The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Insurrection Thread
PostPosted: Mon November 08, 2021 4:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Can you sue the state for that? Seems like a violation of their basic role in society

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 5:08 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

QAnon Shaman sentenced to 41 months. This seems higher than others from that day, yes? I wonder why he is different?

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 5:25 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
QAnon Shaman sentenced to 41 months. This seems higher than others from that day, yes? I wonder why he is different?

his magic is too dangerous to the state to be allowed to go free.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu November 18, 2021 1:20 am 
Poster of the Year

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Today we found out that my brother-in-law tried to drive down to DC on 1/6, but his car broke down after 90 minutes of driving.

Yesterdsy, he called his ex-wife and--after threatening to kill her if she puts their daughter on ADHD medication--said he "got a good gig" where he's going to "reprogram people," so he's going to disappear off the grid for a few days. He's also started to refer to himself as a "patriot protector."

Update.

Today my mother-in-law went to get a COVID test after weeks of feeling ill with various respiratory ailments. My wife was begging her to go. To be honest, there is probably a better chance that this is lung cancer than COVID, but my wife will probably bring her to doctor's appointments, so she asked her to get a COVID test first so that it can be taken off the list of potential causes and so my wife won't have to quarantine if she comes in contact with her.

Anyway. She finally got the test today--keep in mind, just the nasal swab test, not the vaccine--and my brother-in-law is now raging that she has been microchipped. I didn't realize there was a conspiracy theory around just the test being a tracking device, but here we are.

Also, turns out that reprogramming camp he went to was in Rhode Island, but he didn't even stop by to say hi. Damn shame.

Arraigned today on four felonies, including battery, assault with a dangerous weapon, and intimidating a witness. It'd be an incredible shock if he actually faced consequences for this.

My wife saw a video of the aftermath of the incident that led to these charges, and in it my BIL is using the n-word quite liberally (all of the parties are white). Someone calls him on it, and he proceeds to explain how the word only recently gained a racist meaning and is more often just used to refer to a "stupid person."

Double update: my wife's ex-sister-in-law is working on getting a restraining order on my brother-in-law, mostly due to threats he's been sending her via text. He's referenced "new friends he's made" that can "make her life a living hell."

Also: he has a court date on Monday for the above-mentioned assault charges, and both he and the victim have asked my mother-in-law for a ride to the courthouse. Never a dull moment.

So my BIL has always been OT III with Q-Anon stuff, but he's been pretty docile lately by all reports. However, he's recently felt emboldened due to the "Let's go Brandon" stuff--his name is Brandon, so he feels pride that it's what people have started to use to be subversive and pass along secret messages. Possibly related, he broke his restraining order this week by texting his ex-wife and telling her he was going to cut her throat. Arrested and released the same day. I don't even think he's getting a court date for this one.

Pretty fucked up considering the failed murder-suicide in Salem this week.

PostPosted: Fri November 19, 2021 1:22 am 
10Club Complaint Department

can’t. stop. laughing.

PostPosted: Fri November 19, 2021 1:33 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Norris wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Today we found out that my brother-in-law tried to drive down to DC on 1/6, but his car broke down after 90 minutes of driving.

Yesterdsy, he called his ex-wife and--after threatening to kill her if she puts their daughter on ADHD medication--said he "got a good gig" where he's going to "reprogram people," so he's going to disappear off the grid for a few days. He's also started to refer to himself as a "patriot protector."

Update.

Today my mother-in-law went to get a COVID test after weeks of feeling ill with various respiratory ailments. My wife was begging her to go. To be honest, there is probably a better chance that this is lung cancer than COVID, but my wife will probably bring her to doctor's appointments, so she asked her to get a COVID test first so that it can be taken off the list of potential causes and so my wife won't have to quarantine if she comes in contact with her.

Anyway. She finally got the test today--keep in mind, just the nasal swab test, not the vaccine--and my brother-in-law is now raging that she has been microchipped. I didn't realize there was a conspiracy theory around just the test being a tracking device, but here we are.

Also, turns out that reprogramming camp he went to was in Rhode Island, but he didn't even stop by to say hi. Damn shame.

Arraigned today on four felonies, including battery, assault with a dangerous weapon, and intimidating a witness. It'd be an incredible shock if he actually faced consequences for this.

My wife saw a video of the aftermath of the incident that led to these charges, and in it my BIL is using the n-word quite liberally (all of the parties are white). Someone calls him on it, and he proceeds to explain how the word only recently gained a racist meaning and is more often just used to refer to a "stupid person."

Double update: my wife's ex-sister-in-law is working on getting a restraining order on my brother-in-law, mostly due to threats he's been sending her via text. He's referenced "new friends he's made" that can "make her life a living hell."

Also: he has a court date on Monday for the above-mentioned assault charges, and both he and the victim have asked my mother-in-law for a ride to the courthouse. Never a dull moment.

So my BIL has always been OT III with Q-Anon stuff, but he's been pretty docile lately by all reports. However, he's recently felt emboldened due to the "Let's go Brandon" stuff--his name is Brandon, so he feels pride that it's what people have started to use to be subversive and pass along secret messages. Possibly related, he broke his restraining order this week by texting his ex-wife and telling her he was going to cut her throat. Arrested and released the same day. I don't even think he's getting a court date for this one.

Pretty fucked up considering the failed murder-suicide in Salem this week.

It seems the arrest/violation of restraining order triggered weekly drug/alcohol screenings, but nothing more.

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 12:43 am 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 1:23 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

One really should know better though. Burning down a neighborhood does little to harm the state. The state will tolerate a lot of things, but attacking actual institutions of power, or at least the symbols of its power, can never be tolerated, and will be punished harshly. It can't allow the perception that its too weak to defend itself to become pervasive.

In other words, you come at the king, you best not miss.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 12:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Come at the king and demand he beleive your lie to keep you as figurehead for his kingdom?

Or

Burn down a car dealership in a town where people are being shot during routine traffic stops to express your disenfranchisement from society and exert your power over the insurance industry which is rooted in racism and stuff?

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 1:59 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

elliseamos wrote:
Come at the king and demand he beleive your lie to keep you as figurehead for his kingdom?

Or

Burn down a car dealership in a town where people are being shot during routine traffic stops to express your disenfranchisement from society and exert your power over the insurance industry which is rooted in racism and stuff?

1.) that’s clearly satire

2.) the “ they have insurance” thing has been debunked ad nauseam:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/busi ... nosha.html

As that author wrote this week:
Quote:
A note on Kenosha in light of the Kyle Rittenhouse trial: Until quite recently, the mainstream liberal argument was that burning down businesses for racial justice was both good and healthy. Burnings allowed for the expression of righteous rage, and the businesses all had insurance to rebuild.

When I was at the New York Times, I went to Kenosha to see about this, and it turned out to be not true. The part of Kenosha that people burned in the riots was the poor, multi-racial commercial district, full of small, underinsured cell phone shops and car lots. It was very sad to see and to hear from people who had suffered. Beyond the financial loss, small storefronts are quite meaningful to their owners and communities, which continuously baffles the Zoom-class.

Something odd happened with that story after I filed it. It didn’t run. It sat and sat.

Now it could be that the piece was just bad. I’ve sent in bad ones before, and I’ll do it again. A few weeks after I filed, an editor told me: The Times wouldn’t be able to run my Kenosha insurance debacle piece until after the 2020 election, so sorry.

There were a variety of reasons given—space, timing, tweaks here or there.

Eventually the election passed. Biden was in the White House. And my Kenosha story ran. Whatever the reason for holding the piece, covering the suffering after the riots was not a priority. The reality that brought Kyle Rittenhouse into the streets was one we reporters were meant to ignore. The old man who tried to put out a blaze at a Kenosha store had his jaw broken. The top editor of the Philadelphia Inquirer had to resign in June 2020 amid staff outcry for publishing a piece with the headline, “Buildings Matter, Too.”

If you lived in those neighborhoods on fire, you were not supposed to get an extinguisher. The proper response — the only acceptable response — was to see the brick and mortar torn down, to watch the fires burn and to say: thank you.

Last edited by Bi_3 on Sat November 20, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 2:05 pm 

elliseamos wrote:

Or

Not talking about the justifications of either. I'm only talking about the harm it does to the state, and how the state reacts differently depending on what it regards as a threat to it's authority.

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 2:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Spoiler: show
it

was

laughing at both sides

especially burt

He's his own side

PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 2:39 am 
The Master

PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 7:57 pm 

When demand for enemies outstrips supply.

PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 8:02 pm 

"Their Jan 6th is so much better than ours":

PostPosted: Fri January 07, 2022 8:33 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
"Their Jan 6th is so much better than ours":

This is what happens when the government doesn't get out in front of an issue with messaging like, "higher gas prices are good, actually."

PostPosted: Sat January 08, 2022 2:00 am 
Mind Your Tanners

First thought: EVEN IN KAZAKH THEY FILM THEMSELVES DOING CRIME!
Second thought: The kill-without-warning declaration from the president means those horses are dead now too.

PostPosted: Sat January 08, 2022 6:14 am 
mXn

Everyone involved in this thing is stupid and I hope once Trump dies the world just forgets about it (while the perps are in jail still, of course)

PostPosted: Thu January 13, 2022 10:14 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

"Representative Gaetz, is this a little childish, or is that what attracted you to it?" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu February 03, 2022 9:02 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate