The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 27, 2020 12:34 am 
Looks Like a Cat

96583UP wrote:
And then there is this charming gem. Are they quietly slipping in an April Fool's joke for Mr. DJT?!? We know he doesn't like to read...

Quote:
Section 4019. Conflicts of Interest.

Any company in which the President, Vice President, an executive department head, Member of Congress, or any of such individual’s spouse, child, son-in-law, or daughter- in-law own over 20 percent of the outstanding voting stock shall not be eligible for loans, loan guarantees, or other investments provided under this Title.

This should be a damn Amendment

PostPosted: Fri March 27, 2020 2:18 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
I hope this is true

i wonder who will buy their cruiseliners when they have to auction them off to pay debtholders?

maybe

Spoiler: show

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri March 27, 2020 2:19 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
And then there is this charming gem. Are they quietly slipping in an April Fool's joke for Mr. DJT?!? We know he doesn't like to read...

Quote:
Section 4019. Conflicts of Interest.

Any company in which the President, Vice President, an executive department head, Member of Congress, or any of such individual’s spouse, child, son-in-law, or daughter- in-law own over 20 percent of the outstanding voting stock shall not be eligible for loans, loan guarantees, or other investments provided under this Title.

This should be a damn Amendment

they'll call it 'The Jared Amendment'

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri March 27, 2020 2:20 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mo' money, less problems:

Quote:
• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that Americans would likely see more direct checks in future coronavirus relief packages

• 'I don't think we've seen the end of direct payments,' she said 

PostPosted: Sat March 28, 2020 11:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Lows keep getting lower:

https://www.kxan.com/news/austin-compan ... us-checks/

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 1:51 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

'Democracy Doesn't Work, People'
- Kent Brockman

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lawmakers-pack-federal-stimulus-bill-with-pet-provisions-11585393200

Quote:
Tucked inside the FDA bill was a separate measure championed by makers of sunscreen such as Coppertone and Banana Boat. U.S. sunscreen manufacturers won language that halts an FDA review into whether the ingredients of most widely used sunscreens are harmful.

PostPosted: Tue March 31, 2020 4:05 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

96583UP wrote:
'Democracy Doesn't Work, People'
- Kent Brockman

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lawmakers-pack-federal-stimulus-bill-with-pet-provisions-11585393200

Quote:
Tucked inside the FDA bill was a separate measure championed by makers of sunscreen such as Coppertone and Banana Boat. U.S. sunscreen manufacturers won language that halts an FDA review into whether the ingredients of most widely used sunscreens are harmful.

This makes some sense. The FDA is terrible on sunscreen. We can only use grandfathered-in sunscreen components in the US, while the EU has less carcinogenic, more effective UV filtering agents in theirs.

Why should Coppertone or Banana Boat pay for the insanely expensive trials to bring new materials to market? Sunscreen is expensive enough, I shudder at the thought of proprietary sunscreen only available from one or two manufacturers.

PostPosted: Wed April 01, 2020 7:12 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

So if people owe taxes from last year, is the government going to apply this to those? I've seen a bunch of people worried about that, apparently.

PostPosted: Wed April 01, 2020 7:20 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
So if people owe taxes from last year, is the government going to apply this to those? I've seen a bunch of people worried about that, apparently.

That’s what we figured we’d use it on.

PostPosted: Wed April 01, 2020 11:10 pm 
Poster of the Year

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I forget where I heard it but I heard the answer to this was no. You're getting a check even if you owe, but you'll still owe.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 4:58 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I'm seeing not great news from the SBA and loan roll outs. Larger banks are not involved, regional banks are but having difficulty submitting applications, etc.

Anyone here have any luck with them?

Also, loans? Fuck it, money printer goes BRRRRRRR.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 5:01 am 
Gone

My wife's Ortho clinic is hoping to get in on it, and they are apparently affiliated with a local bank, so we'll see. At one point there was a rumor it was going to be a lottery system due to all the applications.

PostPosted: Tue April 07, 2020 1:53 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I read they are already working on writing Round 2, and they will add more to the SBA program if it hits the $350 B cap

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 9:29 pm 
Polluted

Our check is pending. Probably be available on Monday. Am I supposed to spend it to boost up the economy?

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 9:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Self wrote:
Our check is pending. Probably be available on Monday. Am I supposed to spend it to boost up the economy?

get a thinline telecaster

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 9:52 pm 
Gone

I'm going to sit on the money since I'm still working. It's hard to feel like there isn't a catch here.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 10:30 pm 
Polluted

doug rr wrote:
Self wrote:

If I'm gonna be productive with all of these toys, I should probably get a bass. The one I have is like trying fret rebar over train tracks.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 10:32 pm 
Production Police

My wife is having some broad experience with a regional bank. They are really struggling to keep up with the volume of inquiries and conflicting information.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 11:18 pm 
The Master

Self wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Self wrote:

If I'm gonna be productive with all of these toys, I should probably get a bass. The one I have is like trying fret rebar over train tracks.

Remove the frets then and clean it up. Fretless bass yo!

PostPosted: Wed April 15, 2020 1:21 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Raz and I got ours this morning, plus the 500 for Z Bear. It's hard to get excited and think about spending it cause we could be living through another great depression soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate