The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: All the Answers will be Found: 'We Missed the Mark'
PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2022 1:37 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Yeah the court opinion really pushes it way over the edge.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2022 1:39 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
It's weird, but you guys are really stretching

It's difficult to believe they printed out the Supreme Court opinion on virtual CP and put in that photo shoot by random happenstance.

Yeah, it's definitely a weird thing to do.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2022 2:28 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

The stuffed bears are in bondage gear lol

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2022 2:39 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

That's what makes it sketchy to me. The court opinion is a small enough detail that it could be the result of a photographer gone rogue, some wannabe artsy weirdo trying to be edgy. But having the girls pose with teddy bears in bondage gear? There were marketing meetings about that. Somebody pitched that and someone approved it

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2022 2:43 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Heh maybe they left for other reasons.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat November 26, 2022 4:28 pm 

heh I don't think this will get very far.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Seems like Target is in here now after overshooting Pride Month with too much Satanism. :facepalm:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:54 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Seems like Target is in here now after overshooting Pride Month with too much Satanism. :facepalm:

I can't find any articles showing that they sold anything promoting Satanism (not that I would care if they did)

The bigots definitely seem to be getting better organized lately. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out because walking this stuff back is sure to anger progressives. Seems like these companies are getting themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm 

Their direction is pretty easy. Don't push politics to sell shit. Doesn't anger anyone except activists, who are broke losers anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
Their direction is pretty easy. Don't push politics to sell shit. Doesn't anger anyone except activists, who are broke losers anyway.

Yeah, but in fairness to Target:

1.) it's not clear that the allegations are true as reported but more like a mosaic of things put together for clicks
2.) they can do whatever they want so long as they accept the consequences of the market reaction

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:24 pm 

Dove came out with a video game themed commercial that was shocking in it's poor execution. The general idea (I think) was to be some kind of anti-sexualization message, but they fucked it up. It ended up seeming to say fat is less sexual than being rather mid, while at the same time having her wear less armor in the "less sexualized" example. Pretty weird. Anyway no one liked it and it barely even generated any hate clicks, so I think this marketing gimmick is in its death throes.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:39 pm 
The Master

Great update. Thanks Burt.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:10 pm 

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:15 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Dove came out with a video game themed commercial that was shocking in it's poor execution. The general idea (I think) was to be some kind of anti-sexualization message, but they fucked it up. It ended up seeming to say fat is less sexual than being rather mid, while at the same time having her wear less armor in the "less sexualized" example. Pretty weird. Anyway no one liked it and it barely even generated any hate clicks, so I think this marketing gimmick is in its death throes.

Would you say she closely resembled your dream woman?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:23 am 

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Would you say she closely resembled your dream woman?

not big enough

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:29 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

moral of the story: don’t market

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:29 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

accept simplicity

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:36 am 

I'm 90% sure someone who had no idea what was going on was like "can we make the 'sexualized girl' less attractive? And can we cover her up more?" thus defeating the entire purpose of the commercial.

The sexy female game character trope hasn't really been a thing for like 10 years anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 am 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:

I do think that companies are second guessing the TQ part of LGBTQ due to pressure from right-leaning folx. Could just be that they don't want to get caught on the wrong side should Sleepy Joe lose next year's election.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate