Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: George Zimmerman found not guilty

Thu November 14, 2013 10:37 pm

stip wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:So it turns out her blood alcohol was 3 times the legal limit... 3 hours after her accident.

does that matter? what was she wearing?

It could. If she's incredibly drunk, yelling and screaming and pounding on the door, it's possibly her behavior could have increased the fear in the homeowner.

Thu November 14, 2013 10:47 pm

@SkitchP wrote:So it turns out her blood alcohol was 3 times the legal limit... 3 hours after her accident.

Something about a single vehicle accident late at night suggested that.

Thu November 14, 2013 10:49 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:

Something about a single vehicle accident late at night suggested that.

Oh, for sure. But the accident occurred at 1am, and she got shot at 4. So either she walked and drank more, or was an insane level of drunk at the time of the accident.

Fri November 15, 2013 9:30 am

stip wrote:I think those standards should be higher too, but one battle at a time :)

I'm not convinced that there is a problem regarding 'civilian' shootings. If you have additional cases, I'd love to hear them, and on the face of it I don't know if this was a good shoot one way or the other.

If you are still upset at the Zimmerman verdict it might be because at the outset he was treated like something approaching law enforcent, with the exception of receiving pay.

I have a reasonable confidence that even with castle doctrines and stand your ground laws that juries will get it right most of the time.

However, when we give undue deference, such as when it involves agents of the state with statutory immunity then the repurcussions of taking another person's (or pet's) life become trivial.

Fri November 15, 2013 10:54 am

It will be interesting to see if the number of self defense shootings go up under these laws. If so, it is a cold constellation to know that people are retroactively punished for murders they thought were justified still the time.

And I am not disagreeing at all regarding law enforcement.

Fri November 15, 2013 1:17 pm

stip wrote:It will be interesting to see if the number of self defense shootings go up under these laws.

Don't these laws change that definition so that it will inevitably go up?

Fri November 15, 2013 2:11 pm

The number of shootings that can broadly be classified as defensive in nature. Do syg laws license people to think more aggressively, basically?

Fri November 15, 2013 5:16 pm

This guy was charged with 2nd degree murder.

Fri November 15, 2013 6:15 pm

What the fuck did you do?

Fri November 15, 2013 6:22 pm

@SkitchP wrote:This guy was charged with 2nd degree murder.

so then the legal question is whether the stand your ground law exonerates him?

Fri November 15, 2013 8:01 pm

stip wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:This guy was charged with 2nd degree murder.

so then the legal question is whether the stand your ground law exonerates him?

I've only read about this on here, so I'm not all that clear on the details, but... didn't he open a locked door to shoot her in the face? That's pretty clearly not standing your ground.

Fri November 15, 2013 8:12 pm

that's kind of what I was getting at earlier. I wonder if this person would have opened a locked door to fire if there wasn't a SYG law.

Wed November 20, 2013 8:20 am

George's girlfriend was kind of hot. I mean, I probably would....

Wed November 20, 2013 9:52 pm

You'd...hit that?

Thu May 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Welp.

George Zimmerman To Use Gun Sale Proceeds To Fight BLM And Clinton

George Zimmerman has decided to sell the gun he used to shoot and kill unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012.

"What I've decided to do is not cower," Zimmerman told Fox 35 Orlando about his decision to sell the gun. "I'm a free American. I can do what I want with my possessions."

"It's time to move past the firearm. And if I sell it, and it sells, I move past it," he added. "Otherwise, it’s going in a safe for my grandkids, never to be used or seen again."

In his description of the 9mm pistol on Gunbroker.com, Zimmerman wrote that he used the gun in self defense and said that the Justice Department failed in its attempts to "render the firearm inoperable."

"The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin," he wrote.

"This is a piece of American History. It has been featured in several publications and in current University text books. Offers to purchase the Firearm have been received; however, the offers were to use the gun in a fashion I did not feel comfortable with," he continued. "The firearm is fully functional as the attempts by the Department of Justice on behalf of B. Hussein Obama to render the firearm inoperable were thwarted by my phenomenal Defense Attorney."

Zimmerman said that some of the proceeds from the sale of the firearm will be used to "fight BLM violence against Law Enforcement officers, ensure the demise of Angela Correy's persecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric."

An attorney for Martin's family issued a brief statement to Fox 35 Orlando addressing Zimmerman's auction.

"The Trayvon Martin Foundation is committed to its mission of ending senseless gun violence in the United States. This election season, we are laser focused on furthering that mission. As such, the foundation has no comment on the actions of that person," the statement reads.

Zimmerman will put the pistol up for auction on Thursday morning with a starting bid of $5,000.

Thu May 12, 2016 1:50 pm

I'm surprised someone hasn't killed this guy yet...

Thu May 12, 2016 1:53 pm

I kind of love that douchebag shitstains like Zimmerman and Shkreli are rubbing everyone's faces in the bullshit of the American legal system. They haven't gone away quietly after being absolved of legal responsibility for their horrifically awful actions. The flaws couldn't be more front-and-center with dickholes like this running around.

Of course, sadly, it will probably change nothing.

Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 pm

Chloe wrote:I'm surprised someone hasn't killed this guy yet...

i know where you can get a gun

Fri May 13, 2016 1:20 pm

stip wrote:
Chloe wrote:I'm surprised someone hasn't killed this guy yet...

i know where you can get a gun

:haha: :haha:

:cry:

Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Someone with the username "Racist McShootFace" has been bidding millions of dollars in an attempt to disrupt the auction.
Post a reply