:19 pm 

simple schoolboy wrote:

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 11:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

she could have gone in many directions after the word "had" and before the word "instead". This was one.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 5:00 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

So much for murder charges. Are 3 months the normal timeframe for a medical examiner's report?

PostPosted: Wed April 21, 2021 5:43 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Someone had an interesting theory that the bear spray some capitol police were exposed to secretly contained DMSO (skin penetrating solvent) and that capsaician or some other component of pepper spray like substances could inhibit clotting.

Apparently its pretty cheap and available over the counter for veterinary purposes. Sounds like you could do a fair bit of mischief with this stuff. When can I expect a video of someone pranking their friend with topical cocaine exposure?

PostPosted: Thu April 22, 2021 7:36 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Today we found out that my brother-in-law tried to drive down to DC on 1/6, but his car broke down after 90 minutes of driving.

Yesterdsy, he called his ex-wife and--after threatening to kill her if she puts their daughter on ADHD medication--said he "got a good gig" where he's going to "reprogram people," so he's going to disappear off the grid for a few days. He's also started to refer to himself as a "patriot protector."

Update.

Today my mother-in-law went to get a COVID test after weeks of feeling ill with various respiratory ailments. My wife was begging her to go. To be honest, there is probably a better chance that this is lung cancer than COVID, but my wife will probably bring her to doctor's appointments, so she asked her to get a COVID test first so that it can be taken off the list of potential causes and so my wife won't have to quarantine if she comes in contact with her.

Anyway. She finally got the test today--keep in mind, just the nasal swab test, not the vaccine--and my brother-in-law is now raging that she has been microchipped. I didn't realize there was a conspiracy theory around just the test being a tracking device, but here we are.

Also, turns out that reprogramming camp he went to was in Rhode Island, but he didn't even stop by to say hi. Damn shame.

Arraigned today on four felonies, including battery, assault with a dangerous weapon, and intimidating a witness. It'd be an incredible shock if he actually faced consequences for this.

My wife saw a video of the aftermath of the incident that led to these charges, and in it my BIL is using the n-word quite liberally (all of the parties are white). Someone calls him on it, and he proceeds to explain how the word only recently gained a racist meaning and is more often just used to refer to a "stupid person."

Double update: my wife's ex-sister-in-law is working on getting a restraining order on my brother-in-law, mostly due to threats he's been sending her via text. He's referenced "new friends he's made" that can "make her life a living hell."

Also: he has a court date on Monday for the above-mentioned assault charges, and both he and the victim have asked my mother-in-law for a ride to the courthouse. Never a dull moment.

PostPosted: Thu April 22, 2021 7:44 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
Someone had an interesting conspirarcy theory that the bear spray some capitol police were exposed to secretly contained DMSO (skin penetrating solvent) and that capsaician or some other component of pepper spray like substances could inhibit clotting.

Apparently its pretty cheap and available over the counter for veterinary purposes. Sounds like you could do a fair bit of mischief with this stuff. When can I expect a video of someone pranking their friend with topical cocaine exposure?

PostPosted: Thu April 22, 2021 7:59 pm 

PostPosted: Mon April 26, 2021 10:32 pm 

The turning inward of empire continues unimpeded.

PostPosted: Tue April 27, 2021 12:24 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

If you don’t do anything wrong you don’t have anything to worry about

PostPosted: Tue April 27, 2021 7:37 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Tue April 27, 2021 7:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:

Portland could learn a few things from this judge.

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 6:08 pm 

Lol "presidential historian"

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 11:46 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Funny that everyone freaked out about that statement. The correct response is, "Huh, well, debatable."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate